Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria resort advice needed please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Another +1 for Zell

My sister lives there (so I am biased) but I'm about to take my 78yr old (ex terrified skier that never progressed beyond the nursery slopes) mum for a trip . . .Zell is a 'working' town so has a lot more going on in general as well as the typical Austrian alps hospitality; flights to Salzburg are plentiful and the 260 Bus to Postplatz 50yds from the airport exit is a mere 15 euros each way!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Belch, thanks, all sounds very convenient.
Found a hotel, Seevilla Frieberg right on the lake which looks good, trip advisor reports that zell is rather pricey in resort, is this more so than other Austrian resorts?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not more than any of the other 'typical' Austrian resorts IME . . .lift pass prices have gone up but then they have everywhere in Austria - would say Obergurgl is def more expensive with the larger hotels being prominent etc but you can do Zell on a budget if you book cheap accom / flights / do the 260 Bus transfer etc. Beers and general mountain grub are also still cheaper than the majority of the big french resorts; lots of supermarkets if you want to self cater . . .
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Belch, That sounds reassuring, never really know what to believe on trip advisor, thanks again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowlover66 wrote:
@Belch, thanks, all sounds very convenient.
Found a hotel, Seevilla Frieberg right on the lake which looks good, trip advisor reports that zell is rather pricey in resort, is this more so than other Austrian resorts?

Not really expensive no. Coffee shops etc which are no more than you’d pay in the U.K. As with most of Austria prices up the mountain are very reasonable. If the U.K. did skiing on the same sort of scale no way would food and drink be as cheap.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Gastrin area, I reckon is spot on for you
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MontyMM, I’ll look into that as well, would that be bad gastein or hofgastein?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Snowlover66, the spa in Bad Gastein is worth going for and you can watch skiers at a distance from it so I would make sure you look that up in your research. Easy train to Zell and Salzburg. I’d say Salzburg is a better day visit than Innsbruck.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy