Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TUI Crystal Ski : some HB hotels only 6 nights evening meals

Poster: A snowHead
@Bergmeister, hut as in mountain cafe/hütte. Should be CafToCaf really!

When we've had a late arrival a cold platter of cheese and meats seems to have been standard. If Saturday is the non catered night then not even that is being offered. A small problem as you've probably already had something to eat.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crystal Ski websites has been down for a while. Last night and today. Timings don't match up with the Crowdstike thinng.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another one, Hotel Lebzelter also in Zell am See, no evening meal on Thursdays.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just received an email from Crystal advising of a new option this year. Self drive to resort. Seems a bit weird at first glance.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Just received an email from Crystal advising of a new option this year. Self drive to resort. Seems a bit weird at first glance.

I also received that.

I suspect that it is because flights are way more expensive than usual this year, perhaps because of restricted availability (that is my impression anyway) This seems to have fed through to tour operator prices. Half term is through the roof. A couple of hotels we have stayed in are now 50% higher than previous half terms.

It is for this reason we are driving for the first time. Perhaps others have made the same decision and Crystal are looking to join the party.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You've always had a drive option with TOs....haven't you?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, annoyingly not. There are several TOs who only offer packages including flights. Ones I'm aware of currently are Heidi and SkiBeat.

Crystal appear to be only offering self drive to French resorts and you have to call them to book. Still no use to someone who travels to the Alps by train.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Self-drive used to be an option in the past I'm sure.

Quote:

Still no use to someone who travels to the Alps by train.

@sugarmoma666,they might offer you an accommodation only price if you call them?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hells Bells, yes, that was my recollection
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am a fan of TOs for my skiing holidays but if you are driving why would you choose to use them?
Fan may be to strong a word but for us it has generally been the cheapest option.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think it is a good idea, but possibly not on arrival night or night before leaving. A night out gives people the opportunity to explore. I've asked the hotel I've been using in Tignes over the last few years if they can look at a night off.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Inghams do Ski-Drive -- they just knock £100.00 off the Fly price

https://www.inghams.co.uk/getting-to-resort/self-drive
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Heidi does Ski-Drive, but you have to contact the Sales team directly - we haven't rolled it out for general use yet as we're still ironing out processes and tightening code. We can also do everything but the transfers for people who want to rent a car at the airport, and other variations if the Sales team are willing to try and put it together.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@xanthipe, oooh, thanks for that, I skipped heidi due to the "flight only" website. maybe just add an explainer saying "get in touch if you want to drive"
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just as a note, I've just talked to one of the Heidi ski experts - they can sort an apartment for us as long as we also buy a lift pass or ski hire, but not if we don't want that as they can;'t do eurotunnel tickets instead of flights. As we're trying to avoid flying, that doesn't work for us sadly - we'll be buying season passes as theyre half price pre-season, so cheaper than a 2 week lift pass, and we already have skis.
ski holidays
colinstone wrote:
I think it is a good idea, but possibly not on arrival night . ..
Exactly.

For a couple it is generally okay to find somewhere to eat, even if you arrive late - although I've stayed in places where even that would be difficult, with all eateries booked up. But if you are a larger group, say 8+, it isn't that easy. You can't reserve in advance, because you don't know what time you will arrive. You might not have had much, or any, sleep the night before. Children might not want to go out again after a long day. At say 10pm (which is when I arrived once after a major travel issue) it can be way below freezing, and many won't want to go out for food. Much easier if the hotel can provide something on arrival day/night, even if just a cold buffet.
latest report
@nbt Yeah, fair - we have contract limits on what we're allowed to bundle, and while we've got a couple of train offerings it's more of the 'direct train to resort' variety when they're in. Still, thank you for asking Smile

We're not making a big deal of the alternative bundles just yet because we're still doing shakedown, but there's more in the works...
snow report
@xanthipe, train might be an option for a future trip, will bear that in mind thanks. If you need any guinea pigs I might be available (for a suitable discount of course Shocked Laughing ). We're up in Manchester so that would be a good test of "you can book a train but you have to get to London yourself" - if I'm booking a train I want to book from a local station so if (when) the train is delayed, I know my onward connection is protected

(getting a little off topic here but hey)
snow conditions
Weathercam wrote:
Thing is about the Vielle Ferme, and I knew Magnus the ex-manager well, as I alluded to the vast % of clients are Swedes, and believe it or not, they're transferred from Geneva, and more often than not arrive in the early hours of Sunday morning, so no need for a meal on Saturday evening Laughing

The Rotisserie there with a new chef and management this past season, was nowhere near what is was under Magnus.

Magnus...did he ever say 'I've started, so I'll finish'?? Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy