Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
stab, dedicated or what... so far how many have you built this winter Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing this is the 3rd one, if this one melts then obviously I'm not supposed to have one. At least I actually got to have 3 goes on this one. I have moved a mountain of snow, the digging team failed to materialise, much like the team I need to push me at the big rail by the post office, lots of people who want to film me dying but not one soul who'll be responsible for pushing me at it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, once you have built one and some one films you please put it on the net so i can have a laugh wink Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Brookes, hey you're not the only one who want's a laugh Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
that's pretty much everyone elses idea, film him/watch him die - laugh your ass off.
This is the rail http://i7.tinypic.com/24px9y1.jpg
I guess you know where that is. My 1st plan was to do it all stealth like in early december with the first big dumps of snow but we all know why that didn't work out.
Now I'm going to have to wait until end of season, or at least until the police/securitas aren't around anymore, then I just have to put up with locals wondering why I'm making a piste next to the post office.

Anyhoo, 10 cm of new snow up top overnight.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, "Anyhoo, 10 cm of new snow up top overnight" - Good news!
Why didn't the first plan work out then? Was it the weather or the "police/securitas" to blame?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brian T, I'm guessing lack of snow!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, I thought that was where you meant to slide, then I thought no he can't be that crazy, obviously I was in error with my seccond supposition, he really is that mad Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mind you it's probably almost as dangerous negotiating those steps when they're icy, I've seen more than one person fall on them over the years
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm betting he ends up in the recycling skips across the road Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yep, lack of snow. I figured my survival rates go from good to very bad, so I'll wait until a big dump of snow.

Ronald, why didn't you go from the top of tschuggen? halfway up is for fairys* NehNeh

*says stab, who can't even walk up there in the summer because of my fear of heights.
Looks like you had a good run down there though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
D G Orf wrote:
stab, I thought that was where you meant to slide, then I thought no he can't be that crazy, obviously I was in error with my seccond supposition, he really is that mad Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing It's all a calculated risk, I think. This is last years monkey I got off my back.
http://static.flickr.com/52/121156437_8253e3c386_o.gif
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, cool Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, very cool - where did all that snow come?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Yeah, very cool - where did all that snow come?

Quote:

This is last years monkey I got off my back.

wink
snow report
Quote:

This is last years monkey I got off my back.

yup, realise that (I knew that there would be a smart answer - another one might have been "from the sky"!). Its just that I went to Wengen twice last year and at the end of Januray all the snow was blown away.... Puzzled
snow conditions
can't say for sure, I know I broke the leg on april the 3rd and that sign grind was within a week before breaking it, must be end of march sometime.

edit: just looking through my pictures it started to dump on the 28th March, that sign grind was 31st march.
snow report
Did anyone see the football last night? But seriously, there's been far too much talk about the weather recently, and we all know that there is going to be a seriously enormous dump of snow in the next 4 weeks, I know this for a fact, so rest assured. Good, I'm glad we've settled that. Now, what's the gossip in the village? Very Happy
ski holidays
screw next month im there next weekend...bring it on then .. Laughing
ski holidays
don't know about gossip, I keep a low profile. I do know that 99% of the people here at the moment can't use a chair lift or ski. It's like a game of frogger trying to get down the mountain at the moment. And the amount of people who ski straight into the chair lift stations, missing the chairs completely has to be seen to be believed.
But saying that. I had an awesome day (with a skier Shocked ) picking out untouched powder lines until we got bored with it, then I ignored people who asked me where had I been getting decent powder runs Laughing
snow conditions
Dusting of snow this morning from looking at the webcams.

Snow-forecast are showing snow from Wednesday onwards, not much though but at least its something
ski holidays
Beautifull start to the day down here in Bern Very Happy
ski holidays
stanton, morning. What are the papers saying weather wise for Bern this week ?
snow report
nice weather no snow

http://www.20min.ch/news/wetter/schweiz/bern.tmpl
latest report
looks like the current nice weather will begin to break down towards the end of the week:

http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/cgi-bin/plz.cgi?plz=3823
latest report
and look at all that rain !!
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, Please don't say that. We go out to Wengen on Monday, and it looks as if it's going to be warm and wet. PLEASE someone contradict me and give me some hope Confused
snow report
It won't all be rain - most of that, if not all, will be snow higher up. And if you're lucky temps will be a few degrees below the forecast and there'll be snow down to the village.

Be optimistic!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Brian T, believe me....i want it to be snow as im there this coming weekend Sad
latest report
After work lastnight you could walk round Bern without a coat no problem , winter was only two days thisyear , spring has arrived !

The papers are saying its good news for the scooter suppliers , there on the road all ready !

http://www.20min.ch/news/bern/story/24801312
latest report
/deep breath, happy place happy place.

I doubt it will rain, apart from the strength of the sun it's pretty cold after 5pm, piste is slush by 3, back to ice by 4ish.

The sheer number of people here at the moment is too much, I'll refrain from typing anymore as I'm quite evil at the moment. Going to follow ronald's tracks up the tschuggen today, and if I see any tourists up there then god help me.
snow report
snow forecast predicting 10cm on Sunday ... we'll see
snow report
Thanks for the non- gloom and doom outlooks. I guess whatever the weather will be, will be. Can't wait - 6 days and counting snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Got back from Murren yesterday and at the risk of never being allowed to set foot in Murren again, I have to say the snow was much better in Wengen and the piste preparation superior. Have my fingers crossed for you.
latest report
Well.............i hope it snows loads this weekend as the pictures thatskilegs posted of Murren looked terrible with a capital T.
ski holidays
Thanks skilegs. Cross everything Little Angel However it will just be great to be there again after a hard few weeks at work. Ah skiing, a few beers, nice meals, more beers, sleep, big breakfast, skiing, beers, food, beers, sleep, breakfast skiing.......... for 8 days. snowHead
Chris Brookes, Thought we might go across to MUrren for a day, but as you say, it looks as if they need more snow Confused
stab, at least half term will be over when we arrive. Try not to kill anyone before then wink
snow conditions
Brian T,the joys snowHead
snow report
Brian T, Murren still merits a day's visit but go early to avoid the cable car queues. The new Riggli chairlift at Birg is excellent and the cable car from Lauterbrunnen to Grutsalp a credit to the Swiss. Best mountain food at Sonnenberg.
ski holidays
good news, if it doesn't snow in the next 10 days then the region closes, 10 days being how long the snow they have will last.
Don't know how true that is but it's from a fairly good source. It's too warm for the cannons even at night, which suprises me as everything freezes at night but what do I know.

edit: please don't panic or freak out, I'm sure it will be ok, may not even be true.
snow report
thanks for the heads up, gives me chance to go elsewhere for the weekend in 10 days time ... holding fire for now
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy