Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Super Salzburg Pass - Snow Report 2013/14

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like it's snowing again in Amadé today judging by the webcams. Hurrah! I fly tonight and arrive tomorrow. snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clarky999, certainly a real north south divide in the south's favour this season. Two years ago it was reversed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nozawaonsen, yup. Stubai has received 80cms apparently, but the roads are shut due to avi danger (or blocked by an avi, haven't looked into it yet).

Major dumpage here in Sapporo too, but it's nice to know the Alps should be in good shape when I get back in a few days!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Back in Schladming, bad timing. Raining! Snowline around about mid mountain. Late start but my still drive down to Lungau. Need to check the roads out.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
waynos, go and look out of the window again please - i don't like this particular report wink

I'm coming out next week if you fancy a ski / beer / or both Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timberwolf, stopped raining, sun out now, Plenty of snow from earlier in the week, a little rain won't damage it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
good news, Thanks mate
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia, Have a great trip. Three weeks till we go.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cad99uk, thanks, you too!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timberwolf, snowing higher up, though above freezing. Piste in great shape, off piste rather damp. Loads of snow cover. Latest bergfex forecast has some heavy snow for tonight but temps a bit high. Cooler and snowier further south, such as lungau, just past obertauern, covered on Salzburg super pass. Meet up next week.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Latest forecast for Lungau region (on the SuperPass, just south of Obertauern) is for another 50cms overnight and it looks to be a good 5 degrees colder, already had lots of snow today too. An amazing difference to conditions to this area. http://www.bergfex.com/katschberg/wetter/berg/ Early start tomorrow for the drive down (50mins) I think, unless it dumps locally.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A little secret for cheaper flights to this area. Ryanair to Linz, just booked one way flights for later in feb for 30euros each, same day from Salzburg 144 euros. It's only an extra hour's drive, all motorway, so can still drive transfer in under 2 hours.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
waynos, 50cm overnight in some areas!! wow, that sounds OK. Only another 16 days and we will be on our way Very Happy I'm actually rather looking forward to it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone know why the police were parking lorries on the a10 past flachau today?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Megamum, Keep an eye on those ensembles though. Think cool thoughts.
latest report
hobbiteater, if it was in the Italy direction then it is probably a snow-chain check before going up to Flachau Winkl.
latest report
flangesax,

Thanks, it was, we drove past several km of them.
snow report
waynos, head south dude, my gf is reporting 150cms in 30 hours!!
snow report
clarky999, at an average of 15cm a time thats good going wink
snow conditions
clarky999, Well we did head south to Lungau, sure enough as we exited the Tauaern tunnel there was a lot more snow about, but it was quite damp. Headed up the first gondel quite excited but half way up we were in thick cloud. Vis was as bad as it gets, struggling to see the piste markers let alone venture off piste. The odd place I did try the snow was transforming due to temps, just above 0. We skied to valley a couple of times, one time on the south facing side and boy was the snow sticky. Drove to Katschberg hoping for better vis, but just as bad. After a lunch stop it was snowing properly heavy and getting windy. Called it a day, 30 minutes later back north in the Enns valley and it was sunny and over 10 degrees! Snow fast disappearing on south facing slopes (not ski slopes).So frustrating this area has huge potential for some amazing powder runs.
snow report
Yesterday skied locally at Schladming. Was maybe 5-7cms of fresh wet snow higher up. Above tree line was quite pleasant, played a lot off the top of hauser kaibling, the east face particularly good, some nice untracked fresh. Lower down in the tree line the snow was too damp. Piste were horrible by the afternoon, wet snow, warm temps and too many holiday skiers.

Today headed to Grosseck in Lungau, just past Obertauern. Colder and as usual this winter more snow around. A prick teaser session. The top lift (2400m) opens up some great terrain but was shrouded in thick cloud the whole time. We still went up and struggled to ski down the piste in the white out, just as we crept out the cloud there was still some decent north facing tree runs we could access, the snow here was 15-20cms powder Very Happy. Did this a few times and tried out some south and west faces that were more accessible from other lifts below the cloud. These slopes had been visited by krusty the clown - (sun crusted). Did a few runs on the way home in Obertauern, flat light, piste in good condition, off piste mainly cooked and crusted as we were on the south facing side, the north facing hill was in cloud. Quite busy on the piste, who invited these people?
snow report
waynos, It is turning into a strange season indeed. Found some damp new tracks up in Zauch today but don't want to head too far from the pistes in these conditions.
ski holidays
The beer in Picasso's is good and cold
ski holidays
Enjoy lol. Ankle is easing now, just a little stiff to flex. Had tea, made friends with the three Polish guys and having a quiet beer here now.
snow report
Fuggo's Poodle, get down here
snow report
Some pixs from Hauser Kaibling a couple of days ago, dust on crust type day

snow report
What's the warm'ish temps doing to the pistes lower down? ie the runs home.
The web cams seem to be showing lots of green fields away from the pistes and the day time temperatures are showing a high +10 deg C for today with only slightly lower through to Monday.

We're in Flachau in 9 days time and it looks like sun cream will be required!
latest report
FraserP, Don't worry the piste are holding up just fine. I skied to bottom of Schladming today and Zauchansee (south facing winkl side) yesterday - in some great slushy bumps. Forecast is looking better with snow Friday, Sunday and into next week and cooler temps.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back from 9 days in Ski Amadé. Mostly sunny and very warm at the start of the trip, but had cooled down by yesterday with new snow overnight on Friday and all day yesterday. The pistes are mostly in excellent condition. There's definitely been a good amount of snowmaking this season to make up for the lower natural snowfall than last season. Some of the valley slopes were heavy and porridgy on the warmer days, but I seem to be getting a bit better at that (thanks to the new skis).

Can't wait to get back there in six weeks' time...
snow report
Here we go again, the start of Waynos Jnr II's ski career, this will involve lots of picking up, bending over, skiing backwards, faffing and patience, but all worth it, before starting next season on Jnr III, ahhhhh.

Lovely spring conditions today, snow coming tomorrow.
snow conditions
waynos, Very Happy
latest report
Indeed
snow conditions
waynos, very dear. How old is Jnr II? That last picture looks like he's saying "How come I only these silly plastic jobs?"
ski holidays
Been snowing for a couple of hours in Bad Gastein and now turned quite heavy.

40cms forecast by xc-weather.
snow conditions
Jnr II is 19 months - well in to the terrible 2s already. Forecast spot on, been snowing above about 1000m since this morning, R-ing in the valley but hopefully it will cool down a bit more. Start of a busy week with Brits, Dutch and local half term. Not too busy at all this morning at one of the smaller local hills.
snow conditions
Radstadt nice on the top, snowing, v slushy at the bottom.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 16-02-14 16:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Terribly sorry waynos that us annoying tourists (too many holiday skiers) as you quoted the other week). have the gall and impertinence to crowd your private area of Austria. Oh, but we provide a large portion of the Euros to keep the local economy going..................... I worked in the tourist industry for years (diving), and just loved tourists and holiday makers coming to my little island paradise to dive. Provided for my family and the local population.
snow report
skimac, chill.

Lovely day out in Dorfgastein today, plenty of white stuff falling, tomorrow could be good as the temps are dropping, the top pistes in Großarl and Dorfgastein were really great, mid station rather lumpy and below that real leg breaking stuff, but it´s all good.
ski holidays
skimac,I know how ski town economics work thanks very much. I'm a tourist myself and have spent large amounts supporting the ski industry, I see nothing wrong with stating there are many people (tourist, holiday skiers, etc) skiing on the mountain on a particular day I happen to be on the mountain. What's your issue?
snow conditions
Hard work on the lower slopes today but the nusery is in good condition!... Seems like that'll be where I'm based for another day or two!
Things have cooled down now and there is snow in the valley at 850m around Radstadt area. skimac, no need to apologise... we're used to it wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy