Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2021/2022 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Mjit wrote:
Deals tend to be for buying early, before the season starts, usually 10%-15%.

Ok thanks. So €1k will likely to be the best price? I may as well just get them when in resort.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Roscoe, worth checking that it's the same price at the ticket window as it is online. Sometimes a bit more to buy in person than online.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Roscoe, Flash sales available if you buy passes day by day. E.g. https://en.chatel.com/flash-sales.html Same in some of the other villages I think. We often do this if it is outside peak season.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DJL, Ok so would this be online only or at the ticket offices?? We're there for the week so ideally we'd just get the PDS for the full week and go where ever we wanted when we fancied it. But this method would mean buying a lift pass on a daily basis??
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Has anyone been down Le Corbeau into Morgins recently? Enough snow to ski or is it download on the chair?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Roscoe, yes, buy daily. Fairly straightforward once you set up an account. Not available at the ticket window I don’t think. Where are you staying? You might not need the PDS every day. If you don’t ski first-last lift the 5 Hour pass might make sense as well (Heresy!)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowfraise, I was in Morgins on Saturday - take wellies or the chair.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DJL wrote:
@Roscoe, yes, buy daily. Fairly straightforward once you set up an account. Not available at the ticket window I don’t think. Where are you staying? You might not need the PDS every day. If you don’t ski first-last lift the 5 Hour pass might make sense as well (Heresy!)

Staying in Morzine, very close to the Super Morzine lift. Hence wanting the full PDS pass as will be heading up both sides of the Valley on different days.

We are first-last lifters, as we try to make the most of the day, so the 5 hour option might not work.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Roscoe, If Morzine are offering a PDS flash sale you might be able to buy those for Tues/Thurs. If you plan to be up the Super Morzine side mostly you probably won't save much (if any) compared to 6 day PDS. If you do a few days Morzine/Les Gets side and a day in St Jean d'Aulps you might save a bit.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roscoe wrote:
Mjit wrote:

Ok thanks. So €1k will likely to be the best price? I may as well just get them when in resort.

Standard prices here https://en.morzine-avoriaz.com/skipass-morzine-avoriaz.html Standard adult 6 days PDS 295 euros
Online booking here https://www.ski-morzine.com/ Standard adult 6 days PDS 278 euros
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DJL, Thanks! I think the PDS pass for the full week would be our best bet.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Junior did Pointe d’ Angolon this morning, down into the Vallee de la Manche. Reports only a couple of tracks and deep snow.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timc wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
Mjit wrote:

Standard prices here https://en.morzine-avoriaz.com/skipass-morzine-avoriaz.html Standard adult 6 days PDS 295 euros
Online booking here https://www.ski-morzine.com/ Standard adult 6 days PDS 278 euros

I get an additional discount with a group booking. So for 4 passes, its €250 each for a 6 day PDS pass.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roscoe wrote:
Timc wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
Mjit wrote:

I get an additional discount with a group booking. So for 4 passes, its €250 each for a 6 day PDS pass.

That looks like the best online price available. Expect to have to pay an extra 3 euros each for the rechargeable card.

Set up the online account and you will be able to recharge the passes online for further trips to the PDS.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
After some beautiful sunny days in the PDS, it’s snowing here this morning. There are a couple of patches that could do with it, mostly due to the amazing sunshine, but it has been the most beautiful week.
Plain Dranse has been perfect and Mont Chery the best I can recall.
There are quite a few big groups here this week, so next will be quite the contrast for half term.
snow report
snowfraise wrote:
After some beautiful sunny days in the PDS, it’s snowing here this morning. There are a couple of patches that could do with it, mostly due to the amazing sunshine, but it has been the most beautiful week.
Plain Dranse has been perfect and Mont Chery the best I can recall.
There are quite a few big groups here this week, so next will be quite the contrast for half term.

Had our first day today, tool my daughter up the Pleney and was teaching her on the blues there . Headed over
to Perrieres and the Rainfolly bowl area , great conditions when the visibility cleared but doesn’t seem they’ve been pisted
for a few days which was a shame , more so later in day when everything softened . Wanted to head over to MC but was a bit
pushed for time. Much busier now like you say.
latest report
@WindOfChange, thanks - we avoided Le Corbeau all week but couldn't resist skiing over today to see if the new snow had opened it. Sadly not, so we headed back the way we came. Glorious above Chatel this afternoon. Must have been nearly a foot of fresh stuff to play in and not many people about.

@andolini, It was fine across there yesterday. If the Chatel side is anything to go by, there was so much snow on the groomed piste, it became pretty cut up on steep places v early on. I suspect it will be pristine tomorrow snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
I've ordered our lift passes online to be posted to me in the UK.

Anyone know when they usually send them? We're heading there in 2 weeks.
snow report
Does anyone know of any pre-bookable ski lockers in Morzine. Really struggling to find any.
ski holidays
winterstickboarder wrote:
Does anyone know of any pre-bookable ski lockers in Morzine. Really struggling to find any.

Que?
snow report
There are ski lockers at the Pleny Gondola - not sure if they are prebookable though

https://www.ski-morzine.com/en/Services1/consignes-a-ski
snow report
It's good out there today.
Fresh overnight snow, and now the clouds have parted and the sun is out.
ski holidays
Looks like the forecast for the next few week looks very promising for the PDS area.

Though rain in town but heavy snow on the mountains. Assume this will affect the runs home?
latest report
Roscoe wrote:
Assume this will affect the runs home?

Many Home runs are sketchy at the best of times: Nyon, Pleney, Crot, Mt Chery, Chatel Town, Ardent, Linga, Le Corbeau, Gd Paradis.
Although others seem to hold up better despite being similar atlitude : PLJ, LA Foillleuse, St Jean Station, Les Crosets etc...
This is actually a benefit of La Chapelle or Super Morzine, where you take the bubble down at the end of the day anyhow, so you're not tempted to battle down through goodness knows what.
snow report
Tomorrow will be grim everywhere, snowline might get close to 2000m, but following week looks better....sat 19th and mon 21st currently forecasting a 1000m snowline

Went up to Avoriaz this afternoon for a change, no queues anywhere around Arare, Fornet, Grands Combes, except for the usual le Tour exit

On the way to Grand Combes

Fornet was nice, even late afternoon

Pistes were more challenging than off piste due to moguls, and the viz up at Arare was terrible at times.....but the breaks were worth it
latest report
[quote="polo"]Tomorrow will be grim everywhere, snowline might get close to 2000m, but following week looks better....sat 19th and mon 21st currently forecasting a 1000m snowline

Went up to Avoriaz this afternoon for a change, no queues anywhere around Arare, Fornet, Grands Combes, except for the usual le Tour exit

Is that first lift in the pic? That queue looks huge!
ski holidays
Yep that's the Tour lift that takes you out of the the bottom end of Avoriaz village to up to the top. Always been a bottle neck as from the top you can transit back towards Super Morzine or drop into Lindarets. I've seen it with a bigger queue......
snow report
charliesimpson wrote:
Yep that's the Tour lift that takes you out of the the bottom end of Avoriaz village to up to the top. Always been a bottle neck as from the top you can transit back towards Super Morzine or drop into Lindarets. I've seen it with a bigger queue......

Shocked

After a quick study of the piste map, lucky I'll be coming from the Super Morzine direction so should avoid this lift most of the time.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
think they are having some mechanical issues too....it wasn't that bad the other 2 times I passed it, and as mentioned the rest of the area had no queues whatsoever

anyway, was discussed a few pages back.... it's easy enough to avoid
snow conditions
Mjit wrote:

Do you have an idea round about when next seasons passes become available? We are going out for New Year so about as early as you can get, might as well make use of that discount while I pray for snow Laughing
latest report
shep wrote:
doddsie wrote:
According to my son the VDM was good today, he did it about 11:30am having hit all the usual spots around Chaux Fleurie / Rochassons.

Right there might be my favourite place on the planet snowHead

@shep @doddsie Is that on the Fornet ridge?
snow report
Roscoe wrote:

Shocked

After a quick study of the piste map, lucky I'll be coming from the Super Morzine direction so should avoid this lift most of the time.

It's often pretty bad as this, maybe a bit better during non holiday times, but even mid Jan it's busy. If you're heading back to Morzine, you can miss it, but if you come down from the Fornet area, chances are you'll need it, unless you take Arare or lac-intrets, which mean you could then head down to Morzine via the run down to Prodains, or ski back down to the Plateau lift, then down to Super Morzine. By the time you take Arare/Lac-intrets, and skied to Plateau, you may as well have queued for Tour.

It's a bit of a bottle neck unfortunately, but probably the worst one in the area.
snow conditions
swskier wrote:
Roscoe wrote:

Shocked

It's often pretty bad as this, maybe a bit better during non holiday times, but even mid Jan it's busy. If you're heading back to Morzine, you can miss it, but if you come down from the Fornet area, chances are you'll need it, unless you take Arare or lac-intrets, which mean you could then head down to Morzine via the run down to Prodains, or ski back down to the Plateau lift, then down to Super Morzine. By the time you take Arare/Lac-intrets, and skied to Plateau, you may as well have queued for Tour.

It's a bit of a bottle neck unfortunately, but probably the worst one in the area.

Thanks for the advice! Will be good to know.
latest report
Roscoe wrote:
swskier wrote:
Roscoe wrote:

Shocked

Thanks for the advice! Will be good to know.

If you are in the Fornet bowl take the chair to the top of the Wall (or the drag lift next to it), come down to Cubore lift, over the ridge to Lindarets, ski down to the lifts going to the ridge to above Avoriaz (from Brochaux or near the Ardent gondola) and head down to Super Morzine. Avoids Tour chair queue!
snow conditions
@DJL, Thanks to the route tip
latest report
@Roscoe, Cubore can be mogully but is not super steep and its better than queueing!
ski holidays
@charliesimpson,

Yes, it is.
snow report
Very wet in Morzine yesterday so left it till noon before we went up. V low cloud, but the slopes were empty around Plain Dranse.
I can hear them blasting this morning.
snow report
Up in Col Du Graydon this afternoon.
Snow heavy but fine for boarding.
latest report
Skiing in Morzine on Mar 17th for 3 1/2 days. In general is it worth getting the PdS pass or only really worth it if snow conditions in Morz/LG is bad?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy