Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

nice to hear from you again reading your daily reports on the weather keeps me going , until our annual trip to the beautiful Neiderau.
Its like going home every year. I have skied bigger resorts mith lots more kms of piste but i have never met a better or nicer group of people than live and work in Neiderau. I learn't to ski there 30 years ago and my children will all have learn't to ski there. My 4 year old twin girls start this year.

I hope and wish you a great and snowy season and maybe i will see you there snowHead

woodworm
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,
What a lovely message! Yes, I too have been to many other places and as a family we decided to settle here for good due to the quality not necessarily quantity of the skiing and the fantastic people. Hope your twins enjoy their first time - maybe it will be our son, Martin who teaches them if you are using the Red Ski School! Lets all hope for a great snowy season again and keep looking at our webcam for live views of the snow!

Cheers, Carolyn
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

Yesterday we woke up to a covering of snow and this morning it is zero outside and looks like there has been a bit more. We are due to open on 19th so looks like the snow is right on time.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still snowing .......
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi
Is there a good covering now, are the snow cannons going.
do the locals think this weather will continue, have we got rid of that horrible warm weather. can't wait to get there
sorry for all the questions

cheers

Woodworm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey,
Questions are all good, so long as I can answer them! Yes the canons have been going for a few days now and there seems to be plenty snow so far. We live up on the sunny side of the valley and still have snow in the garden and looking across the valley all is white. Was talking to the head of the Ski School this morning and he seems calm and confident so that bodes well! Have a look for yourself with our webcam if you like and you can change the view to have a good look round. www.auhof.co.at

Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the update! It's good to hear that there's plenty of snow. I'm getting excited now about my visit for new year. I'll keep doing the snow dance. Thanks
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,
Keep on dancing Smile, seems to have warmed up a bit but the forecast is lots of snow at the end of this week. This is from the local radio who do seem to have been mostly right as far as I'm aware.
Cheers, Carolyn
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, looking forward to holiday in a few weeks, looking at forecast and wabcam and it seems snow is melting, getting worried!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey, don't panic the temperature has dropped to bekow freezing overnight and the snow cannons have been hard at work. There is snow expected at the weekend so all should be well for the season. We don't open for another week so still have time - but having said that I would very much like it to get on with the snow soon! Hope you have a great time in Niederau.

Carolyn
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Carolyn for keeping me informed of the snow. Staying in Hafenwirt, really looking forward to it
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My pleasure! Have you been before? Harfenwirt is lovely and very handy for the skiing, not to mention the harp playing!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Carolyn, where abouts is the Aufhof, We have stayed with Herbert in the Alpenland for the last 5 years and have come to Niederau for the last 9 years. We love the resort, the people and the Ski schools. Dave p.s We will be back on Feb 13th.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just been checking the webcam, and it looks like the temperature has dropped, and the snow has started! Woohooo!!! Let's hope this continues for the next two weeks!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi, well all the snow dances are working well, it has been snowing hard and still is and the village looks all set for next week (next week!!) The Auhof is on the Sonnberg which is on the sunny south side of the valley sort of opposite the Lanerkopfl (chairlift area rather than gondola area) We love the resort and people so much that we moved here permanently in August 2007 and it was the best thing we have ever done! Our older son works in the Ski School and has also just started the first brewery in the valley so we are very excited hoping everyone will enjoy it! Still snowing.......
ski holidays
Hi,
Snow has stopped and it is clear and cold - minus 4 - and the forecast is to stay cold or colder this week. The snow machines are still busy so we look like we are on for a great start to the season on Friday! Will keep you all in touch . Carolyn
snow report
Minus 8.4 this morning!
ski holidays
Hi Carolyn, thanks for weather updates, was looking at your webcam but its not online at mo unfortunately.
We are staying in Niederau for 7 nights on Jan 16 and fancy coming to have a look at your place for future reference if possible?
ski holidays
Hi,
Yes we are having some problems with the camera at the moment, hopefully not for too much longer! It is snowing and minus 7.4 this morning and looking good for Friday when we open. Do come up and see us during your stay, we would be very please to meet you and show you round and you can see for yourself the webcam's view! There are phone numbers on the website so just contact us while you're here and we will give you directions.
Cheers, Carolyn
snow report
Thanks good to hear its snowing Smile We will hopefully come up and meet you and take phone numbers off your website.
We stayed in Niederau last year and my wife and son fell in love with it
ski holidays
Hi,
Excellent, speak to soon , then!

Still very cold and my husband and I were the first on the gondola yesterday and it was awesome! Lovely sunshine and empty pistes, sons just back from skiing today and say the slopes are good although more snow would not be a bad thing. The forecast is some snow today and tomorrow with a huge amount on wednesday so will let you know. Cheers, Carolyn
latest report
Hi,
After a very cold few days it is only minus 5 this morning, forecast still saying more snow this week and the cannons are still busy. Conditions were pretty good yesterday and the sun shone all day yesterday.
Cheers, Carolyn
snow report
Well it has warmed up considerably but the forecast is for light snow today and 19cm on Christmas Day. Frosty overnight and looks cloudy now. Will let you know what happens next! Carolyn
snow report
Hi Carolyn,
Missing the webcam, looking at forecast looks like liltle snow, heading out in 2 weeks time would love one of your weather updates
snow report
Were you all at Janet's carol service on Christmas Day Carolyn? We were reminiscing about it - how all the various members of the family and friends got inveigled into reading the lesson each year.

The magical year in Niederau was when we went to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and when we came out it had started to snow and the local brass band was playing Silent Night... moist eyes all round.

Do enjoy reading all the news. And any news of the Brunner yet?
ski holidays
Hi, Sorry for the lack of info, snow is still ok, much colder now and the upper slopes are fine. We do need snow, though to be honest. the forecast seems to keep changing and we are better just to look outside at the moment. A sunny day today and clear skies now. Yes, we are involved in the carol service - have just done the reading for the third year running and this year it was snowing heavily all Christmas afternoon which was very special, as you say, when we all came out in the dark! The Brunner is still not sold - the bottom bit that used to be the bank has been taken over as the ski hire part of Blachfelders this year and has been painted up smartly. The rest is much the same really - just right - well for us anyway! Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
carolyn, Hi

God I'm missing your webcam images. Any news yet on when they are likely to be back up and running.
snow conditions
Still awaiting parts for the webcam - sorry!! We had a sunny start and then rain in the village and snow up at the top, turning colder and 12 cm forecast for tomorrow. Cheers, Carolyn
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Happy New Year to everyone!

The snow started yesterday and is still coming down and the forecast is to carry on tonight and sun tomorrow but staying cold. More snow through the week is predicted so the conditions will be lovely. Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
thank you so much for all your updates, countdown now on only 2 weeks to go
latest report
Hi,
Conditions are lovely at the moment, very sunny day today and cold so the snow is staying good. There is talk of some snow towards the end of the week.
Cheers, Carolyn
latest report
Hi, I've just come back after a fantastic week in Niederau. The last couple of days with the fresh snow were brilliant. I can't wait to return in February - let's just hope the snow stays good. Thanks for all the weather updates Carolyn - much appreciated.
ski holidays
Glad you had a good time! It is snowing again and has been since yesterday evening. Minus 3.8 this morning and more snow expected over the next fewdays. Conditions excellent at the moment. Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
carolyn, Would be even better if we could see them. I'm having withdrawel symptoms through not having my daily fix on the webcam images.

Hope you have them back soon
snow report
Super Eagle, Yep me to! Carolyn any sign of the cam up and running, its one of the first things I look at in the morning, either to make me green with envy or to feel smug knowing I will be out there again soon. Been to plenty of places skiing but Niederau just does it for me. Laughing
snow report
Hi,
Beautiful snow conditions still, and the village is quiet this week. We have ordered and received notice that the web cam parts have been dispatched but as yet nothing has arrived but we will chase it up later on today to see what has happened. Probably all the snow in the UK! Zobo. I totally agree about Niederau and will carry on with my posts! Cheer Carolyn
ski holidays
Hi,
The bloke had forgotten to post our webcam parts but has now done it and they are on the way to us here in a very sunny, snow covered Niederau. Weather and snow are excellent at the moment. Cheers Carolyn
snow report
Glorious sunshine, cold temperatutes and lovely snow and seems set to carry on the same....Carolyn
snow report
That's music to my ears Carolyn.....we're out there for the 6th but, unfortunately, we're not staying at The Auhof...maybe next year we'll stay with you guys!
Thanks for the regular updates on the snow conditions. We can't wait to get there!
snow report
Still sunny and cold, glad the updates are useful! enjoy your stay next month and maybe look us up!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy