Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Oh knee trouble is not good! I know all about that being down to one quarter cartilage in both mine! Still ok to ski though, which is the main thing! Hope yours is better now and holdsup for the coming season Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carolyn, both totally fooked up Shocked I've rehabbed hard and wear braces on both legs and will continue to ski for as long as I can and then some! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You go girl!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Carolyn, looks like you've had a fair bit of snow the past week or so. What's the mood in the village? Do you think the resort will open on schedule?

Cheer Pete
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carolyn, looks like you've had even more snow and some web sites are saying that there's a lift open all ready! Hopefully there's enough for me to stop worrying about a snowless New Year (like we had last year in Bulgaria)!

Whilst I'm writing do you have any recommendations for equipment hire? We're staying at the Hotel Austria so will probably get our kit from there if you confirm that it's alright.

Cheers, Pete
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,
Sorry to be slow in my replies but have not been near my computer for ages, what with all this snow to play with!! Yes we opened on time last friday and there is plenty snow. There are new cannons all over the Lanerkopfl including the schuss back to the gondola area so all should be perfect. We have some guests in the village but the slopes are fairly quiet which is fabulous as there are no queues at all but the athmosphere is as happy as ever! I think the Austria's hire equipment is as good as anywhere - I tend to go for Margreiter as it is even more handy for the slopes!

Cheers for now, Carolyn
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PeteMan, we were back in Niederau for a few days last March and although we have all our own kit we did have a full service for our skis. I think it was the Blackfelder shop that is on the corner of the Gasthof Brunner building opposite the Hotel Austria - I can't recall whether that is where the Austria shop has moved to or if it is something separate (Carolyn??) - but it was quite the best ski service my skis have ever had and if it wasn't quite such a long drive I would take them back there.

Hope you have a good trip PeteMan,
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all for the advice. Good to see that it's snowed overnight in Niederau.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, Still lovely conditions here in Niederau, and yes, the hotel Austria has taken the little shop on the Brunner building for ski rental and service in winter and mountain biking in summer, leaving more space for clothes etc in the main shop! Enjoy the snow, Carolyn
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roll on the 15th Jan, back in Niederau for 7 nights Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, We are having a mild spell this week so just as well that we had so much snow earlier on. Still pleanty and yesterday was glorious sunshine up on the mountain all day after a foggy start. Looks a bit cloudy this morning but will go up again and have a look round. Cheers, Carolyn
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Family heading out for our first visit to Neiderau on 5th Feb and really looking forward to it. It's the lowest resort we have been to so I am nervously watching webcam and snow reports and praying for more snow. All updates from anyone there over next few weeks would be fab! Thanks x
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Family heading out for our first visit to Neiderau on 5th Feb and really looking forward to it. It's the lowest resort we have been to so I am nervously watching webcam and snow reports and praying for more snow. All updates from anyone there over next few weeks would be fab! Thanks x
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, still quite mild and forecast for the next few days is more sunshine but getting colder towards the end of the week with snow on thursday. Will keep you posted but am off to check the snow in a minute!! Carolyn
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My family and I are coming out to Neiderau 29th Jan. I do hope you get some more snow before then. We went to Neiderau for the first time last year as complete beginners and really enjoyed ourselves so we decided to go back again. We didnt have much snow then so I hope its better this time. Jane
snow report
carolyn, how was the skiing on Sunday?
Smile
snow report
It was not at it's best, it has to be said, but for all that it is only really the Harfenwirt traiining piste that is bad - and by bad I mean a few bare patches but we managed the Ski Show ok sunday night and the cannons were on last night. It is warm during the day but stays cold at night and holding up ok on the mountain. The local radio report says clouds and snow coming in tonight and back to very cold by the weekend. Should be perfect again in no time!
snow report
Hmmm ... we really don't know what to do.
If Niederau is struggling with the snow, is it correct the better skiing/snow is at Auffach?
If this is the case, is there a bus and how long does it take?
Thanks Carolyn.
latest report
Don't worry, the snow is back! Plenty arrived yesterday and the cannons and piste care folk have been up all night making it perfect again! Auffach is a bit higher and so might hang on to snow longer and there are ski busses every half hour or so but as for better skiing...... no comment! I'm off for Instructor Training at 8 this morning and will check it our and let you know if all is well here! Carolyn
latest report
I's excellent!!! And cold temperatures are set to stay with more snow coming but at the moment the sun is shining. Enjoy! Carolyn
snow conditions
Thanks for keeping us updated.
We are going to book on Saturday, (I think!), would it possibly be ok for another update Saturday morning?
Between now and then, enjoy the fresh snow!!
We can't wait ..... !
Smile
ski holidays
Hi, Will Friday morning do? Off out and about tomorrow so won'y be at the computer! Cold this morning -4.5 and we had more snow overnight. The snow cannons were on all night as well and reports from the mountain were excellent yesterday. The local radio weather forecast seems to agree with the one on our website, so have a look there and see for yourseves on the webcam Smile www.auhof.co.uk Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
Hi Carolyn
Thanks for your help.
We're so excited, so we've booked it!
Arriving Saturday 5th Feb ...... not long!!
Smile
snow conditions
Deaninnorwich wrote:
Hi Carolyn
Thanks for your help.
We're so excited, so we've booked it!
Arriving Saturday 5th Feb ...... not long!!
Smile

We arrive on the 5th too and also V excited... Thanks for weather updates Carolyn! Here's to Sunny days cold snowy nights for our week too!
snow report
I am so jealous of you all, Niederau is a beautiful, friendly place, have a great time.
snow conditions
Hi Smile
Weve just come back from Niederau and the snow is awesome at the moment. We were there for 1 week and arrived in spring like weather and I really thought that there would be no snow. But the pistes held out well although it was slushy in places and icy too and bare patches were coming through. The skiing was hard going. But than on our 3rd day it started to snow and the slopes got better and so did the skiing.Niederau is so lovely and I was very sad to leave today.
So to everyone who is going to Niederau ENJOY.
Moonshine Smile
snow report
wink Hi, yes we just came back on Friday; have now joined the forum. We were very sad to leave and see it SNOWING on our last morning - when we were ski-less! Damn! Just had to content ourselves with a walk around the village instead! Have now discovered Carolyns fantastic posts and webcam though, really useful stuff! snowHead
latest report
Hello again, Just wanted to say that we have even more snow and the conditions are awesome at the moment. Went out yesterday for a free ski amid glorious sunshine and really don't think it could be any better. Snowing now and set to stay cold for the time being. Glad you all had such a good time here, and hope you continue to enjoy the camera! Carolyn
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
....still snowing.....
snow conditions
Hi Carolyn

Thanks for the updates. I am glad it is still snowing. It will give me a soft landing when I fall over. Not long now and we will be out in Niederau enjoying all the snow.

Jane Very Happy
latest report
Excellent, hope you have a great time Smile we are due some sunshine for a while now and it is minus 4 this morning.
snow conditions
All sounding too good to be true! we are flying out in the early hours from manchester,never been here before so reeeeeeaaaaally lookin forward to it.Staying in thr hannes hotel which all looks hunkydory on tripadvisor& Just looked at snow reports&every site saying excellent conditions wooooohooooo!
snow report
scooby1, You will have an amazing time. Many of our friends stayed at Hannes and rate it very highly. You must try and get to the sports bar for apres ski looks like a glass conservatory on the main rd (not sold it well I know) It is such a brilliant atmostphere. As the village is small and friendly you will see familiar faces all week, that's what people go back yr after yr for...................have beer for me Sad Wish I was going enjoy
latest report
Glorious sunshine and cold today, snow is perfect! Zobo, you need to come back!
snow report
carolyn, Hi Caroline, believe me I am gutted this yr that I can't Crying or Very sad Keep looking at the webcam though so many thanks for that. How are you? You teaching again this year? I am sure I am in the wrong job, very envious of your lovely life in the alps. I bet those cream eggs are a distant memory now.
Is Niederau busy? Snow looks good this week, have a beer for me x
snow report
carolyn, Hi Caroline...........?? Defo need a break, spellings not what it used to be Laughing
snow conditions
Don't worry about the spelling! I understood you ok Smile Yes I am doing the season again and loving every minute of it. We are all very well and have had such good snow so far this season but it is going so fast - the season, not the snow! I shall raise a glass to you and remember the creme eggs with pleasure! Smile The village is not too busy at the moment as we are bracing ourselves for the Feb school hols but enough to be buzzing. Hope you can come back next year and see for yourself! Carolyn
latest report
Scooby 1. We stayed at the Hannes Hotel over the New year period for a week. We booked it after reading the reviews from Trip Advisor and we were not let down at all. Its family run and they are super friendly as soon as you walk through the door. The food was very good and always a pleasure to eat. The spa area they have is very nice too. Sauna, steam room etc all very clean and modern. Also we found it very good for the little drag lift that is at the top of the drive and off to the right its one of the blue beginner slopes but good to get the limbs working after the previous nights apres and at 9.30 in the morning we were often the only two people on the run for an hour or so. Very handy for the Super market too with a Spar at the top of the drive. If I could pick the hotel up and move it to every resort I ski at I would. I hope you have a great time.
latest report
Hey Carolyn, not long til we get there now!
How's the big dump holding up?
Forecasts show it's meant to get warmer again ... eekk!
Smile
ski holidays
Hi, Don't know about that, just looked at the outside temperature this morning and it is minus 9.7! We have plenty of fabulous snow and all runs are in excellent condition. Will let you know if anything happens! Carolyn
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy