Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday 2024

Poster: A snowHead
Yes, so disappointed when SkiSunday don’t show that week’s slalom as I have to watch it via YouTube on Eurosport (not entirely sure what language the commentary is in ) as our TV budget is taken entirely by Disney/Netflix …. bills I pay but, the allocation over which I have ZERO say
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agree, now just watch it to see how Dave Ryding is doing …..so very disappointed when SS doesn’t show that week’s slalom …as then I am reduced to watching it on my phone via Eurosport (not entirely sure what language the commentary is ) unfortunately our household TV budget is ring fenced for Disney/Netflix and watching endless films where Superheroes beat the **** out of each other …..a budget I fund entirely, but the allocation over which I appear to have no say ! Eh oh!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@HarryPalmer, for £40 a year (or thereabouts) I think the Eurosport Player sub is very reasonable, you can then also watch it on the App if you have a smart TV or a computer
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mmh worth considering
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SnoodyMcFlude, they’ve just stopped this & want to charge I think £8.99 a month so I’ve closed my account.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you have a VPN you can watch the whole lot live on SRF (Swiss TV). Even if you don’t speak German, it doesn’t really matter as the vocabulary used by the commentators is pretty limited and you'll soon pick it up, though you may find they’re a bit biased towards the Swiss and (strangely) the British skiers.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
@HarryPalmer, for £40 a year (or thereabouts) I think the Eurosport Player sub is very reasonable, you can then also watch it on the App if you have a smart TV or a computer

I havent seen this price for some years now. I just get the monthly subscription for the ski season then ditch it when its over.

telford_mike wrote:
If you have a VPN you can watch the whole lot live on SRF (Swiss TV). Even if you don’t speak German, it doesn’t really matter as the vocabulary used by the commentators is pretty limited and you'll soon pick it up, though you may find they’re a bit biased towards the Swiss and (strangely) the British skiers.

I didnt know that, good to know, might give it a go
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gordyjh, that's annoying, just looked and my first £7 payment is due at the end of May. I've often talked about what good value it was, not so sure as they're doubling it. I suppose if you only want to watch the skiing then it's still basically 40 quid because you only need subscribe for 4 months.

I wonder if it'll be worth it for them? Strikes me that a lot will cancel their subscription

@ster, I've been routinely paying £40 a year for a long time, including my current subscription.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SnoodyMcFlude, my thoughts exactly
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I get eurosport and discovery plus in my sky package l. If I didn't have that I would certainly pay for skiing and cycle racing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This thread seems to have morphed from Ski Sunday topic to climate change (being discussed elsewhere). Putting it back on track, I was out there for the Chamonix race and it was interesting to see Chemmy, Ed and the production team (1 editor, 1 producer, 1 cameraman) working behind the scenes and doing the links.

Interesting point I learned - they edit the racing first, then send it to Matt Chilton or Graham Bell who then add their commentary on top from the UK (or wherever they are at the time).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx wrote:
I get eurosport and discovery plus in my sky package l. If I didn't have that I would certainly pay for skiing and cycle racing

The same for me with a basic TV only Virgin Media package. I couldn’t do without Eurosport for live winter sports and TdF (I prefer watching their cycling coverage over ITV’s). I’ve had this since the mid-90’s era of Maier, Cuche, Aamodt. One of my passions, so why not.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 12-02-24 10:27; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@iainm, I think it's valid to have further discussion relating to items on the show, and the climate change arguments were relatively brief and done with earlier in the week.

I'm surprised if Chilton does post race comms when he's also commentating live, but always got the impression that Bell was doing it to an edited piece rather than the whole thing. As he's not commentating for any reason other than Ski Sunday it would seem crazy to make him talk on runs which will never been shown.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@ratkinsonuk, @Iainm's budget for the Ski Podcast is £3m!?! Blimey, someone has bought him a LOT of buymeacoffees Wink

Sorry, missed this one. I can confirm that my budget for The Ski Podcast is significantly less than £3m. I am researcher, presenter, editor and publisher. The pay per hour is terrible, but I love it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@SnoodyMcFlude, They revoice the highlight edit as if you're using the commentary from the full race, you may be referring to things which may not have made the edit and the cutting can make the audio seem more disjointed. You can reedit the audio but for a relatively short segment its easier, quicker and cheaper to rerecord if you are able.
snow report
Gainz wrote:
I'm a few weeks behind and just saw ed service his snowboard. I mean come on man, that was terrible.

Budgets have been slashed, so it's whatever ideas Chemmy and Ed can come up with to film in resort that week...
snow report
iainm wrote:
Gainz wrote:
I'm a few weeks behind and just saw ed service his snowboard. I mean come on man, that was terrible.

Budgets have been slashed, so it's whatever ideas Chemmy and Ed can come up with to film in resort that week...

I've got an idea for the show - They race each other le-mans style so they have to run over to where their skis/board and boots are, put the equipment on (to give Ed a fighting chance), race to the nearest on mountain apres-ski hut, take their skis/board off and stash them safely, get a beer, a schnapps and a jagermeister from the bar down them all in one whilst standing on a table, get back on their skis/board and ski back down to town as fast as possible, ideally in the dark avoiding pistebashers.

It would make it more like a real ski holiday then Happy
ski holidays
I watched the last episode last - really enjoyed it - especially the bit about Snowcamps.
ski holidays
The snowcamps bit was brillant. I would like to see more
snow report
They should have the whole show about snowcamps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy