Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Quite mild in Bern this morning Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab, very quite today...

If you have nothing better to do can you please look outside and tell us if its still snowing and how much so far has landed today wink Little Angel

Meh, maybe 4 cms, waste of time having bad weather. Covered all the grass again and that's about it, at least it's wet snow though, I can build with wet snow. Very Happy

Been searching out the snow the last week, IMO schilthorn is dire, ice and just crap, had the worst day there ever on monday, for skiing sure it's ok, for boarding it's a waste of time. The run from the top was closed as well. Turned into a hiking and smoking weed day.

I kind of quit this forum, some skiers didn't see my point of view, in that I am always right, even when I'm wrong I'm right, then I just knew that the same people doing my nut in are probably the same people that get a "WELL HELLOOOOO" from me most days, and drop their sticks. But then this morning I realised that no one in this thread p1ssed me off, so I just won't go anywhere else, except the jungfrau region thread.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stab, im glad you have seen the light and decided to pop back wink

Off to work i go..cu later
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Raining HARD down here in Bern could even be some sleet Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It was snowing this am and now started again.....bring it on and lets hope this weekend the region has a really good dumping
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
quick update:
Snowing at the moment, was really windy today up top. It's starting to get fun again, piste is slightly softening up/getting some snow. Word on the street is there's at least half a metre coming before sunday. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab wrote:
....then this morning I realised that no one in this thread p1ssed me off, so I just won't go anywhere else, except the jungfrau region thread.

I was catching up on posts in this thread since I got back from Wengen last Saturday, and wondering how to celebrate my 100th post, when I came upon this pearl of wisdom from Stab.....this thread has got to be the most active on Snowheads (laying down a challenge, perhaps), and it's great to be a part of it!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am still looking for advice about the trip to Wengen we have planned for next week, Feb 19-24. I check the forecasts 6 times a day. I know it looks like some snow over the next few days but will it be enough to make a trip across the Atlantic worth it? The webcams look OK but they show such a small slice of the terrain. For instance, is Oh God open? Fallboden? Can you ski to the village?

Our other option is to head in the opposite direction to Aspen where the base is good but the conditions are crusty from freeze and thaw. I will always return to Wengen because it such a special place to my husband and me, but this time we are travelling with our 30-something sons who relish steep off-piste. Some honest advice would be appreciated.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kathyborn, being honest if you want to please your sons, I would say that there is probably insufficient challenging skiing for them arround Wengen, and without a really good snowfall the areas used for off piste are unlikely to have sufficient coverage for the near future
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Big Electrical Storm last night in Bern & heavy Rain , sheet ice on the streets this morning.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab wrote:
quick update:
Snowing at the moment, was really windy today up top. It's starting to get fun again, piste is slightly softening up/getting some snow. Word on the street is there's at least half a metre coming before sunday. Very Happy

Morning Stab, so hope the streets are right.. wink fingers and everything X
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton, morning Stanton, anything about a good dumping this weekend in the papers ?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kathyborn wrote:
I am still looking for advice about the trip to Wengen we have planned for next week, Feb 19-24. I check the forecasts 6 times a day. I know it looks like some snow over the next few days but will it be enough to make a trip across the Atlantic worth it? The webcams look OK but they show such a small slice of the terrain. For instance, is Oh God open? Fallboden? Can you ski to the village?

Oh god hasn't opened yet this year, I can't remember it being open last year either, might have been but I missed it.
Fallboden is a bag of spanners at the moment, won't even waste my time going down it.
Of course you can ski to the village, those days of mud and green don't look like coming back for a while. You can't ski down to grund from mannlichen, probably can do to brandegg from scheidegg, haven't tried yet, I don't go anywhere near that run until the spring.

There is hardly any decent off piste at the moment, little bits here and there but nothing that would make an epic day.

Even if it does dump huge amounts there are some many people waiting to kill it on the off piste that it will be tracked out in minutes I guess.

I don't quite know what happened to the snow last night but today it's sunny Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AdrianV wrote:
I was catching up on posts in this thread since I got back from Wengen last Saturday, and wondering how to celebrate my 100th post, when I came upon this pearl of wisdom from Stab.....this thread has got to be the most active on Snowheads (laying down a challenge, perhaps), and it's great to be a part of it!

Laughing cheers, I was trying to participate in the forum a bit more but stupidly I did it when I said to myself I was going to post less here because I couldn't guarantee being nice all the time. Ah well.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I skied Oh God last year...but I had to duck under a rope to do it!!
snow report
Click on this map for the 5 day outlook

Quite a high chance of Rain (Niederschlagsrisiko) . I guess at higher elevations it will be snow.

http://www.espace.ch/wetter/5tage/

In Bern
There talking about a strong Southwest Wind Freezing level changing Monday from 1400 tues 600M

http://www.20min.ch/news/wetter/schweiz/bern.tmpl
snow conditions
And so ends the last day of peacefullness, for tomorrow will be a whole different ball game once the hoards arrive. Piste is getting icy again for a change, this afternoon wixi was getting slushy, then after 4 it all went icy again.
And according to the nokia dictionary icy is spelt icy, and not icey, learnt something new today.

Jungraubahn's website, for some reason reported 60cm of fresh snow today, mountain was busy and full of very angry people, surely that's fraud? One swiss guy bought 3 ski passes for him and the kids plus a hotel for 3 nights based soley on the snow report on the jungraubahn website, he was not happy at all.

On the plus side, club med has had loads of cancellations and is only half full for february. This really cheered me up, what with the snow blading teenagers that seem to stay there.

Would I be right in saying at least skiers and boarders equally hate these blade things?
latest report
So how much snow/rain do you think will fall over the Jungfrau Region this weekend ??

SCGB are suggesting upto 75cm over the French/Swiss Alps

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/item.asp?intCategoryID=1&intItemID=4597

that would be good but knowing our luck so far it will be pants............ still, fingers and everything X wink
ski holidays
It's rumoured to rain tomorrow but I'm sure some people enjoy telling me that. I'm going to say snow based on the cloud that was building up near sunset and the temp.
Weather alert for scheidegg was for a storm, so wind and crap weather. It has to snow, just has to, my knees can't take another ice landing. My mate found some really good off piste today and was very reluctant to tell me where. In the end he did tell me, he didn't seem to think I should post the location on the internet Laughing
ski holidays
stab, im shocked you could still find any decent off piste in Wengen ...very lucky then

You sure you didnt mean in Murren wink
snow report
Looking on Metcheck, and I suspect we're talking about the village, it would appear that 12cm of Snow through Saturday and Saturday night, rain on Sunday and Monday, then 20cm snow on Tuesday, Wednesday will see a bit of dust, then thursday will bring sunnier weather. Of course, the Weathermeister (Mr Orf) may have insider knowledge......
ski holidays
didn't say it was in Wengen did I Wink

Actually there's an idea.

Murren is awesome at the moment, everybody head there, the wengen side is closed, free doughnuts on the cable car. 2 for 1 ski passes. 99% off rental if you say " I roll with the Stab"

Laughing
latest report
AdrianV, dont bank on Metcheck as ive found the inof more wrong than right in the past, lets hope they have the rain part wrong a ! wink

D G Orf, an update to your weather prediction would be good right now ?

stab,lol
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, seeing as you asked

Looks like light snow on Saturday and possibly Sunday (with perhaps 5 to 10 cm of snow max) followed probably by rain on monday hopefully turning to snow on tuesday a maximum of 40cm of snow up top by Wednesday, next weekend looks like it might be the start of a week of light snow or rain, the temps will hover arround 0c so it could fall as either, a maximum of perhaps 30cm if it all falls as snow
latest report
D G Orf, ta wink
snow report
Got back from Wengen yesterday.
Most red runs ok as they mainly have snow guns
Blue runs all very worn as they do not have snow guns
Most black runs shut
The lowest you can ski is to Brandegg for the apple fritters and the bottom of the Tschuggen drag and the Holenstein middle station for the bubble.

Their is very little off-piste as all the snow to the sides of the piste has been pushed on to the piste.
ski holidays
riverman wrote:
Most black runs shut

don't they have to open them first to shut them Laughing
snow conditions
stab, True
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
here comes the snow Very Happy
Lightly snowing outside now, was snowing fairly decently up top today from 3 ish.
ski holidays
stab, is it still snowing now Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, no not really Sad
snow conditions
stab, balls
snow conditions
the fohn was out in full force today, 80km winds, mannlichen shut, lauberhorn, wixi, arven shut, was heartbreaking to see all the snow on the ground blowing down towards grund again just like last year. I don't know what to make of it now, up top is stripped, midway down is soft spring snow.
So warm lower down today, had the jacket and trouser vents open, that's not good I guess. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
That sounds like a pile of p*o.

Any rumours of huge dumps of snow or low temps on the way in the region, as it looks pretty cr*p next week
snow report
Had my first Private lesson today!

Other then that... Mürrens swimmingpool is still fine.. sure cleared out my nose Smile Shocked

may not have much work this week... so i hope David is as right as he usually is...
snow report
Ronald, and how was it..the lessons i mean. Do you prefer teaching children or adults ?
snow conditions
Ronald, were you coming down from allmend around 3? Did you have a snowboarder flying around you?
snow report
DG Orf and others:

I am still sitting on the fence (my decision day keeps slipping) trying to decide whether it is worth making the trip to Wengen for the week of 18 February (7 days from today). The weather forecasts at best seem to indicate the possibility of 10 inches new snow, but it also seems that some of that could be rain. We've already lost a few skeptics from amongst our family group. We could rebook for March or for next year. Please weather experts and those who are in Wengen at the moment, I would be grateful for your honest advice.
snow conditions
kathyborn, I hate to say this but ...... I wouldn't take the chance, my gut feeling is that if conditions have not improved significantly by now they are unlikely to do so for the rest of the season, the only way for conditions to significantly improve would be for a minimum of 12inches/30cm of snow to fall in one go overnight which might just be enough to allow for the piste machines to rebuild the pistes, small snowfalls will just not do it as they either melt on areas of grass or get swept off existing pistes by skiers and boarders.

As to weather or not this seasons poor snowfalls over much of the alps are a temporary blip or part of a trend I think we will have to wait and see what happens next seson Sad
ski holidays
Quote:

kathyborn, I hate to say this but ...... I wouldn't take the chance

Oh David, that is just the sort of honest opinion that I dreaded receiving...but am grateful to receive. Perhaps this means that we will be returning together to Wengen in 2008.

In Boston, we have had a scant 1.8 inches of snow this winter with the normal being 41.8 inches. December was so mild that many spring shrubs were tricked into blooming only to be frozen by very cold dry weather from mid-January on. So we will have a spare Spring. About the only thing good about this is the excellent ice skating right now on all ponds. But, overall I think it is very scarey and when considered with the inane war in Iraq, I think the future is beginning to look quite bleak.

Take care. See you next February?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy