Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sixt Car Hire - take care

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@ado, Not sure why it should be terrifying? You will end up driving on the "wrong" side of the road though (blame Napoleon). Collecting a hire car at the airport is pretty easy though there can be long queues at the desks at peak times (some of the companies now have on line check ins and automatic key collection). You are correct about Sixt, you need to take their basic protection to avoid being liable for the entire value of the vehicle. When I hired a vehicle in the summer there was an option to reduce any excess to zero which was not crazy expensive, depending on the rental length it might be worth choosing that rather than excess insurance. As noted above I have never had any issues with Sixt in nearly 25 years of renting cars from them but you can have issues with any of the hire companies.

For returning the vehicle there is a petrol station on the approach road to the airport, it is signposted but not so easy to find though it is clearly visible from the road, you need to go past and then take the exit, cross the road and turn back on yourself. There are cheaper places but involve faff if you are not familiar with the area. The return area is shared between all the major companies and you simply park where directed, leave the keys in the car and walk off. If you want a receipt etc you will have to wait to get a print out from one of the staff and then take that to a small office.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@munich_irish, it's terrifying because hire companies are now set up on the basis to absolutely rinse you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@SnoodyMcFlude, Not sure that is true anymore than for any other service. I can see if this is not something you are familiar with it can be stressful. No doubt there is a lot of clever marketing to make the up front cost seem as low as possible while there are lots of "add ons" to push the real price higher but cant see it is any worse than Ryanair and their ilk. All my dealings with Sixt and the other major car hire companies has been perfectly reasonable and I have had a number of damaged cars & speeding tickets etc over the years. I can see the no CDW thing with Sixt can be a potential big issue for the unwary, the car we had in the summer was worth €80k, a very big liability if it had got stolen or written off.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@munich_irish, Ryanair don't sting you for a repairs bill if someone on the previous flight scratched the door and you didn't notice when boarding the plane.

I also think Ryanair are better at being clear about what is and isn't included, whereas car rental insurance seems more a case of BBB.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
An interesting read, I think I’ve got lucky in the past, but unknowingly I now realise I’ve take a chance and have been underinsured . now I know more I’ll look out for it Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowdave, TBF it's a long time since I rented except when visiting the UK, which does work like I said, or a van on a couple of times here in CH, so I'm happy to stand corrected.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy