Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs snow report 2007/2008 season

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar, When are you there? We go on the 17th Jan - 2nd Feb.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Back on the 15th - we should meet up. Lunch in Peisey perhaps?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar,

I'll call you: I'm out with some of the same group as last year 12th - 17th , so a flying squirrel or chalets de l'arc job may be in order...?!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JimW, great. I have a new mobile number which I'll send by PM.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How easy it is now to visit Les Arcs from Les Coches ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Brookes, drive down the valley and back up to Peisey is the easiest way. Straightforward if you have a car or are happy to pay for a taxi. I think it's about a 15-20 minute.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, we have a car but wasnt sure the distance and how easy it was. Is there a car park where you can dump your car and jump on a lift and ski or is it alot of hazzle etc ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Brookes, sorry, can't help with info on parking as I've only done that journey out of the ski season.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Brookes, Option might be to look at Peisey Nancroix and take the lift from there, we have passed over this village form the Vanoise and seems to be street parking near the lift there. If you come across to Peisey can we borrow your car and go across to La Plagne Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Brookes, Parking is in easier Plan Peisey just below the Vanoise than lower down in old Peisey, where it can be a little tight and risk of dents from local service vehicles turning.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Brookes, Parking can be tight, as the new Club Med charges £70 a week for their clients to park there & offers no free parking for their staff. The result is that the street parking gets taken quite early by the ESF club med staff & others - we watch from our balcony Toofy Grin . I think you might be lucky either down in Vallandry or above the Vanoise. Take pot luck - I'm sure you'll find somewhere. Up by The Mont Blanc is also worth trying - very close access to the Grizzli lift. As Martin Nicholas, says., I wouldnt try Peisey Nancroix.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, I shall try to remember to pm you my french mobile number snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geri wrote:
rob@rar, I shall try to remember to pm you my french mobile number snowHead

Excellent Smile I'll send you my mobile and French number.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martin Nicholas, thefatcontroller, rob@rar, geri, cheers guys
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone over there, is it snowing? We leave in 13 hours Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, I'm not there at the moment but it was snowing at 1800 this afternoon.
ski holidays
rob@rar, Cool Cool Cool
latest report
thefatcontroller, Enjoy! Weather reports from Les Arcs would be greatly appreciated wink
snow report
Josef K, If there is an internet cafe in Peisey I will pop in (anyone know if there is one?). Going cold turkey and not taking a laptop iwht me. The week ahead is fun not work snowHead
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, i hope you have a good week !
ski holidays
thefatcontroller,

Enjoy your week, dont spoil all the snow ! Just think when you get back I will only have 2 weeks to go wink
snow report
Chris Brookes, Thanks. Enjoy Les Coches

kwakazx6r, When we get back it is only 7 weeks till we go again wink Cool

Right going to sign of, got to get Mrsfatcontroller and 3 kids up 3.30am Sad If I find an interent cafe during the week I will report in otherwsie see y'all in a week. snowHead
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, we expect reports from you....daily Laughing
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
thefatcontroller, we expect reports from you....daily Laughing

Twice daily! If we don't get a snow report at lunchtime and close of play you will definitely be letting the side down Wink
snow conditions
To give you an update of weather In Les Arcs, as of Monday morning, we have good & bad news:
Good news
There was 25cm of new snow on Sat. evening, and a lot more last night high up, according to Les Arcs radio - 80cm in total!
Bad news
The weather is much warmer than last week, grey & murky as I write, raining (at 1800 metres in Plan Peisey), and it has washed away some of the snow lower down. According to the radio, most of the upper lifts are closed, due to avalanche danger & blasting.(I can hear the booms!), and it recommends skiers to go to the sheltered forest pistes of Peisey Vallandry, where it is obviously damp & foggy.

Better weather is forecast for tomorrow, so I can look forward to some good skiing then!
snow report
fj, Thanks , Meteo Chamonix has the freezing level dropping to 1300m over the next few hours. Grizzly webcam looks rainy too, and thats at 2400 Crying or Very sad
latest report
Martin Nicholas wrote:
fj, Thanks , Meteo Chamonix has the freezing level dropping to 1300m over the next few hours. Grizzly webcam looks rainy too, and thats at 2400 Crying or Very sad

Doubt its raining at that level. val D'isere is snowing at 1850m and in Tignes its dumping at 2100m. I know it can be very localised but dont its raining at that level just down the road Very Happy
ski holidays
From the look of the Blue Bar webcam in Arc 1800 (which is actually at 1700m rolling eyes ) it has now started to snow, big and presumably wet snowflakes, after rain earlier today at that altitude.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Afternoon Live From Plan Peisey.

What a day Shocked Laughing

Woke up 6am here at 1600m to the lovely sound of heavy rain on the chalet roof Mad Mad Mad . However once we got on the Peisey lift and aove 1800-2000m it was snowing heavily snowHead snowHead snowHead

Its been a very hard days skiing, lots and lots of unbashed heavy wetish fresh snow. Transarc (the lift from 1800 into the 2000 bowl) was shut all morning due to avalanche risk Sad Sad However it was basically a white out above 2000m in the morning.

Transarc opened after lunch and we decided to go across into the bowl. What a mistake. Heavy, heavy snow, fog and flat light. We took Plagnettes run into the bowl and it was carnage due to flat light, fog. We left straight away as I wasn;t convinced Transarc wouldn't shut again soon.

The run from Transarc back was just awful, fog was so bad we were having to ski by the piste markers so we could find our way. Once we got back below 1800 it cleared.

This all sounds a bit negative but the snowfall was huge and the forecast is cold. Tomorrow is going to be amazing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Snow still seems good to low levels as well. Plan tomorrow is to do the Agile run from the glacier.

Got to go as the man whose computer iyt is has arrived back and I am not supposed to be on it.

Highlight of day. Instructor giving a big verbal bashing to a snowboarder who was listening to his ipod. On a day like today the instructor suggested he listen to the slopes and those around him not effing music. Great to hear snowHead

Lastbut not least. Avalanche risk 4 and muppets still off piste Mad

Got to go. No time to read posts but will report back in a few days. Get on a plane and get out here Cool
latest report
thefatcontroller, Just been speaking to my son who is out there & said much the same - although they stuck to the trees in Peisey & Vallandry & had a good time
snow conditions
thefatcontroller wrote:
Plan tomorrow is to do the Agile run from the glacier.

Check to see if the Aiguille Rouge cablecar is open first thing. The avalanche risk is going to be very high and the pisteurs may have to do lots of work to secure the Aiguille Rouge before they let people up there. It can be one of the last to open after a heavy snowfall.

Enjoy the rest of the week Smile
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Thanks for the report. Stay safe.
ski holidays
edit

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 7-01-08 19:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, nice report, thanks for it but keep them coming
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Hope the rest of the week keeps getting better. T-5...
snow report
I am there for 3rd to 8th Feb and would be glad of some company for a couple of hours through the week while children are in lessons, as well as finally meeting a real snowHead

Staying at Chantel above Arc 1800.
snow report
It's -7C on the balcony at 8 a.m. - very cold, and clear blue sky - looking good for a great day after yesterday's murky conditions
ski holidays
thefatcontroller and mrsfatcontroller live here from the blue bar in Arc 1800

Yesterday was great. Sun shone all day and the snow from the day before had been bashed out. Legs tired today but conditions just as great today. No new snow but the cannons were on at 5.30pm last night. Will write a more detailed report when we get back but trying at present to write on a blinking french keyboard and its just plain wierd. Confused

2 bits of info though

We are getting a taxi tomorrow from Plan Peisey to Montchavin, leaving 9.15 and being collected 4pm and it is costing 40 euro a couple and there are 4 couples going. Skiing in La Plagne is free and we saved 80 euro on Paradski pass so still quids in.

Lastly and this hurts wink Laughing but and I hope boredsurfin does not read this but we miss the Vanoise being open and the ability to ski La Plagne. Laughing The Vanoise being shut is hurting the area, it makes it quieter which is good but Esprit told us they have had cancellations.

Enough of any negativity its still better being here than working. Laughing

Highlight of yesterday.

Lunch in La Ferme in Villaroger. Venison stew as plat du jour after skiing Aguille Rouge is just perfect snowHead Cool

Right we are off. Forecast for next few days is remaining cold and some light snow;

Will try post again before we leave Sunday but internet access is limited and we are here to ski wink Cool
latest report
rob@rar, It was lunchtime yesterday before Grand Col and the glacier opened but loads more to do so not an issue Cool Laughing

Over and out snowHead
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
thefatcontroller and mrsfatcontroller live here from the blue bar in Arc 1800

Get on front of the webcam and wave!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy