Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
woke up this morning and it's friggin raining Mad
looks like snow fairly high up but I don't care, it's now the 3rd quarter pipe I've made and that one is melting too.

I still remain confident though that this season will end with epic conditions, but then I'm already here, it doesn't cost me anything to come here.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab, snow-forecast.com have finally updated their models and are now saying the FL is 2100 but will go down to 1150 by evening so at least the rain will turn to snow later on today !

Well, we arrive at the end of next week so it better improve Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Take care. See you next February?

Thankyou and perhaps wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab, snow-forecast.com have finally updated their models and are now saying the FL is 2100 but will go down to 1150 by evening so at least the rain will turn to snow later on today !

Well, we arrive at the end of next week so it better improve Puzzled

girlfriend is on scheidegg, she says it's turning to snow now, was cats and dogs this morning. Still raining hard in town Sad
I hope it snows, big party tonight, maybe I come out of my dj retirement, not sure. I will be coming home tomorrow morning very drunk and I'd like to have some snow to fall on.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab, Not sunday, I was in the train from Winteregg to Murren around 3for a bit of a swim Wink

Chris Brookes, Very enjoyable in fact. I had a mother and father with their son. Teaching adults is a lot different from children in the way to interact. I liked the much closer contact with the small group.

D G Orf, kathyborn, I talked to the skischool leader this morning, and he amazingly confidently mentioned it would snow tomorrow, but.... I will believe it when I see it, and You'd do good to follow Davids advise...

Maybe see if you find an attractive last minute deal to Whistler-Blackcomb? They seem to have gotten all the snow the rest of the world is lacking (10 meters cumulative, giving them 258 cm base mid mountain) Wink

TONIGHT SNOWHOW at the Figeler. I expect you all to be there, i'll be performing in it Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab wrote:

I still remain confident though that this season will end with epic conditions,

So do I - the snow always comes in March / April. And I've backed that opinion up by booking a nice place in town for 3 weeks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ronald wrote:
TONIGHT SNOWHOW at the Figeler. I expect you all to be there, i'll be performing in it Wink

Are you the clown? NehNeh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
2 or 3 years back was another crap winter at exactly this date. I had to dj at a club in lucerne so drove over the pass to get there, next day I had to come around the bern way and eventually abandoned the car in zweilutchinen, couldn't drive any further. That was THE dump of the year.
It's all falling into place again this year, I hope. Well, you have to try and be positive, that's what I'm telling myself anyway. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab, Nope. "Warm up"-group and a boyteam "side slip" formation with the girlteam skiing trough (Me at top right if we do it the same as x-mas)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ronald, So who will be wearing their trousers over their head and their jacket on their legs tonight then Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Terrential Rain down here in Bern Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ronald wrote:
stab, Nope. "Warm up"-group and a boyteam "side slip" formation with the girlteam skiing trough (Me at top right if we do it the same as x-mas)

Good luck with that, I just came down figeller, I didn't think the pool race was for another month.

Snowing hard on scheidegg when I got there at 1, still raining like crazy in the village, snowline is about halfway down bumps.
I'm happy it's raining, up top the ice has given way so any new snow will stick.
Overall I had fun today, but I'm soaked through.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, hows it looking outside now, still raining cats and dogs ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, no suprisingly it isn't, sat in a cloud at the moment. Caught a glimpse of the race track just now and the snow line is coming down slowly.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ladies and gentlemen, we have blizzard conditions Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
stab, in Wengen or in your head ??
ski holidays
Quote:

ladies and gentlemen, we have blizzard conditions

Glad to be of service. As soon as my reservation was made at the Oberland a message was simultaneously sent to the Snow Gods who are duly delivering. Very Happy
snow report
D G Orf, nobody... they cancelled the show Sad
snow conditions
masmith, congrats. So reading the other thread you are staying in Lauterbrunnen now. If the weather really improves and it dumps loads to the valley floor you can ski back down from Murren wink saves getting the train back
snow report
Ronald wrote:
D G Orf, nobody... they cancelled the show Sad

oh dear. Because of the wind/snow or the wet snow?

I'm off out tonight, shall be djing at some point before 8am tomorrow morning, monster monster party tonight. Just packing my records up and then it's every man for himself Going green
snow report
Stab, so pleased to hear of blizzard conditions.
Keep the Snow Gods happy until 23rd when we'll be in Wengen, any other Snowheads that week?
snow conditions
stab, what made you give dj..ing Puzzled
latest report
a combination of the bars here refusing to pay someone like me, who has learnt to dj over 10 years, more money than some guy who can press play on a cd player. That and the requests, morons, etc etc.
I did tipi for a few years, if you ever heard strange music, like 2 songs at the same time, like bon jovi and vanilla ice for example, that was me djing.
snow report
stab wrote:
I did tipi for a few years, if you ever heard strange music, like 2 songs at the same time, like bon jovi and vanilla ice for example, that was me djing.

that sound different ...
snow conditions
Rain down here again in Bern however Winter retunes tonight & tomorrow (for a couple of days) down here and most of Switzerland tomorrow

http://www.20min.ch/news/wetter/

I should add they say a strong southern Fohn wind will hit the alps on Saturday of upto 20C Sad
snow conditions
Well until the fohn arrives im just focusing on the dumps of snow that arrived last night and will continue....no negative posts please Laughing Laughing
snow report
stab, how as your night Puzzled Did you fall out the pub and land on a dumping of snow last night .....

Any pics ?
snow conditions
stab wrote:

Old fogey question Toofy Grin - is that what they call "mashing"?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink, yeah, mashing, bootlegs, Fitzwilliam pop. all the same thing.
The link in my signature is where I keep most of what I make.

edit: Fitzwillam? WTF? it should say bar-steward
Chris Brookes, My night was mental, didn't start to dj until 3am, finally left to go home at 6am, was snowing hard then, was also almost spritual being the 1st walking on the fresh snow in the village, or I was really drunk. To be honest I'll go for really drunk.
Got out of bed at 2 and rushed up the mountain, it must have been very windy as there wasn't that much snow up there, conditions are greatly improved though, had some great hungover off piste today.
Only downpoint at the moment is there is 99% of the UK here, I sometimes wish I didn't speak english I really do.

I'm going now as I can't really type or spell properly, this took me ages to type Laughing
latest report
snow, what kind of snow, how much fresh we talkin' ?
ski holidays
stab, a good all round then wink
snow conditions
to tell the truth I don't even know how I managed to stand up today and I have no idea on how much snow. Maybe 15/20cm or something, it's hard to gauge because it was so windy the other day a lot of the snow moved around, some off piste parts are really good, others you scratch the bottom making heavy turns.
The actual snow on the piste is that wet squeaky stuff lower down, for me on a board it's hard work coming down from allmend. Up top it's good because it didn't get as much rain as lower down.
But by 5 it was melting fast in town, and now it's freezing cold.
ski holidays
stab, next to come is the Fohn this weekend... Sad
ski holidays
good news and bad news.

Good news: Quarter pipe has had it's maiden voyage Cool

Bad news: Cats and dogs at the moment. Sad
ski holidays
3 Words:

Waist Deep Powder

(With a mountainguide, i'm not going there alone, as the guide was awfully careful there down the foot of Tschuggen mountain)

2 awesome days, now back to the usual fohn I guess.
latest report
On the other side, the prepared slopes are in pretty good conditions. As expected, 20 cm not enough to make it totally universally good (some places with the icy base showing through) but mostly pretty nice!

After the end of the class with the mountainguide, i continued skiing with a young lady...

Loonatic fast down the rennstrecke
Superfast Carving down Langetreien, back up with bumps, repeat, repeat, repeat!
Straight down the Hanegg, non stop to Ziel.

I like her style Wink With a bit of luck She'll join up with me tomorrow Wink

TODAY WAS FUN!
latest report
stab, stil raining ??

Ronald, sounds like great fun
latest report
Chris Brookes, well when I was out digging it was raining quite a bit, when I went back out an hour later it wasn't, and didn't look like it rained much.

Quote:

Waist Deep Powder

Ik ook, but I'm not telling anyone where wink

(Without a mountainguide, i like being there alone) Very Happy
snow report
stab, digging what ?
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, the quarter pipe. I just need it to freeze tonight now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy