Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Ski Boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
CEM wrote:
CH2O wrote:
@CEM, ok, assuming that you’re actually doing this empirically, are actually in the boots, given the reply was somewhere between 9pm and 7am and have the boots to hand, what is boot A and boot B?

Not actually in the boots as I am currently sat by the pool in Sardinia

But I know that if I put on Boot a and boot B they will feel different ( and for arguments sake they are both labled as 100mm 130 flex )

Hilarious to discover we’ve been having this discussion 10 minutes apart on beaches in Sardinia.
Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@noodlehat, just found this linked from another thread. Oh that is a shame. We had very good service and fitting from them previously. Hope this isn't a sign the good chaps we used before have moved on Sad

One of the beauty's of having had good service previously is you don't need new boots too often!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ,
I think they're okay still in the scheme of things. From what I've gathered I'm probably in 1 size too big if I wanted a performance fit for more challenging terrain or hard fast skiing.
But honestly they're perfectly okay for prob vast majority of recreational skiers. I've put about 60 days skiing on them this year and they've done me okay. I'll perhaps visit one of the 2 highly regarded shops for my next pair thou.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
noodlehat wrote:
@NickyJ,
I think they're okay still in the scheme of things. From what I've gathered I'm probably in 1 size too big if I wanted a performance fit for more challenging terrain or hard fast skiing.
But honestly they're perfectly okay for prob vast majority of recreational skiers. I've put about 60 days skiing on them this year and they've done me okay. I'll perhaps visit one of the 2 highly regarded shops for my next pair thou.

What is disappointing was we discussed in depth type of skiing to ensure which way to go on fit before trying stuff on! Sounds like didnt happen. Also I went back to them to talk about in soles to extend life of my boots when foot started sliding around (I phoned first) and they fitted me with an insole free of charge! Which gave me another couple of years before getting my latest boots. Was very impressed with that from them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy