Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who's doing the madness run this weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
I'll be waving to all those travelling north next weekend when we're travelling south, the thought of driving down in all the half-term mayhem especially if driving into the funnel that is Tarentaise/ Savoie this weekend is one that does not excite me at all........... drive safely and have fun, save some snow for us who are looking forward to being there the weeks afterwards! No doubt I'll be seeing plenty of Dutch folks on the German autobahns next weekend though.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Griggs - shall we start that thread early then ? - 27/03 - 17.50 tunnel, stopping overnight Vitry, early start and hopefully Super U in BSM late lunch time, then on up to LA 1950
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are just arriving in Chambery. No holds up at all including tunnel. Smug? You betcha Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tunnel seems ok at moment but 30 min delay now showing
The train we were on the ramp for appeared to break so chaos may ensue
No perceptible difference re passports
GLA
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mikeh - flying direct from Gatwick to Chambery on the 29th March for a week in Avoriaz. Not even driving !! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@bagginsmum, that's great. Travelling early for half term is so well worth it. My niece and family should be arriving at my place later today - all ready for a quiet Saturday ski tomorrow. Have a great week. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks. Kids are moaning that we aren't skiing today!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All pretty smooth so far. M25 used up some of my contingency but arrived with 20 minutes in the bag at Ashford. Roads to Reims quiet, topped up at eclerc (€1.149/litre) and motored on to Dole. Passed the Dijon turn by 1600GMT and in hotel by 1630. About to grab early dinner and make an early start tomorrow to get past GVA by 0730. Fingers crossed.....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Three hours to get out of London from near Earls Court to the M20. Traffic traffic everywhere. Oh well. Flexiplus got us on the next available crossing, now about to leave Happy. Will drive the night through, stopping if we get tired, hoping to get some ski time tomorrow!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm told the traffic to the Tarantaise is horrendous at the moment
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Easy run to the tunnel. Thank goodness for flexiplus as straight to the train. Bro In Law is at least 90 mins behind us after arriving At the same time.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never seen so many Chelsea tractors on the road. Just hope they have the winters on and can actually drive the thing. But then again ...........
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Absolute grid lock around Munich this evening. I'm leaving my place at 05:30 tomorrow morning to cover the 134kms to Flachau. If I'm early fine, but this weekend last year it took me nearly 3.5 hours to do what normally takes 70 to90 minutes max.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Central line very slow tonight. Got swabbed Buckhurst Hill Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red 27 wrote:
Central line very slow tonight. Got swabbed Buckhurst Hill Sad

Sounds painful 😄
latest report
Well, slept two hours some 140km north of Lyon, now heading out again, breakfast in Chamrousse! Happy
latest report
Arrived at Intermarche Domancy / LaFayet to grab some shopping, should be in Les C by 09:15 Cool

Heavy rain on the autoroute past Geneva, temperature hovering around 1°C.

@Jerby,As for Chelsea tractors, this one tows a livestock trailer and usually has mud tyres fitted, but on this occasion has the winters on. Don't assume that every time you see a Discovery that it's not used as it's intended rolling eyes
snow conditions
@NoDosh, nice name for a tractor owner
snow conditions
I spend it all on cars.... We did once take a couple of lambs to the abattoir in the back of the disco but as a rule we use a trailer....
snow report
better than spending it all farming then. enjoy the sking
latest report
Was in resort at 9am, now resting a bit and going to get an afternoons skiing in. The wintracs were *superb* -- most other cars had chains, many cars were stopped on the road to put chains on after they tried and failed to go up without (there was 5cm of fresh snow and it was still falling), but my car on the the wintracs didn't miss a beat. Was superb!
snow report
Cool
latest report
Not quite what I had intended for my first post but the A40 heading towards Geneva is currently closed!

Big queues stretching back quite a way
snow conditions
@RTB, oh dear; can only imagine what sort of chaos that will cause. Do you know why? They usually tell you every few minutes on 107.7 FM and will also tell you about when it will re-open. I was in a closure of the A26 heading to Calais on Tuesday - closed because of an accident, lots of blue lights up the hard shoulder. I think they started diverting people off very quickly because after 40 minutes the tailback was only 1.5km. Is the other carriageway open?
latest report
It was a bit weird on the A40 near Nantes as about five minutes after I posted, the traffic cleared and was 130km all the way through to Annemasse and even the Geneva tolls were quiet

The traffic down from Reims today has been pretty good apart from a section near Troyes. That is, apart from Brit in large Audis who seem to have overtaken the Belgians in driving up your bumper....
ski holidays
Quote:

the A40 near Nantes

Puzzled Nantua?

Glad to hear that. Sorry about the Audis. Tools.
snow report
NoDosh wrote:
Arrived at Intermarche Domancy / LaFayet to grab some shopping, should be in Les C by 09:15 Cool

Heavy rain on the autoroute past Geneva, temperature hovering around 1°C.

@Jerby,As for Chelsea tractors, this one tows a livestock trailer and usually has mud tyres fitted, but on this occasion has the winters on. Don't assume that every time you see a Discovery that it's not used as it's intended rolling eyes

@NoDosh: That is music to my ears.
snow report
Well what a great run from Calais to Lyon. And, what I shame we couldn't end the report there. We've taken six hours from Lyon to arcs 1950. Anyway, who cares it's snowing and I've got a cold beer. Enjoy your week's everyone!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

We've taken six hours from Lyon to arcs 1950.

not surprised, but at least you're there! Have a great week. I imagine most resorts have just about everything open, which will help spread the crowds. snowHead
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

the A40 near Nantes

Puzzled Nantua?

Glad to hear that. Sorry about the Audis. Tools.

Oops! Autocorrect on the phone wins again. Yes it was Nantua- there seemed to be a lot of French cars making a detour at that point
latest report
Yup. The roads were horrible today. It took 8 hours from Dijon to Meribel, much of it barely moving at all.

still waiting for the cold beer as one of our party has decided to go back down the hill to Moutiers to go the Carrefour.
latest report
@olderscot, I think I'd have given up by now and walked to the Sherpa.
snow report
Quote:

It took 8 hours from Dijon to Meribel, much of it barely moving at all.

If you can't get up the road really early it's best to make a much more leisurely journey, maybe a nice long lunch, then arrive later in the evening. And I'd have definitely walked to the Sherpa.
latest report
Nice not to have to make the half term road trip.

It must be the only perk of moving from teaching into management - this is the second year I've avoided the half term chaos enroute to Austria.

We're off to the SkiWelt next Saturday, civilised Austrian Airlines flight and transfers - be having a beer in Soll this time next week 😃🍺🍻
snow conditions
We did it Friday, arrived in Bourg Saint Maurice at 3am but so worth it for today with an empty Les Arcs full of lovely snow.
ski holidays
Well our smugness at arriving in time for a morning skiing didn't last long. Spent the afternoon in the medical centre in St Gervais - Mrs Dosh has torn her ACL. Crying or Very sad
latest report
@NoDosh, Sad
snow report
Tis a bit of a bummer.
snow conditions
@NoDosh, oh no! That's miserable. Sad
ski holidays
She's in good spirits, although man of the match has to go to Little Miss Dosh, who was an absolute trooper ferrying our kit to the car from where we were at the Gorge TC in Les C sorting out paperwork with the ambulance and securiste.

Suddenly the first-floor apartment doesn't seem so good, although at least we're smack bang in the middle of town.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy