Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Super Salzburg Pass - Snow Report 2013/14

Poster: A snowHead
The ladies races at Altenmarkt are being shown on BBC red button this weekend for those of us who don't have Eurosport, yippee!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
queen bodecia, we are plannign on getting across on Sunday Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, very jealous, I'll look out for you in the crowd on TV! Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Might be there myself Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When do you get here Avalanche Poodle, ? Ive lost track! Ange Very Happy Oh , and, its snowed, its fab and I fell over - again, and my knee still hurts!!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Avalanche Poodle, likewise, though suspect lure of the slopes on the first day might be too much ( unless I combine the two, now there's a ...........) snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flangesax, what? Don't you use some fab software to track your guest?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I do waynos, but he is staying elsewhere coz there is no room at the inn for him! Ange
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flangesax, hope your knee's OK, Ange? Did you just send me a weird audio-message on my mobile? If so, I can't actually access it. Sorry. Text? Or PM on here? Kx
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Flying Gooseberry, yes, that was my son whatsapp'ing you, nothing important - just 8yo nonsense! Went to Flachau/Wagrain today, loads of new snow, stacked it - again, speed was the issue! Now my finger hurts as well as my knee. Its the bit down the side of my knee on the outside - perhaps thats why I keep falling! Oh well, try again tomorrow!! Ange. Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
flangesax, well, if you will indulge in all this gnarl, you must expect the odd injury. For hurty knees, I recommend sleeping in compression tights. Oh how Ben will laugh! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pls tell Zeb I don't know how to speak on whatsapp, only read. And then it's a bit iffy, on account of hopeless mobile reception in my own house (that really is annoying, actually.)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Flying Gooseberry, ok. Expect an email at some point then. Im taking them skiing tomorrow, probably Radstadt as it was empty today, hubby was there boarding. I expect Zauchensee will be really busy. We saw some of the ladies racing - they went top to bottom in 1.48 mins. I reckon thats at 15 min run, with stops for me! Ange
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm on the hunt for powder! Any Salzburg Superpass owners know anything about Molltaler Glacier. See this post I just added. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2440734#2440734
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waynos, I can´t get my snow media to load….check out my fb page, I will upload a few pics from Katschberg this Thurs, do yourself a favor and head over there Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kooky, Nice one. Katschberg been on my radar too. May be worth a visit next week.
ski holidays
waynos, definitely worth a pop, so much off piste that was still untracked there, it´s an amazing place, I literally had it all to myself and the snow was the best all season, not a scraped or boilerplate piece to be seen, but ssshhhhhh……..don´t tell everybody wink
snow conditions
In Bad Hofgastein. Hard packed pistes with some fresh snow on top. Valley runs are a bit rough. Scraped down to ice and sluashey.
ski holidays
In Bad Hofgastein. Hard packed pistes with some fresh snow on top. Valley runs are a bit rough. Scraped down to ice and sluashey.
ski holidays
Wagrain and Flachau today were pretty much perfect on top, with the sugar restricted to the last 300 metres into Wagrain, and the runs down to the bottom of the Achter Jet in Flachau and the Rote Achter in Wagrain were crispy and grippy to the bottom. Yes, the valleys are bare and the hills around are brown, but they've done some marvellous work to keep the pistes in good condition. No new snow for a long time, so the off-piste is looking tired and only for the desperate. Forecast is showing no more than 1cm for the rest of the week, but if they keep the pistes in this condition, I'll be more than happy given the low expectations I had.
ski holidays
There was a healthy top up of snowfall two days ago, but its been so warm its gone from the valleys. However, the pistes are amazing and only the last bit to valley is not my favorate. Hubby was at Zauchensee today , where the women wherecracing, and he says it was all excellent there. ange.
snow report
There was a healthy top up of snowfall two days ago, but its been so warm its gone from the valleys. However, the pistes are amazing and only the last bit to valley is not my favorate. Hubby was at Zauchensee today , where the women wherecracing, and he says it was all excellent there. ange.
snow report
I skied the Schladming 4 mountains today, and I echo what ousekjarr says about the snow prepping, that it´s still possible to ski across the green valleys via man made snow is a wonder! All pistes were very hard and extremely icy on the north facing ones, and I have to say, I struggled on the run from Schladming down to Rohmoos, the Red 6? It was literally like skiing on an ice rink .
All four resorts were quiet, with the most people over in Haus, but in the afternoon a majority of the people had bailed and I had the slopes to myself, went from Haus to Reiteralm and didn´t have a single person with me on any of the lifts/gondolas……….. in January…….unheard of! (maybe I need a new deodorant Puzzled)

BTW, if you are reading this Flangesax, Waynos, Avalance Poodle, the Full Moon ski tour is Thursday night, hope you are all up for it, don´t forget your hip flasks snowHead
latest report
Less than 3 weeks to go now, is there any snow forecast for anytime soon?
snow conditions
snow conditions
flangesax, you ok there? you seem to have developed a bit of a speech impediment…….I blame the company you have been keeping recently Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Nunfa1, yep, a sprinkle is due Tue/Wed, but not much Crying or Very sad http://www.bergfex.at/zauchensee/wetter/berg/
latest report
kooky wrote:
flangesax, you ok there? you seem to have developed a bit of a speech impediment…….I blame the company you have been keeping recently Twisted Evil
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
The Flying Gooseberry, were your ears burning Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
quite kooky, ! Laughing
snow report
Little Angel
latest report
kooky, I was out at Schladming today. 06:45 flight from Stansted, quick brekkie in town then up the lift at 11am. The piste were lovely and icy, which on my new-ish fat rockers was lots of fun, they seriously handle the piste so well, feel better than my sl or gs skis? We managed to find some decent off piste snow in places, such as the north face from top of Haus - very good snow still. May head to rot8 and the g-string thingy tomorrow.
snow report
Loved watching the ladies racing at Zauchensee on TV knowing that I actually skied that run last season (my 20 minutes versus their 2 minutes). Didn't spot any familiar faces in the crowd sadly...
snow report
waynos, if you are wagrain way & want to keep those new bases looking good avoid the red track ( 36a/b ?) back down to the bottom of the grafenbergbahn - fair bit of gravel & muck .

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 15-01-14 8:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Has anyone used the G-Link between the Flying Motzart and Graffenberg Express.
ski holidays
FraserP, it's now been called the G-string... Very Happy
ski holidays
Good job it wasn't called the G-Spot - No bloke would be able to find it!
ski holidays
FraserP, yep... a lovely trip over the valley... and great that it links the areas but a bit of a sheepish experience when it is busy!
Quick though.
On the Flachau (Flying Mozart) side it is best to ski to the lower entrance rather than muk about with lifts when it is busy.... may be worth skiing down to base at Flaying Mozart when totally packed too.
snow conditions
A most excellent days skiing at Flachau and Wagrain. Piste in great shape, not to icy, found no rocks. Managed to find plenty of powdery snow off piste on shady slopes - really still some nice snow about.
Rode the G-Liknk, which connects to the Grafenberg - We do all know "g-spot" is short for "grafenberg spot"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Spot
latest report
The G-Link really makes a difference, and we've used it on two days so far. Takes about 5 minutes to get across, and carries 130 people.

Pistes pretty much the same today, almost perfect on top, and only tending to sugar in the last few hundred metres. It was more overcast, and seemed busier as as the ski schools graduated to the hill, leading to some lumpy bits of piste, but nothing too severe.
ski holidays
Great night out at the Women's Nightrace, Flachau last night with many fellow snowHead 's !

As usual... when there is a Nightrace.... there is fresh snow!
Snowed on and off in the valley from about 9pm until i left at 23:30.
The tv was showing quite heavy snowfall at the top of the run. So look slike there was enough for a healthy top up.
Although I've still woken up to green valleys and frost at 850 meters in Radstadt.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy