Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2023/24 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc

Poster: A snowHead
We got out of les Menuires first thing on Roc 1 then onto Becca as it opened so first few runs were fresh powder. Problem then was higher lifts not open so middle
Lifts had queues but not too bad. Down to Meribel was fine until junction at Mottaret - absolute carnage. Trains of ski school, people videoing middle piste or just having a chat with 100mph experts flying through.
Weather changed quickly so back over into Les Menuires and visibility not great. Last day today. First time in 3v, wouldn’t come again school holidays but definitely boys long weekend in March option. Snowing steadily
At Preyerand as we speak.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wasn’t too bad in courchevel today was a bit of of queue for a few lifts but we just skied to others. A bit of hard pack and ice around in 1650 and the blue back to La Tania was an ice rink lower down
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guys, any real-time weather Outlook for 3 Vallees ....particularly Meribel....we're heading out next Tuesday. Cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try the 3V app.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Screensurfer wrote:
Guys, any real-time weather Outlook for 3 Vallees ....particularly Meribel....we're heading out next Tuesday. Cheers

Between now and then light snow, light winds, coldish.

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Courchevel/6day/mid

After then it's way too early to say. Even the backend of the above forecast is unreliable.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Went into the Méribel valley today, continued straight on to the next, didn’t enjoy skiing down from loze into meribel so continued to st Martin, les menures and up to val thorens. Best snow along the ridge and in val.

Keeping high away from where it will have rained is definitely the best snow at the moment

Looks like more snow on the way over next few days.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We tried to get to La Masse yesterday (Wed 3rd) but the main gondola was not running and we got stuck in Les Menuires for over an hour in queues trying to get out. The run in down Teppes from Meribel had been great but the queues later were some of the worst we have had in over 30 years skiing.
Today (Thurs 4th) we had great skiing in VT with vitually no queues and wonderful snow. The run down Combe Rosael black was in excellent condition with soft bumps all the way down once we had negotiated the get in route with wind blown high ridges. All high runs have lovely soft snow but be warned it quickly forms bumps - that we like, hence the names mogulski and Mrmogulski.
Snow forecast for the next few days and getting much colder.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why so busy?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bezthespaniard, New year, school holidays, generally the busiest 2 weeks of the year plus a broken gondola!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our first visit next Tuesday.....so does that mean it'll be less-busy next week?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yes, @Screensurfer, it should be much less busy next week. There have been reports from all over that this Christmas/New Year has been particularly busy. Several experienced people saying busier than they've ever known. Skiing at New Year is for people with no choice, I reckon!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Screensurfer, yes should be a great week with the fresh snow, loads less people and colder temps!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fantastic. We've skiied at this time in Austria and Italy and usually had the place to ourselves (spoiled...I know)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been snowing all day plenty of fresh snow and still coming down today. Day off from skiing went for a walk through the forest
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone got any idea what the weather will be like 15/01-20/01. Difficult I know but trying to book a last minute holiday but don’t want to have poor visibility. Wondered if anyone is familiar with the jet stream or looking at high/low pressure to determine the likely hood of snow.
ski holidays
@Joehdhchdhd, nobody knows that far out.
snow report
I get that but it seems the weather comes in phases. You’ll get 3 weeks say of sun and then 3 weeks of snow, just wondered if you could work it out with where the jet stream is positioned
snow conditions
@Joehdhchdhd, there is a weather outlook thread keep an eye there recent posts from Polo talk about the jet stream, but the weather isn't that predictable, think last year we had 2 months of a blocking high

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5225587#5225587
snow report
@Joehdhchdhd, if worried about poor vis go somewhere with trees
ski holidays
Trees didn't even save me today, seemed gross vis everywhere
ski holidays
Joehdhchdhd wrote:
I get that but it seems the weather comes in phases. You’ll get 3 weeks say of sun and then 3 weeks of snow, just wondered if you could work it out with where the jet stream is positioned
Mountain weather doesn’t quite work like that.
latest report
How many days would you say the forecasts are accurate for?
ski holidays
Joehdhchdhd wrote:
How many days would you say the forecasts are accurate for?

Probably a half day in advance for possible accuracy or sometimes right now for total accuracy. As in I am here and snow is falling. Eh oh!
latest report
Class powder has formed. Where would people suggest skiing? It looks horrible everywhere currently for vis. Think I'm just gunna stay indoors until Wednesday
snow report
Thew2002 wrote:
Class powder has formed. Where would people suggest skiing? It looks horrible everywhere currently for vis. Think I'm just gunna stay indoors until Wednesday
Where are you based?
ski holidays
Head for the trees in Meribel for better visibility and definition.
ski holidays
Yes. Head down to the Altiport and then lap the Golf chair - the blue Lapin and the trees on the side are one of life’s great pleasures. I presume Raffort is closed? If not, then what are you waiting for?
ski holidays
Viz was terrible yesterday only below 1800m was clear. Did a couple of runs and called it a day.

Mixture week some good skiing and some not so great where the ice was coming through, leaving today with fluffy snow on the ground was a bit depressing Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mr P had an epic morning in the knee deep powder above St M and down to Le Raffort (closed but skiable). Had to come home by lunchtime as he was so knackered. He did say the vis at the top was pants, but it didn’t seem to hold him back.

I’m still nursing my broken humerus sustained 5 weeks ago today. Things are getting better by the day, helped by excellent a physio sessions here in St M. I can’t deny being suitably jealous of those who got to ski today. Dog had fun with me on a walk though! https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1zLkzBt_X9/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
latest report
Echo Mr P’s report. Also good powder around Plattieres and Combes but poor vis. Raffort was officially open late morning. Very few people out compared to last week. Glad to hear that Mrs P’s arm is getting better. It’s still snowing but forecast to clear on Tuesday.
latest report
Heading to St Martin on Saturday for a week, and looking forward to it. Not expecting a repeat of the fantastic powder we experienced on the PSB in Tignes in December, but will take what we are given.
snow conditions
Hi thread

Heading to the 3 valleys for the first time at the end of the month, staying in Meribel. I've been told to avoid the Ours piste back to town as it's a diasaster for boarders. Could anyone advise on the best runs to take back coming from Courchevel and VT and also any pistes in general to avoid as a boarder?
ski holidays
Quote:

Where are you based?

Based in Meribel, I went out Saturday and called it after one run. Went up adret and couldn't see a thing, went down to meribel village and it was similar sadly. After that experience I had yesterday off. Do people have some god-tier goggles for visibility? I still seem to have people fly passed me as if it was a bluebird day!
ski holidays
@Thew2002, there are low light lenses for googles, if yours are aimed at sunny days and blocking out bright light they not help!!
snow conditions
Thew2002 wrote:
Quote:

Where are you based?

Based in Meribel, I went out Saturday and called it after one run. Went up adret and couldn't see a thing, went down to meribel village and it was similar sadly. After that experience I had yesterday off. Do people have some god-tier goggles for visibility? I still seem to have people fly passed me as if it was a bluebird day!

Shame ... it must have been quite bad if you didn't enjoy the run down to Village ...

I swear by these goggles - I always carry a rose lens in my jacket pocket if there's a possibility of cloud / low visibility. Very easy to change (2 clips on the goggle frame).

https://uk.dragonalliance.com/pages/styles-snow-goggles
latest report
Perty wrote:
Mr P had an epic morning in the knee deep powder above St M and down to Le Raffort (closed but skiable). Had to come home by lunchtime as he was so knackered. He did say the vis at the top was pants, but it didn’t seem to hold him back.

I’m still nursing my broken humerus sustained 5 weeks ago today. Things are getting better by the day, helped by excellent a physio sessions here in St M. I can’t deny being suitably jealous of those who got to ski today. Dog had fun with me on a walk though! https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1zLkzBt_X9/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Spud - I'm in love snowHead
latest report
Thank you! I will have to do some research. I think the fact I am quite a nervous skier doesn't help the white out days, if you can ride out bumps you don't see I can see it being much easier. This is my view from my flat today (think we're between 1500m and 1600m).
snow report
Just realised I can't add photos here, sorry!
snow conditions
Coming Sunday and desperate for a couple of bluebird days. Don’t want crap visibility all week

Forecast keeps changing
snow report
bezthespaniard wrote:
Coming Sunday and desperate for a couple of bluebird days. Don’t want crap visibility all week

Forecast keeps changing

And it will continue to change Smile From my amateur eyes looks like this might be a nice week for bluebirds, next weeks (16/17th onwards) looks more interesting at the moment, but a long way away in forecasting terms.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy