Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Slight update on the weather, the snow will now not start until lunchtime at the earliest and may not occur at village level untill late afternoon, by tuesday morning the villages should have between 5 and 10 cm of new snow, by Wednesday morning with a lot of luck this will have increased to arround 30cm with more snow higher up, it looks like the best of the snow will fall further south, St Moritz could get up to 120cm of snow on the surrounding peaks by the end of wednesday
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DG Orf,
Have you seen the thread on Snow reports forum "Free 16 day forecasts for the non GFS-literate"
It looks interesting (and helpful. It must be better than snow forecast!

We have relatives joining us from Canada when we go to Wengen at the end of February, and I think we have persuaded them NOT to cancel the trip because of the poor snow. A lot can happen in 6 weeks. Please tell me my optimism is not misplaced.

I've just read your previous posts - Sorry you won't be in Wengen this year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Brookes, Murren was pretty on the day we arrived Very Happy ...then absolutely drenched for 2 days with non-stop heavy drizzle Skullie. Skiing over those 2 days was severely limited by the high winds closing Birg and Schilthorn (and obviously there wasn't any skiing on the winteregg side) and further limited on the first day by the Inferno GS Sad . I'm afraid the rain washed a lot of snow off the slopes so that things, already not great, deteriorated. On Inferno (proper) day the sun came out again, Engetal and Rigli were open for skiing, and all was back to smiles and great views Smile. The Palace isn't exactly luxurious (4* Confused ) but the staff were generally helpful and friendly and we found the HB food to be pretty good, so no real complaints. It was certainly nice to be able to use the sports centre pool for free and without having to go outdoors! If the snow had been good we'd've thought the Palace very well located. Even with poor snow it wasn't too bad and though the Jungfrau seems to be in the best location we were just glad we weren't in the Eiger! Toofy Grin Also we thought it was the Schilthorn cableway end of the village in particular that is very pretty. Conclusion - lovely place but our trip was marred by the weather/conditions/Inferno!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
slikedges, Its such a shame the weather and snow depth want great while visiting Murren as its makes such a difference. Do you have any pictures to view of Murren and would you go back again and if so what would you chance ? Did you have a meal or a drink at the Jungfrau ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf wrote:
it looks like the best of the snow will fall further south, St Moritz could get up to 120cm of snow on the surrounding peaks by the end of wednesday

that would be so unfair..

all weather models should the region having a really good dumping but now it stating under 20cms.......OMG Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
it looks outside like it's on the verge of snowing but then again it looked like that all day. But do me roughly with a spoon it's cold out there. Skullie

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 22-01-07 22:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, will you look outyour window and let us know if its snowing at the moment .. Little Angel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, i just was posting to ask you to look outside for me and you left a post the same time Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
woah, freaky double posting going on Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Woah....two snowheads online at the same time...shocker Shocked wink wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
that is weird !

So..no snow at the moment...aint that just great Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Elizabeth B, who pulled your chain wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Brookes, can't imagine Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
right, I have 2 doobies to smoke, I'm off outside to do my snowdance. I'm not coming back in until I see snow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab, hope to see you back this month!!
latest report
Chris Brookes wrote:
slikedges, Its such a shame the weather and snow depth want great while visiting Murren as its makes such a difference. Do you have any pictures to view of Murren and would you go back again and if so what would you chance ? Did you have a meal or a drink at the Jungfrau ?

I have a few pics that I'll upload to the Zone in the next few days - I'll post a link on this thread when I do. Not sure what you mean by what I'd chance however I'd love to ski from Schilthorn to Lauterbrunnen at some point so I'm sure I'll go back again - just that I'd have to make much more sure that there'd be snow for me when I got there! Despite passing it daily, was on HB and never did go for that drink at the Jungfrau Blush.
latest report
I give up, it's too cold. I fail to see why it's not snowing, it's cold, wengen is in a cloud but still it doesn't snow, ah well, off to bed.
snow conditions
cheat wink
ski holidays
No snow down yet down here in Bern .
ski holidays
No new snow anywhere in the region yet..and will it happen Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
I give up, really I do. I never had this problem with skateboarding. WHY DOESN'T IT SNOW Puzzled Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
slikedges, meant to say 'change' not chance
snow report
stab, are you doing snow dances or what !! lol...as i dont see any new snow Laughing
snow report
I despair, I really do. My girlfriend says it's snowing on scheidegg but it seems to be the wind blowing it from the jungfrau rather than real snow.
I don't think I'll go up today, far too icey. I'm also too disappointed. I really thought I would wake up this morning and see 50cm of snow at my door. Sad
snow report
Hi stab,
Any sign of snow? As usual all the optimistic forecasts seem to have come to nothing Ah well, I suppose there is still time before i arrive end of feb
snow conditions
Just spoken to Steve at Central Sport in Wengen. It's pretty stormy at the top today with a southerly wind. Snowing hard in other resorts to the south-east. The storm is expected to move aside tonight and allow the snow to get to the Bernese Oberland.

Fingers crossed.
snow report
please god let it snow this happens at the end of march- not now! Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
it kind of snowed most of the day on scheidegg but very light. Just got back down and it's snowing better in the village, the roads are starting to turn white again.
Quote:

It's pretty stormy at the top today with a southerly wind

I don't get that bit to be honest, mannlichen was blue skies and sunny today, was a bit windy on the top of lager and scheidegg was getting all the cloud from the jungfrau.

Now for the bad news Madeye-Smiley A farmer my girlfriend spoke to today said don't expect more than 3 cms and then it won't snow for a long time, god I hope he's wrong.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
current state of play outside my house at 17:30
http://i11.tinypic.com/2e16gro.jpg

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 24-01-07 8:41; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
^^^ looks a lot better than yesterday that's for sure. You'll soon be rebuilding the quarter-pipe Very Happy Roll-on Saturday, just booked a table at Sina's Toofy Grin
latest report
I think it will be more than 3cm but probably not enough to piste Sad It doesn't look much better in the long term with no significant snowfall in the forseable future, I hope I'm wrong, the only possible bright side is that the weather should be sufficiently cold for artificial snow to be made
ski holidays
that picture is already out of date, it's all covered now. Very Happy
ski holidays
stab, the last time I was near your house at arround this time of year that fence in the picture was almost invisible because all bar the top 2-3 inches of the posts was below snow level Shocked

The railway tracks at kl Scheidegg can still just be seen through the cloud so I'd say they've only got 5 perhaps at best 10 cm of new snow up there, the cloud is too thick to see anything on the Murren web camera
ski holidays
stab, how is it outside, is it still snowing.

The webcam in Murren hasnt been working for the last couple of days and is stuck on old pictures so cant tell at all.
ski holidays
not really no, went out an hour ago and I can still see my footprints out there.
snow report
stab, any snow news wink
snow conditions
So the good news is there is more snow in the area than there was 24 hours, and my glass being half full I see this as a really positive trend. Whereas the hoped for predictions of 50+ cms of snowfall may not come through, I am confident next week that whilst my glass may become less than half full, it will rapidly be filled up again! Roll on the Tanne (and indeed any other bar in Wengen - I may be optimistic about everything, but I ain't choosy) Very Happy
ski holidays
AdrianV, it aint over till the fat lady sings wink you never know we could wake up with a good amount of snow in the morning
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab, any snow news wink

very lightly snowing, but I can hear cannons going as well. Tomorrow could be the day I get my enthusiasm back, went a bit stale this week. I took to head butting piste poles with my helmet at speed Laughing
snow conditions
snowing much better now, 5cm outside.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy