Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3V Snow 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
red 27 wrote:
russ_e, Saturday will be stormy!

Saturday will dump about 50cm of fresh snow Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
troublemaker wrote:
Just as I leave 3V it chucks it down with snow! Sad

Last week was pretty good actually, sunny every day but a bit icy in the afternoons (I was in VT). However I can echo the comments about rocks showing through in places.

The worst thing was my flight out there last Sunday, Gatwick to Chambery - 7.5 hours! 2 aborted landings, 1 diversion to Grenoble where we spent 3+ hours sat on the runway ... nightmare!

Were you with Esprit or Total? Some of the guests in the chalet I was in in La Ros were on that flight and one that got diverted to Nice and had to do a bus transfer all the way. We were on a Manchester flight that just got in before the weather closed in again!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Better order some chains on Saturday ... assuming we land at Chambery
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevew wrote:
Were you with Esprit or Total? Some of the guests in the chalet I was in in La Ros were on that flight and one that got diverted to Nice and had to do a bus transfer all the way. We were on a Manchester flight that just got in before the weather closed in again!
Total. It was the 06:25 from Gatwick with Titan airways.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
russ_e wrote:
Saturday will dump about 50cm of fresh snow Smile

wind, dude, wind is your enemy up there... the further over to Courchevel the better if the weather does what is forecast - VT will be shut down
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
troublemaker wrote:
stevew wrote:
Total. It was the 06:25 from Gatwick with Titan airways.

Yes that sounds like the one, we landed at 10:15 then another flight (Bristol) got diverted to Nice,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fantastic conditions today in VT, fresh snow during the night, leaving roughly shin deep powder over all the pistes, off piste great, still a little rocku if you don’t look out. Cloudy to start with, but cleared up by 10, blue skies almost all day.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Awesome conditions in Meribel and Courchevel today, with knee-deep, super-light & fluffy powder (you know the stuff...10 seconds later and you can still see it hanging in the air...) and blue skies... and hardly anyone out there...
Doesn't get much better than that!! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
it was really really good today as offpisteskiing said. even had a few face shots, best snow i have had here since last year...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, course going OK?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, pretty cruisy so far with variables today due to conditions and some CT Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad when we had perfect snow everywhere. CT went well as i just had a week on that. Variables just under a 5 so some work to do.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, he's grading you already? That's early for that isn't it? Gotta love doing CT when the snow's good Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, more of a see how everyone was at by request, nothing formal. 1 easy 6, 3-4's and rest 5's good strong group with three easy passes (2 FIS racers and one very good Freeride guy) rest are pretty good and i am in the lower end... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
***SIGH*** (I left on Sunday.) Sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, close to a 5 sounds a promising start. What sort of terrain was that on?
snow report
GS ing a very chopped up red and funnelling to shorts... but this is a bit off topic and i already scolded someone on this thread a while back Embarassed
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
GS ing a very chopped up red and funnelling to shorts

Mmm, sounds nice. I do love blender drills. Apologies for thread drift Smile
ski holidays
Had to leave yesterday morning, still suffering from the pain of seeing all those fat skis heading up the hill in the rear view mirror.

Having said that Monday was one of the best days skiing of my life. There is a God after all...
latest report
hero snow everywhere in meribel today quite cold and firm pistes... perfect hooning conditions Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Can't really comment on the pistes today, having been touring with a guide. Who just happens to have met BernardC and the infamous Romanian! Original plan altered due to off piste avalanche risks...
latest report
Perfect powder to be had again today... and blue skies... doesn't get much better. Fresh tracks all day... but ... be wary out there - plenty of soft slab about, and some fairly sizeable releases from what I saw...
snow conditions
sat in bar in les menuires conditions fantastic snowing again!!! no worries for anyone coming next week enjoy Toofy Grin
snow report
Spot the skier:

Perfect powder:

latest report
carla4221 wrote:
no worries for anyone coming next week

There's the heavy rain forcast for this Friday, and the -20C temperatures expected on Monday. An expert worrier like me can always find something to worry about.
latest report
Hoping the snowline moves down on Friday ... J2Ski at 1573m this evening
latest report
Sunshine and powder on the menu again today..

Started snowing again this evening...very heavy snow forecast, but with temperatures going up (rain/snow limit - 1800?) then back down again, with very strong winds forecast as well...
latest report
raining lightly at 1700 at 9 this am Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad stay high chappies
latest report
Dumping in VT, next expected clear day is Sunday....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
offpisteskiing wrote:
Lots of wind today with the snow.. most lifts shut up high this afternoon, but a nice layer of fresh already building.. Rain/snow limit about 1100 this afternoon, but definitely 'wet' snow above that for a bit.

Hi

Do you do off piste guiding in the 3V? I am doing a season and living in Reberty, Les Menuires. I would be really up for some guiding around good off piste. Please could you email me some info if so? My email is dippyandproud@yahoo.com.

Thanks
latest report
dippyandproud, certainly does. See here: www.offpisteskiing.com
snow conditions
Lifts closed shortly after lunch due to strong winds, the snow coming down feels very wet. Apparently raining down in Le Men, rain/snow line reported to be 1900m!
latest report
dippyandproud, will email some info tomorrow.

One word to describe today..... Minging...

Rain up to 1900/2000, strong winds, barely a lift open... Bit of a contrast to yesterdays awesome conditions..!!
Heavy snow again in next 24 hours, rain/snow limit fluctuating between 1800 and 800m according to various sources... going to be very dangerous out there when it does clear (Sunday)..
ski holidays
offpisteskiing, central theme in the pouring rain all day... yummm...

best skiing of the year early in the week followed by the worst of all time today... leg breaker slush, rain and howling winds. no fun. rain and snow mixed at 1700 tonight, who knows what the real deal will be tommorrow...
snow report
Rain has stopped at Le Praz. Its a mild night & piste bashers are about. Should make a great base if expected snow comes o/n / tomorrow.
snow report
Still chucking it down with snow this morning in VT, it is much nicer than yesterday's wet sticky snow, this is nice and fluffy. The road upto VT was closed between 4-5am and 6-7am for avalanche blasting.
ski holidays
light snow at 1700 this morning and -4 at 2400 currently so should hold !!!
latest report
Loadsa snow down in Bozel this morning (850m) & forecast looks pretty good for this week re freezing levels - more precipitation due buts looks like it should snow quite low if it comes..
snow report
Loadsa snow here in Villarlurin this morning too (800m). Snowed from about 2am this morning, stopping shortly before noon. Had around 10-20cm at 800m, maybe 20-40 higher. Fresh snow was to mid-calf on the lower slopes around Meribel, but almost all higher lifts were closed all day for avalanche clearance. Snow a little wet below about 1500m but excellent above that.
latest report
Just got back. Its NOOKLERIZING. Bit of rain yesterday (sodden) and windy as hell closing everything off, bombing and gazex like crazy this AM. You lucky lucky blighters if you're still out there and it settles down a bit.
ski holidays
I think it's going to be peachy tomorrow Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy