Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2023/24 Thread

Poster: A snowHead
What a great podium position by Verdu from Andorra in today's GS race in Val d'Isere!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alastair Pink wrote:
What a great podium position by Verdu from Andorra in today's GS race in Val d'Isere!

Incredible. Really great to see Andorra get to join the party, especially given how much effort they have put in to establishing themselves as a credible ski destination and not just cheap and cheerful.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is the slalom cancelled? They are showing yesterday ‘s GS . Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes. Showing as cancelled on the FIS website. Shame.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Racing in St.Moritz also cancelled.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, I’m here and is cancelled. Icy base has been affected by the rain last night and is unsafe for the racers apparently.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JoyZipper wrote:
Yes, I’m here and is cancelled.

Where is here, Val d'Isere or St. Moritz? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Who's leading....cancelled races or completed races? Off the top of my head its neck and neck...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink wrote:
JoyZipper wrote:
Yes, I’m here and is cancelled.

Where is here, Val d'Isere or St. Moritz? Madeye-Smiley

Val
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair Pink wrote:

A great result from Joan. It’s a big deal here. He actually only managed to get back skiing earlier this week after a good few weeks off with a torn muscle.

I work with his brother who was in VdI. Looking forward to hearing the inside info.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JoyZipper wrote:
Yes, I’m here and is cancelled. Icy base has been affected by the rain last night and is unsafe for the racers apparently.

Eurosport interviewed Kristoffersen who made a valid point that his coaches are able to clear and prep a course for him nearly everyday of the season and it might be bad management and the use of machines causing the issue.

Plus if anyone knows Nick Fellows can you please ask him to stop reading out the results of every single race or at least give you a spoiler alert.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interestingly, Joan went out to VdI expecting not to race but went on the off chance. He was on crutches at the beginning of November and hadn’t skied since. Training went well last week and he had no pain so decided to give it a go. The result was understandably a big shock.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Men's Downhill from Val Gardena now live on Discovery+/Eurosport.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some nice drone coverage of the racers going down the camel bumps. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wow! Racer number 34 takes the lead!
ski holidays
Coverage of Men's Super G in Val Gardena starting now.
latest report
On yesterday's race, so good to see Innerhofer do well. I'd assumed he'd be retiring after the last couple of shakey seasons but here he is, smashing it. Very Happy
snow conditions
Really enjoying today,s super G, there are more Austrian than usual it seems Puzzled
ski holidays
Ouch, that Ploier hit on the gate must have stung.
snow conditions
ster wrote:
Ouch, that Ploier hit on the gate must have stung.

Enough for him to be stretchered off..... Sad
ski holidays
@albob, was panning out that way when they didn’t show the expected replay, as they seem not to do when its a bad one.
ski holidays
In yesterday's women's downhill at Val d'Isere Canada's Stefanie Fleckenstein had a nasty crash at the end of the race, sliding over the finishing line. The race was interrupted for about 20 minutes so Fleckenstein could be treated and stretchered off the course.

The Eurosport commentator today said that she had dislocated her knee and damaged several ligaments, so she'll be out of this season's competitions. Sad

On today's women's Super G from Val d'Isere it's notable the number of big names who missed a gate and DNF'd.
snow conditions
Spectacular drone coverage from women's super g.
ski holidays
@davidthornton, I don't like it, makes me feel a bit sick
ski holidays
I didn’t like the drones at first but the shots from them really show well how fast they go and the turns and angles they need to make. But I still hate the whining noise they make, I’ve thought they could suppress or filter it out.
ski holidays
The Saslong drone was excessively noisy yesterday -- However, the one at Val D'Isere today barely made a noise !!??
snow conditions
Spoiler
Dave Ryding on the podium in 3rd position in Madonna di Campiglio!
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, brilliant result!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair Pink, spoiling what exactly?
snow conditions
@ster, the result, cos people complain as you well know
ski holidays
ster wrote:
@Alastair Pink, spoiling what exactly?

Some people don't like to know the race result before they watch it on catch up, so I was being polite. Little Angel
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, was there a race today? Slalom maybe judging by the reaction above?
latest report
ster wrote:
@Alastair Pink, was there a race today? Slalom maybe judging by the reaction above?

If you look at this season's race schedule posted on the first page of this thread you will see that there was a race today...... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
That was a proper solid second run, not often you see someone stick it from 15th to podium.
snow conditions
He was perfect on the second run, the slope looked so icy I would have killed myself Very Happy , so pleased with the podium.
snow report
Video here if you haven't watched it

https://www.eurosport.com/alpine-skiing/madonna-di-campiglio/2023-2024/britains-dave-ryding-storms-from-15th-to-third-with-flying-second-run-in-italy-a-lovely-early-christmas-present_vid2046183/video.shtml
ski holidays
Ice?
That wasn't ice...that was ICE ICE BABY!

My goodness...I would have been in sideways death-slide while praying for it to end, before falling over like 99.9pct of the rest of us.

How does he/they do it on ice like that??
snow report
Tina Maze said it wasn't as icy as it looked because of the warm temperature ...it was 0⁰
snow report
@rungsp, they do it with tree trunk legs, a lifetime of practice, sharp edges and most of all, cojones grandes.

Makes me appreciate corduroy all the more!
snow conditions
A week behind as now catching up with Eurosport recordings, after our own time on the slopes ….. Odermatt’s GS skiing in Alta Badia was wonderful in doing a quick-fire double.

Technique, focus and precision, he’s making fewer errors than a highly gifted pool of competitors just now. Mentally unfazed by storming second runs from the likes of Zubcic. Skiers who aren’t fatigued from racing all disciplines.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy