Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
stab, was it snowing again today ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Brookes, mannlichen was really really lightly snowing, after 3 it was dumping around wengernalp/bumps. Still really lightly snowing in wengen now and looks like it's still snowing hard up on bumps/scheidegg.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stab, that sounds good, lets hope it keeps falling all night
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bring it on !! (glad to hear its still snowing wink )
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Intrestingly it wasn't originally supposed to snow today, I guess it just shows how the mountains can effect the weather, today there should according to the stats be a maximum of about 1cm of snow if that
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf, If more people walked in the mountains in the summer they would see that it can be raining in one valley and sunshine in the next and that storms can brew up in minutes. This cannot be forecast.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, how much do you think has fallen so far in Wengen today ?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf wrote:
Intrestingly it wasn't originally supposed to snow today, I guess it just shows how the mountains can effect the weather, today there should according to the stats be a maximum of about 1cm of snow if that

it was weird today, on lauberhorn it was sunny, half way down wixi it got cloudy then by wengernalp starting to snow. By bumps it was chucking it down, then by wengen easing off to lightly snowing.

Not so much in wengen to be honest, today fell about 5cm, it;s hard to tell. Not enough to rebuild the quarter pipe anyway. Sad

There is a huge difference between mannlichen and scheidegg/lauberhorn, one has a lot more snow than the other, but obviously I'm not going to share that until I've finished with it Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab, thanks again for being our weather eye !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
no problem, wengen tourism pay me for every person I get to come here so I just tell you all what you want to hear weather wise wink doesn't matter if it's true or not Little Angel
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab, well its worked, I arrive on the 31st
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cool, another 50 francs Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, Well you can afford to buy the beers
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, at that rate Wengen tourism should by now have paid me enough to buy a large appartment there, I've been sending people there for 20 years, you'd think the least they could do is pay for my ski pass, not that I'm going this year Sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK,

We have just made the decision to stick with our plans and stay the week in Grindelwald. My fingers are now crossed into double knots.

Stab, do you get any kickbacks from them? Smile
snow report
Bern local papers forcast it getting warmer again next week Sad
http://www.20min.ch/news/wetter/
ski holidays
snowing this morning Cool
snow conditions
stab, down to Wengen ?
ski holidays
of course Very Happy
ski holidays
Anyone know if there are any wireless hotspots in Wengen?
ski holidays
Crystal bar, Rocks bar, Da'Sinas Bar... when they feel fit to have it turned on.
ski holidays
AdrianV wrote:
Anyone know if there are any wireless hotspots in Wengen?

NO NO and thrice NO Shocked I intend to make a thorough search of the car later and any laptops will be staying in Telford NehNeh

Don't tell me, you now have an iPod that connects to the internet? Or is wifi now built into Burton jackets?
snow conditions
We have under 30 days to go so im now counting down the days before we are there Blush
ski holidays
So does anyone have any recommendations on post-beginner runs in the Jungfrau region?

I learned to ski last year in Colorado and got my ski legs back in Utah this week in preparation for the trip.

I assume I will be on the nursery slopes for a bit but I was wondering what folks thought would be the next easiest runs in the region once I felt comfortable to move on.

I'm staying in Grindelwald closest to the first region but I'm planning on going all over so any recommendations would be helpful.
snow report
glennyb, All the blue runs in the Jungfrau region are ok for third week skiers. My favourite blue run when i started skiing again were those the started at the top of the Winteregg chair which is on the railway between Grutschalp and Murren. When are you in the visiting the area.
latest report
riverman, the Winteregg blue runs are lovely to learn on and the ski school take the beginners to them at the end of the first week.
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, The Winteregg chair is a bit slow, but if the weather is nice a pleasant 5/10 minutes looking at the views..
snow report
riverman, it used to be even slower until they upgraded
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Winteregg chair is also a bit of a hike from Grindelwald!!

glennyb, There are a couple of blue runs from Kleine Schiedegg that go down to Brandegg (stop for some apple fritters) and then onto Grund. They are mainly tracks through trees, but are nice.

Over on the First side, if you go up to Oberjoch, they have a blue run there that is designated a "slow zone". Good for getting your ski legs back. They have a red run that is alongside for those that want to blast it.
snow report
Elizabeth B, It is a bit of a hike but glennyb says hes planning to go all over the region. wink
snow conditions
glennyb,
From First:
- Oberjoch 30KPH blue.
- First-Schreckveld blue.
- The red oberjoch is on the lower side of a red, with 2 or 3 steeper sections, so it may be a nice start to get to the higher rated slopes.
In general the runs in First are not rated too difficult in my humble opinion Stay away from the blacks off course, but the reds don't have many nasty suprises from my memory.

From Mannlichen:
- The blue from top to Mannlichen Chair.
- The wiiide red to Mannlichen chair: first section is the most difficult, but you can use the start of the blue to avoid that section (red and blue cross after the difficult section)
From Kleine Scheidegg:
- Blue to Brandegg or short variation to Arven. It rocks, period. Was the first thing I skiied, after 1 time big figeler (the 'advanced' nursery) in Wengen.
- Lauberhorn Red!!! Its a lovely very gentle red, without nasty suprises.

Murren is not too evil to access from Grindelwald, train to Zweilutchinen, connect to Lauterbrunnen. Then the new Lauterbrunnen-Grutschalp cablecar, then train to Winteregg or Murren, or the bus to stechelberg and from there Schilthornbahn.
- Engetal blue from Birg. Usually awesome snow (its the highest of the Jungfrau, after the blackblack from schilthorn top, and the scenery is impressive, do go to the Piz Gloria in good weather, but don't do the black, its really black.
Unfortunately there is only a narrow black down from the engetal "kanonenrohr" (Canon-rumbling, called rightly so), so you'll have to use the schilthorn bahn down to murren from Birg.
- Blue runs to and from Maulerhubel/Winteregg chairs
Schiltgrat side I don't have in memory well, cannot tell you the easy-no-nasty-suprises runs there.
- In good snow (if it happens this season) you may be able to do the Winteregg-Lauterbrunnen run. It is one long and narrow forest trail, signed red...
ski holidays
Ronald, very detiled....5 star rating Laughing Laughing

Schilgrat Ski area - it has 3 easy blues and the rest are gentle reds, nice ski area and excellent views but try and avoid the Gimmelin T-bar and ski back to the Schiltgrat chair.
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, "know your ski area" Wink

I have to leave the day before the MSB starts Sad
Thing is my co-worker in Holland would like to see some snow as well this season, so I cannot stay longer...
snow report
Ronald wrote:
glennyb,
From Mannlichen:
- The blue from top to Mannlichen Chair.
- The wiiide red to Mannlichen chair: first section is the most difficult, but you can use the start of the blue to avoid that section (red and blue cross after the difficult section)
From Kleine Scheidegg:
- Blue to Brandegg or short variation to Arven. It rocks, period. Was the first thing I skiied, after 1 time big figeler (the 'advanced' nursery) in Wengen.
- Lauberhorn Red!!! Its a lovely very gentle red, without nasty suprises.

fantastic, I have no idea where any of those runs are and I go up every day Laughing

lauberhorn red?? Is that start bar to tipi?

Expect not much from me the next few days/weeks, I generally get really angry, sarcastic and generally a pain in the ass when the tourists start arriving for the european school holidays, which they did this evening, better I post nothing than get half of this forum coming to paste my face in. Very Happy

as they say, no news is good news.
ski holidays
Lauberhorn red is the one from the top of the chair/start hut to the tipi.
latest report
and red is easier than blue or is blue supposed to be easier?
snow report
stab, you cant disappear we need you to tell us the conditions Laughing
latest report
stab, Well thats a pity as i was going to offer to by you a beer when i arrived this week
latest report
Chris Brookes, if it gets bad I'll tell you, if you dont hear from me then it's good. Very Happy

I really am a bit unstable when it comes to large numbers of tourists on MY mountain. Laughing Evil or Very Mad
snow report
stab, So you are not a great fan of Club Med
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy