Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling by train to French ski resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Lucywuk, we got a great price for the Mercure at Gare de Lyon, for a Saturday night in early March. Ideal for arriving on late evening train from Geneva. Less ideal for the first Eurostar home on Sunday morning, mind you!

I love @sugarmoma666, idea of a slide from the hotel into train. That would be ideal Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ve booked Citizen M. It was cheaper than the ibis. It was between that and Mercure. Still debating Eh oh! I always like booking free cancellation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're going to split the travel over two days, too nect year. We'll go as far as Paris on our outbound day, which then covers the home leg, and we'll leave Paris on the Saturday morning.
From September I'm off timetable on a Friday, meaning I don't need to be in school. We'll take advantage of that and pull the kids out for that Friday.
Going from home on the Saturday means that we can't get an early enough Eurostar to get us to Paris to make the fast train to Chambrey. Our options are to get the train to Lyon and change twice, meaning the better part of 4 hours on the slow train, or leave much later, get a fast train and arrive in Bourg at 2245.
By staying in Paris, we can get the fast train and be in Bourg for 1545. No time for skiing on the Saturday, but the opportunity to collect kit, which I prefer to do the day before our first ski day.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Owlette, when we stay in Paris we usually catch the 0745(ish) direct train, which gets you to Bourg far earlier than 1545.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@owlette I’m with you and the 11:42 to arrive at 15:45. May as well have a lie in and a wander round Paris in the morning perhaps.
We can’t check in until 5 at our accommodation anyway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nailed it with the lie in and a slower pace. I'm a lark, but Mr. O hates getting up, so whilst it wouldn't bother me needing to be on the 0745 train, that would be a hard sell to him and our 13 year old who is currently going through a sleep until noon phase. It's everyone's holiday, so it's about finding the sweet spot.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy