Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs snow report 2007/2008 season

Poster: A snowHead
andybabes, im staying in sharons place next week thanks to bernard recomendation.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
YIPPIE!!
6.5hrs till i leave, and only two more sleeps till i can get back out on the slopes!
cant believe the conditions this early. will make up for the rubbish conditions we had earlier this year. Les Gets was rank, skiing across mud at some points
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
surfstar, you jammy bug.... let me know how you get on and which are the comfiest beds so i get a head start on the rest claiming my bed. any tips on were to park [if your in car of course] were to eat etc etc. but most of all have a brilliant time.
regards andrew
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another sunny day with loads of powder on untouched snow, what dreams are made off, except for the hiking and a few car lifts up, but the skidoo was fun.

Tomorrow the lifts open so it can only get better, but the down side, more people, we will be eight just in our group so might have to spread out to find some nice tracks.

The snow depth is slowly going down, in the valley it is still holding up so skiing to Bourg was again possible. But tomorrow might be the last time. Higher up it is great but unstable, so care needs to be taken, deep powder or loss snow on NO base, very good for slides and there has already been some. The temp is staying low so that is good. Even in the day it was not much above freezing.

Clear sky tonight, heavy frost so ice crystals tomorrow.

Time for bed, an early start tomorrow.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowcrazy,

You can ski right down to Bourg? Amazing. What was it like?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Its awful looking at webcam pictures wiht people skking in them and you're not there Sad 3 weeks tomorrow Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andybabes, Ill try to post when im out there to let you know what its like. Driving out at 3:00AM on tuesday till the 30th. cant wait i just hope the snow holds up
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
surfstar, .... have a great time .... Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BernardC, Thanks Bernard, photos will be inbound as soon as i find internet
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Are you guys all to busy enjoying the snow to come and tell us what its like?

Go on, make me very jealous!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Martin Nicholas, 2 weeks Sunday for us. Stopped looking at cams so much it is depressing. When your lads trip?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great news!!
We arrive in Bourg a week on sat to ski in les arc over new year after xmas week in meribel.

Hold on to that snow!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have just come back from Villaroger, where I unfortunately didn't get to ski, as the lifts didn't open until yesterday.....for those of you looking to clock up the K's by skiing the entire Paradiski area, I heard some rather alarming reports, and the rumour amongst the locals appears to be that the cable car may not be up and running for some (if not most) of this season. Can't confirm I'm afraid, and although my sources were good, they could only confirm the rumour, not the actual source....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guvnor, which cablecar? The Aiguille Rouge, the Vanoise Express? I heard that one of the Vanoise Express cablecars might be out of action but the other one would run.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry, the Vanoise express....I was lead to believe that whilst one is definately out of action, the other may be operating on a more limited basis when conditions allow (i.e just often enough so no refunds are given on pre-purchased passes...)

My sources were ESF La Plagne, a guide from Villaroger, and a couple of local independent business owners.....
snow report
Guvnor, OK, I'll report how it is over Christmas.
snow conditions
Guvnor, personally that's good news, means the Pistes down to Vallandry will be quieter
snow report
Won't beimpressed though we are going 1st week of Jan when the place is dead but only one car running will still be a pain Sad . rob@rar, Keep us posted with any news please:sH:
latest report
gwaelod,
Arriving 19th Jan, first lift up...
Boris, just so snowHead
ski holidays
Martin Nicholas, I'll beat you on to it Toofy Grin
snow conditions
http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/incident-on-the-vanoise-express/

Shocked Confused
latest report
geri wrote:
http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/incident-on-the-vanoise-express/

Shocked Confused

That's not related to the current situation (whatever that is). That accident reported on Piste Hors was from the testing period prior to the lift opening to the public. Difficult to imagine how the cable car pilot didn't see the station coming rolling eyes
ski holidays
rob@rar, Ah, didnt check the date Embarassed
snow conditions
Have just read on the forum de paradiski that the Vanoise will be out of action for 7 months. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Am willing to bet that the man in charge of the Vanoise is not taking calls. The information was posted by Anne over on RG's site and she works in the tourist office and says it offical. Out of action for 7 months. If it is correct it is terrible publicity fo the area Shocked Mad
snow report
gwaelod, Especially after the big publicity push they have had this autumn. Glad I have booked the Les Arcs pass, but they are still allowing one to book a Paradiskis pass on line - just tried it as a test for Sat 2nd Feb. Ouch Puzzled Shocked
latest report
Martin Nicholas, Big Fork up on someones part. Bit disappointed as we are paying a lot to stay in Peisey to be close to the Vanoise as we like going both sides. Still not going to cry over soemthing I can't change, will still see snow and plenty in Les Arcs to keep us busy. Toofy Grin

As for the website updating, it takes them at least 7 months to realise that Winter happens so a change at short notice. Bet you can still order Paradski passes in 4 months Laughing

This is the thread for those that can speak French where the latest is.

http://thermique74.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20782#20782
snow conditions
how can it take seven months to fix something?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
northantsred, How come they notice it 1 days before opening Puzzled I suppose the lenght of wire they need may not be available in the local B&Q snowHead Laughing
snow report
Boris wrote:
Guvnor, personally that's good news, means the Pistes down to Vallandry will be quieter

Will stick with this then Cool
ski holidays
I emailed STAG regarding my ski pass & asked them about the Vanoise Express.

Their response:

And for the Vanoise Express, we don't have yet any information.

Regards,
Sylvie
SMA/STAG INTERNET
Le Chalet des Villards
73700 LES ARCS 1800
Fax : 33 4 79 04 24 19
contact@ski-lesarcs.com

Hmmm rolling eyes
ski holidays
geri, There is more on annual passes have pm'ed you my letter.
latest report
boredsurfin, Confused I've not received anything from them. I'd emailed them because I we hadnt received ours yet (panic) but they have just electronically recharged them....apparently Confused
snow conditions
arrived last wednesday at 1800 and the resort was empty, plenty of snow to go round, not a soul anywhere.......until yesterday! Every man and there dog has arrived and spolit it lol. It snowed 2 nights ago about 4 inches not that it needed it. Not sure what the forecast is for the next week?
Currently having a beer in the Blue Bar along with a very expensive soup.
ski holidays
surfstar,

You will be on the web cam then Laughing

http://www.bluebar.fr
snow conditions
Were in Les Arcs 1800 too, arrived Sat morning (without our dog!!!) But did notice all the yellow snow and dog poo everywhere!!!
Bou-Bou Wifi from apartment! Very Happy
Just been taking easy today on Free Chantel lift, mrs airgirl got old injury so just building her confidence up
Had great day today and a good many more to come.
Conditions are 100 times better than this time last year. Very Happy
latest report
For those that can speak French, report on RGs site about the closure of the Vanoise for the season

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm
ski holidays
OH.MY.DAYS!
got back on sunday early morning from a week there.
the snow conditions were amazing the first few days, but they got a bit icy towards the end of the week. snowpark was still being built, but the smaller kickers were fun to hit for a novice like me. stacked it hard on a 180, but on carvers though :S haha.
pistes were absolutely empty pretty much.
Ballette(sp?) is the best run in the resort. if you saw a group of about 10, 7skiers 3 boarders just bombing the whole lot, that would have been us Very Happy hahaha.
it looked like it was going to snow on saturday when we left, so hopefully the conditions will pick back up again.
was such an amazing week, one word of advice though, dont go on a holiday with Ski Alpine, the words 'wee wee-up' and 'brewery' come to mind. absolute shambles.

peace.
Sam
snow conditions
Excellent on piste conditions today in Les Arcs, especially above 1800m. Below that the piste is getting fairly hard-packed and a little bit icy on runs which have man made snow on them. But generally very good skiing conditions, with fast, grippy snow. This is great for getting the skis onto an edge and using them properly, but unfortunately too many people slithering sideways at uncontrolled speeds.

Although it's Christmas the resort is surprisingly quiet, as can be seen in this photo taken in the middle of the day above Vallandry:

The weather today was just above perfect - blue skies for most of the day, no wind and temperatures just below freezing. There doesn't seem to be any significant snow forecast for the resort for a few days at least, but temperatures should stay at seasonal average or slightly lower so the snow should hold up well as we head towards the New Year when more skiers will (should?) arrive.
snow report
Mostly overcast today, but temperatures still cold enough to keep the snow in good condition. It brightened a little during the afternoon. Spent most of the morning snowploughing with a group of 13 year olds and most of the afternoon stalking the Milka Cow for free chocolate. Oh happy days...

The resort is still fairly quiet, with no lift queues whatsoever.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy