Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski area option

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@sbooker, short answer, yes can be different conditions. Chances that there will be - my guess is around 10% chance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sbooker, in regard of waiting until a couple of weeks out. I'm not sure it will help much. Two weeks is a long time. And whatever the prevailing conditions are and the long range forecasts are - that could all change in a couple of weeks.

Unless you are in a position to book 2/3 days before trying to catch great off piste conditions is largely a wild goose chase IMO.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sbooker wrote:
I’m now also considering Snoworks backcountry out of Meribel starting March 31st. Any comments on that? Not too late for Meribel given its relatively low altitude?

Meribel itself won't be all that but that won't be where they take you.

Not sure what our plans are for next Spring but we could well be in 3V and you would be welcome to join if so.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all.
@Layne, our paths just may cross.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
3V spring touring/backcountry end of March should be great I'd guess, either lovely spring snow or the chance of some fresh snow on the north facing higher slopes over in Courchevel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So what are the chances of being able to book a modest but well positioned apartment in Tignes/Val D/Meribel for a week from March 15 just a few days before?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sbooker, I’d have thought pretty reasonable?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sbooker, if your dates are set and your destination is also largely set then I can't see the point in waiting to book accommodation. Val d'Isere and Tignes will have equal or better snow than Meribel or the Portes du Soleil in mid March. The Haute Maurienne or the Ecrins could have better conditions but if they do there won't be much in it. Making the most if any conditions means having a guide and pre-booking your accommodation allows you to pre-book your guide/group. For Brits I can see the point in waiting to decide on dates last minute for those with flexible work/retired, or to choose between the Austrian or the French Alps. Early season there is some logic to booking travel but not accommodation as you could be better off going high or meadow skipping depending on conditions and precisestorm centres, but mid to late season from Geneva, nowhere will be much better than Val d'Isere and Tignes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks again everyone. Snowheads is a great resource for us gapers.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another vote for Alpine experience. One time we started skiing with just another couple as the supposed top group, but after the first descent the other couple turned out not to be up to it and were transferred to another group. The two of us proceeded to do a day on our own with the guide who skied our legs off down steep stuff. Great day. I think the guide was very happy to ski things a bit nearer his own pace than usual!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sbooker, Sorry just seen this thread .

I’m pretty sure that Ski Villaroger do their off piste week in March , with ski touring and try a night in a hut . They obviously ski Ste Foy , Lea Arcs , Val Tignes and over the border into Italy . I hear great things about them . Nice people .
Link here

https://skivillaroger.com/
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Rob Mackley, Thanks. That does sound interesting.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy