Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The semi-official "Sainte Foy Question" thread

Poster: A snowHead
@Rob Mackley, I plan on taking a day to St Foy from Val D’Isere in March next year. Hopefully Alpine Experience will take me there but if I have to make the trip myself I just get the Altibus down to the main road stop under SF and then the shuttle up?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sbooker, correct to the above.

If you would be heading alone and if that would be during the week of 8-15 March, give me a shout, I could pick you up at StF village and drive up to the resort.

If you venture with a guide to StF that week I would be interesting in joining and sharing guide’ day costs. Am an “intermidiot” offpiste skier
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sbooker, sorry don’t know anything about the Altibus to and from Val but yes the shuttle runs to and from the station timetable available on the website .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Learned something re the StF buses and shuttles the hard way - shuttle stop is circa 100-150m from the regular bus stop that circulates on the main road between the BSM and Tignes/Val d’Isere. As my son (198 tall) prefers train over car journey to the mountains so last Feb treated the whole family with a train trip to StF. Transfer from BSM to StF by bus was seamless. I overlooked details of a transfer back the following Saturday. Took a free shuttle from “StF Station” to “StF Village” and we were all waiting for a bus towards BSM (first screwup - did not notice I booked return transfer from “StF Village/Centre” instead from “StF Station/Bonconseil” Embarassed, idot as I have done train trip and transfer previously in a correct way). Second screwup - shuttle and regular bus stops are circa 150m apart and once completed the shuttle leg I was waiting in the wrong spot for the regular bus. Anyway, here is the approx location of shuttle and regular bus stops:

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mooney058, I’m 15th to 22nd sorry. Otherwise that would be perfect because I’m a super enthusiastic yet relatively unskilled off piste skier.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@sbooker, idem, I am also a relatively novice but very enthusiastic offpiste skier. You will love it at StF if your guides will take you there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone have any suggestions for a taxi driver to get to Sainte Foy from Geneva or Grenoble please ?

Will be four of us plus skis so taxi probably best I would have thought.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jammy 07, my mates used this guy for Geneva to StFoy:

Etienne
+33 6 08 92 90 97
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sbooker, we are 15th too. See you there!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I reckon this should continue as the go to Sainte Foy Tarentaise thread . @frank_bough, Could you change the thread Subject to The Official “Another Sainte Foy Question”
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Rob Mackley, good shout.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jammy 07, SnowDrone service Val d'Isere and Tignes with both private and shared transfers. Well regarded and used by many SnowHeads. Pretty sure they would cover SteFoy for a private. I know the shared transfers have dropped people off on the way past to Val when I have been on them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the tips on taxi services as much appreciated.

I've also been searching around on here for transfer advice and came across FindTransfer.com and after entering our requirements have received multiple quotes ranging from 350 euro upwards for a one way transfer from Grenoble.

Not booked yet but favouring one quote for 400 euro where we can pay cash to the driver as others require payment up front.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I reckon this should continue as the go to Sainte Foy Tarentaise thread

Title changed
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@nbt, Very Happy
ski holidays
Just checking for lift passes and noticed that Season Passes are now available on the Sainte Foy website with a 20% discount (544 euro) if anyone is interested.
ski holidays
Yes only three days left .
snow report
Decided to make the most of the £100pp discount special offer with Crystal and have now booked for January 2025. Difficult decision, but literally at the end of the day Sainte Foy won (11-55pm and the offer ended at midnight).

Can't wait and still have the option to visit before xmas as well but will probably wait to see how conditions are looking at the end of November.

If anyone can recommend any restaurants/bars then would love to hear from you.

Thanks.
latest report
Maison d'Colonnes, 1850 micro brewery and Restaurant. Le Monal, in the village, Chez Marie at Le Mirror. Bought my season ticket for a month in January.
ski holidays
@Fogliettaz, Whole of Jan , well I’m sure I’ll see you for a beer then
ski holidays
I'm a grandad and pensioner now so I have the time and I get the "Age d'Or" pass. I hope we will have more than "a" beer Rob! We are in a Chalet right behind you!
ski holidays
@Fogliettaz,
Many thanks as those places look amazing...seems we're definitely in for some good times !!!
snow conditions
1850 and their ribs Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I did forget lunch spots, whilst The Marquis is good, my favourite for the last 25 years is The Brevettes, omelettes, ravioli or plat de jour, why change the menu when these dishes are so good.
ski holidays
@Fogliettaz, looking forward to it bringing the lovely Liz ?
latest report
We are coming together, the children can now pay for themselves!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy