Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

STROLZ Boots Owners! Speak up!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@CEM, thank you very much.
I've spoken to several people over the years and this is the most comprehensive response I've ever gotten.
I will follow your suggestion and I will contact one of the two bootfitters you recommend.
Thank you very much for this fruitful chat.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Misugi14 wrote:
@CEM, thank you very much.
I've spoken to several people over the years and this is the most comprehensive response I've ever gotten.
I will follow your suggestion and I will contact one of the two bootfitters you recommend.
Thank you very much for this fruitful chat.

no problem at all, the issue you are suffering (in terms of geting boots sorted) is pretty common, "many" not all resort shops are keen to get you in a boot and out the door hoping never to see you again, a boot fitter on the other hand wants to get you comfortable
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Misugi14, I have had Strolz boots since my racing days. I still use them and my current pair are 9 years old. I bought them at the Strolz store in Lech after an injury left me with some ankle bone growth. Since I started skiing 62 years ago I've gone through at least 30 boots of all brands from Koflach leathers to Scott freestyles to Hanson Exhibition to all the well known brands, finally settling on Strolz: for me the best mix of comfort and performance. There are lots of alternative solutions to a good fit, but for me why fix what ain't busted.

You asked if it made sense for you to travel from Italy to Lech to have your boots fitted 'at the source'. As a Villach resident I did just that, combining it with a holiday to check them out and work out any bugs while there. As so many contributors here have added their valuable experience and advice, I too have nothing but glowing words to say about Strolz. In my opinion there is only one draw back and that's the financial outlay. So it may be possible to get the 'perfect' fit other ways but after 9 years of skiing 30-40 times a year on expert terrain my boots have only had new rubber heel protectors put on at no cost 5 years ago. They do show outwardly their age, save for scuff marks and the Strolz name all but worn off, but they are built like the proverbial ***thouse. The liner is only slightly softer than it was in 2014 but ski control has not suffered. I never use foot rests on chairlifts nor do I loosen the boots throughout the day. I put them on, buckle them at the top of the hill and forget them. I do go up one notch on the buckles when I put on my 188 v.werks and cruise the empty early morning runs, otherwise a heavenly snug comfortable fit. They are 'heavy' and I suppose it slows my edge to edge speed down by maybe a quarter of a second, but the all round solid performance factor far outweighs a half pound. And when cold they can be hard to get on, but I always keep them warm before skiing.

'Grandma' Strolz was still alive at that time and made her daily rounds through the store to be sure customers were happy and to sign autographs. Many racers had Strolz liners put in their shells, Bode Miller for example.

I'm vacationing in the region next season (24/25) and will stop by the store in either Lech or Zürs and see if it makes sense to upgrade or just change the liner. The whole experience of getting fitted for Strolz boots often becomes the topic in apres ski bars, ranging from the witty characters who expertly fit you, to the outright torture of a high performance fit, to the schnapps that flow when the pain exceeds your threshhold... something I'll never forget.

I know what people say about the smallish buckles but it's no problem for me with my thin gloves.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SchneeMonster thank you for your reply!
I followed CEM's suggestion and I went to the "Fede Bootfitting" shop in Riscone di Brunico (Italy), about a couple of hours' drive from my home.
In the morning by appointment, he took all the measurements on my ugly feet. In the afternoon I went back to get the new Head boots, appropriately modified, and I'm finally skiing without pain in my feet. It's still early for a definitive opinion because here in the Dolomites, where I live, it snowed little and I only managed to go skiing a couple of times. I wanted to wait until the end of the winter season when I will certainly have exceeded 15-20 ski runs to give a definitive verdict, in any case in these first two ski runs which lasted more than 8 hours, I had no problems. It's a great feeling because I can finally focus on skiing and not on the pain in my feet! Therefore, in addition to recommending the very kind bootfitter Fede to everyone, for those who have problems similar to those I described in previous posts, a Strolz boot is not necessary but a good bootfitter is sufficient.

CEM wrote:

no problem at all, the issue you are suffering (in terms of geting boots sorted) is pretty common, "many" not all resort shops are keen to get you in a boot and out the door hoping never to see you again, a boot fitter on the other hand wants to get you comfortable

@CEM, if you are still reading this topic, thank you again for your help!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy