Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2023/24 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc

Poster: A snowHead
Layne wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
Layne wrote:
@Roscoe, yeah, it's fun to do and a nice bit of travelling.

Having a look at the piste map, its all a bit of a confusing. What is the best route down and then back up?

VT to St M:

PIONNIERS or PLEIN SUD lift out of VT
3 VALLEES lift
Mont de la Chambre blue piste there are some red alternatives just make sure you follow any signs to...
MONT DE LA CHAMBRE lift
D Douillet red then blue piste down to...
BECCA lift
Boulevard de la Becca > Grand lac > Pelozet > Biolley all blue pistes down to St M

St M to VT:
ST MARTIN 1 > ST MARTIN EXPRESS lifts out of St M
Gros Tougne blue piste to...
GRANGES lift
Allamands red piste and Petit creux blue piste to...
MONT DE LA CHAMBRE lift
Follow signs to VT via Pluviometre or Chardons pistes

Thank you so much!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Layne wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
Layne wrote:
@Roscoe, yeah, it's fun to do and a nice bit of travelling.

Having a look at the piste map, its all a bit of a confusing. What is the best route down and then back up?

VT to St M:

PIONNIERS or PLEIN SUD lift out of VT
3 VALLEES lift
Mont de la Chambre blue piste there are some red alternatives just make sure you follow any signs to...
MONT DE LA CHAMBRE lift
D Douillet red then blue piste down to...
BECCA lift
Boulevard de la Becca > Grand lac > Pelozet > Biolley all blue pistes down to St M

Puzzled
No offence... but that could be confusing to a 3Vs newbie...
If you follow Mont De La Chambre Blue piste to Mt De La Chambre chair, you don't get to David Douillet red, or Becca chair.

For straightforward directions I'd suggest Mt De La Chambre blue piste, then follow signs all the way to Roc 1 at Les Menuires village. Roc 1 gondola from there, then Roc 2 chair - and the blue piste below Granges chair, direct to St Martin.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not a bad forecast in Val Thorens, following the 30cm we've already had today. It looks like it could be an epic weekend! Very Happy

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arriving Saturday. Can’t wait Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bergmeister wrote:
If you follow Mont De La Chambre Blue piste to Mt De La Chambre chair, you don't get to David Douillet red, or Becca chair.

You do if you go up the MdlC chair do you not?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
An article on Les Men, which is has turned 60

https://archive.ph/hhOiE
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kitenski, Totally free.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Roscoe, I would suggest that the quickest and easiest, but not the most interesting, way is VT > Blvd Cummins > Reberty > Sunny Express > Becca > Bld de la Becca then as above.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Roscoe, @Layne, from the top of 3 Vallees I think you can ski directly on to David Douillet, then to either Becca or Roc2 lift. No need to use Mont de la Chambre lift at all on the way to St Martin.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ecureuil, actually, I think you are indeed correct
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not too shabby yesterday, with a slight delay for higher lifts to open, and a sea of clouds in the valleys which was stunning while you were above it, but (funnily enough) very cloudy when you were below, with visibility down to 1 piste pole at times...!

Not quite full epic powder day, as the cloud had put a weird 'humidity micro crust' on the snow in places, and obviously Thursday's mild temps made for a heavier 'underbelly' to the cold soft snow on top, but pretty damn good really !

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great pictures!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anybody got info on best start from Cheval Blanc apartments in Val Thorens. Intermediate skiers. Have stayed in Meribel and Courcheval in the past but only skied down once into Val Thorens. Based there this holiday. 24th Feb.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowmam wrote:
Anybody got info on best start from Cheval Blanc apartments in Val Thorens. Intermediate skiers. Have stayed in Meribel and Courcheval in the past but only skied down once into Val Thorens. Based there this holiday. 24th Feb.

Sorry - not sure what the question is … what do you mean by best start?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Best lift to take to start the day. Best run I guess I’m asking that can be accessed from there. @franga,
latest report
snowmam wrote:
Best lift to take to start the day. Best run I guess I’m asking that can be accessed from there. @franga,

You can ski to any one of about 12 ski lifts, in Val Thorens and Les Menuires, from there. Very Happy Take your pick! There isnt a bad one.

p.s. It's CourchevEl wink
snow report
Still some good off piste to be had in Val Thorens and Les Menuires over the past 2 days Very Happy .

ski holidays
@Bergmeister, Mercy beaucup Eh oh!
ski holidays
snowmam wrote:

Peclet is best bang for buck IMO, then start aiming for Portette, followed by Grand Fond and then Cime de Caron. Fewest lifts, longest decents.
snow report
Would anyone happen to know what time the last bus is from Gare Moutiers going up to Val Thorens on a Saturday? The latest I can see online is 1930 via Altibus and our train arrives in at 1940ish?

Follow on question Very Happy we helpfully have a friend driving up much later in the evening, any recommendations for whiling a away a few hours with bags for food/drinks in Moutiers is also appreciated.
latest report
At the station there’s a nice place we’ve used for breakfast. But you can store bags and chill. It’s called Les 3 valles.
It’s not gourmet or fancy but deffo the easiest.

Bus is great but depends where you are actually staying.

I’d wait for my friend
latest report
@jack.am, Thank you.
snow report
Sunny most of yesterday then at 3pm started snowing below 1850m, we got to the top of vizelle in a full on whiteout with strong winds!

The resort had people at the top of Saulière making sure people went the right way home which was pretty impressive to have them standing there in a storm!!

Sadly the snow turned to rain as we approached Meribel centre and was still raining hard at 1450m at 1030pm. Edit to add can see fresh snow in the trees just above 1450m this morning.

But looks glorious today and off to find some fresh snow with @offpisteskiing,
snow report
kitenski wrote:
Sunny most of yesterday then at 3pm started snowing below 1850m, we got to the top of vizelle in a full on whiteout with strong winds!

The resort had people at the top of Saulière making sure people went the right way home which was pretty impressive to have them standing there in a storm!!

Sadly the snow turned to rain as we approached Meribel centre and was still raining hard at 1450m at 1030pm. Edit to add can see fresh snow in the trees just above 1450m this morning.

But looks glorious today and off to find some fresh snow with @offpisteskiing,

That indeed is impressive. It’s so easy to miss the turn for Biche in a whiteout - you’d then end up on one of the nasty reds down to Mottaret … not exactly confidence building if you’re a beginner / early intermediate.
latest report
Quick question re 3 Valleys lift pass. If I buy a 1 day pass, can I top it up / recharge it online, to add an extra day as and when I want to ? - or do I need to visit a lift office and buy a new 1 day pass each time ?

Sorry if posted in the wrong thread - I did search around but couldn't see any other 3 Valleys specific threads.

Thanks.
ski holidays
Thanks @kittenski, heading out on Saturday - looks like it’s going to be a warm weekend…
snow report
It’s beautiful out here today!! Was a bit worried as it rained in Les Menuires last night and I was worried about the ice. But tbh just skied across and down to La Tania and not bad at all. The slightly higher slopes are perfect, bit icy coming into meribel but expected as those runs are. The le Tania run was fast and icy but no lumps or bumps so a really nice run.

I’m being overly cautious due to a dodgy knee and sticking to blues and it’s great.

Also liking that new app Skiif it gives to steps to get from one place to another avoiding blacks. Worth downloading.
ski holidays
piddi wrote:
Quick question re 3 Valleys lift pass. If I buy a 1 day pass, can I top it up / recharge it online, to add an extra day as and when I want to ? - or do I need to visit a lift office and buy a new 1 day pass each time ?

Sorry if posted in the wrong thread - I did search around but couldn't see any other 3 Valleys specific threads.

If you have a card it should always be rechargeable on line.

But it will probably be more expensive to buy one day at a time - depending of course on what your plan is....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Lucywuk, great tip about that app, will definitely have a look at that!
ski holidays
@Layne, thanks very much for the info. I've a problem with my foot and not sure how many days skiing I will manage in the week. I don't want to buy a 6 day pass and find I can only manage a couple of days skiing.
ski holidays
piddi wrote:
@Layne, thanks very much for the info. I've a problem with my foot and not sure how many days skiing I will manage in the week. I don't want to buy a 6 day pass and find I can only manage a couple of days skiing.

Depends which valley you are in. You can buy a pass for the valley. If that makes it cheaper too
ski holidays
Superb morning yesterday with Simon from https://offpisteskiing.com/

Interesting how the snow changed depending on the aspect and height, a thin crust on some aspects and dry and fluffy on others!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 24-01-24 8:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Lucywuk wrote:
It’s beautiful out here today!! Was a bit worried as it rained in Les Menuires last night and I was worried about the ice. But tbh just skied across and down to La Tania and not bad at all. The slightly higher slopes are perfect, bit icy coming into meribel but expected as those runs are. The le Tania run was fast and icy but no lumps or bumps so a really nice run.

I’m being overly cautious due to a dodgy knee and sticking to blues and it’s great.

Also liking that new app Skiif it gives to steps to get from one place to another avoiding blacks. Worth downloading.

I thought the blue into La Tania was blooming awful having just done the blue into Meribel that is just below Roc de Fer. I am no lover of skiing on ice!
latest report
@kitenski

Ha, you beat me to it by 5 minutes... Here's a couple more piccies anyway...

snow report
Where is this gully and how do you get to it ? or is that top secret business.....
ski holidays
@piddie The prices are the same per day for the first 4 days so you only get a reduction for a 5 or 6 day 3V pass. 5 days saves 20 euros compared with 5 single days. 6 day pass is the same cost as 5 single days.
If you are with others there are reductions for buying 2 or 3 passes together. Look at the price pages on the web.
snow report
@piddle All the price info is here https://www.les3vallees.com/en/skipass
snow report
Coming to Les Menuires (Les Bruyures) on Saturday for first family trip - 6 year old in ski school and early inexperienced adults having a few private lessons.

As it is looking like double digit figs and no new snow, how do we think the pistes should hold up? A little concerned my kids lessons may be on ice/slush most of the time! We will be able to go higher so hoping not too bad up Masse or de La Chambre.

At least he is not going to be cold and miserable.....maybe just too hot and sweaty Smile
snow conditions
@km0193, wouldn't sweat it, the instructors will now the best slopes to hit.

As it happens when my son had his first trip (aged 4), it was in Les Men and it was warm - he loved the slush. So I wouldn't panic on that score either.
latest report
km0193 wrote:
Coming to Les Menuires (Les Bruyures) on Saturday for first family trip - 6 year old in ski school and early inexperienced adults having a few private lessons.

As it is looking like double digit figs and no new snow, how do we think the pistes should hold up? A little concerned my kids lessons may be on ice/slush most of the time! We will be able to go higher so hoping not too bad up Masse or de La Chambre.

At least he is not going to be cold and miserable.....maybe just too hot and sweaty Smile

Don't worry - a soft layer of snow is good for learning and very forgiving. I presume his lessons are in the AM - at this time of year the sun is not particularly strong, he'll be absolutley fine.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy