Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shocked at some of the prices for 2024!

Poster: A snowHead
davidof wrote:
... avoid France ...

Great advice! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was looking at flight prices for mid-March. Fell off my chair when I saw Lyon flight prices.
Then realised FRA v ENG 6 nations was being played there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski pass prices have also notched up notably.

7 days at Arlberg is now 450 EUR for an adult.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gulp, I've just looked at the Paradiski lift pass prices and it will cost me €624 for a season pass in next season. That's a break even at about 15 days. I'm not sure I'll ski that many days next season.

A standard 7 day pass is €366.5 whereas for us older skiers it is a tad under 300€, roughly 10% increase over last year and inline with my pension increase.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnE wrote:
A standard 7 day pass is €366.5 whereas for us older skiers it is a tad under 300€, roughly 10% increase over last year and inline with my pension increase.

Isnt that about right. It can’t keep going down in real terms and as I expect they have suffered cost increases in excess of headline inflation being so energy dependent?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We’ve had to put the price of our weekly rentals up a bit - the co pro fees have doubled.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Extremophile wrote:
We’ve had to put the price of our weekly rentals up a bit - the co pro fees have doubled.

That may be down to energy costs is the co-pro is on a commerical tarif.

Electricity is scheduled to increase in France by 75% to 2025, the first 10% increase came on the 1st August (following 15% on in Feb 2023, so 15+10% for the year). It remains to be seen if other increases will be politically acceptable.

Quote:
Les tarifs réglementés de l'électricité augmentent de 10% le 1er août 2023 pour les particuliers et les petites entreprises. Le gouvernement a annoncé la fin progressive du bouclier tarifaire fin 2024 - début 2025. l'évolution théorique des tarifs réglementés de vente d'électricité au 1er août 2023 aurait dû impliquer une augmentation de 74,5% des prix de l'électricité.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FWIW, a few quick data points comparing my costs last year vs this coming season (all figures in Euros):

Hotel in Zillertal (Lanersbach): 239 vs. 253 (+6%)
Hotel in Dolomites (San Cassiano): 110 vs. 130 (+18%)
Hotel at Munich Airport: 163 vs. 165 (+1%)

I don't think this is shocking, I think it is to be expected.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof wrote:
Extremophile wrote:

That may be down to energy costs is the co-pro is on a commerical tarif.

Electricity is scheduled to increase in France by 75% to 2025, the first 10% increase came on the 1st August (following 15% on in Feb 2023, so 15+10% for the year). It remains to be seen if other increases will be politically acceptable.

Quote:
Les tarifs réglementés de l'électricité augmentent de 10% le 1er août 2023 pour les particuliers et les petites entreprises. Le gouvernement a annoncé la fin progressive du bouclier tarifaire fin 2024 - début 2025. l'évolution théorique des tarifs réglementés de vente d'électricité au 1er août 2023 aurait dû impliquer une augmentation de 74,5% des prix de l'électricité.

I checked it all at the beginning of the financial year. Electricity, heating, water, and sewage have all doubled, there’s some other costs that have risen slightly but the vast majority is from those 4 things. I expected it, but it’s still shocking to see your bill rise from ~€700 pq to ~€1400 pq.

The point is a lot of that cost needs to be passed on to the consumer.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
At 75 I'll be able to ski in Val d'sere/Tignes free next year. Unless they changed it for 2023/24.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@snowball, The world (or particularly the west) is definately slanted towards older people: no National Insurance contributions, no (or limited) pension contributions, no student loan to repay, discounts on lift passes, train tickets, climbing wall membership, museum entry (in Spain), free bus passes, free prescriptions, UK goverment heating allowance, no morgage (paid off already), etc. My barber even charges me less to cut my hair. And my pension is more than my son's salary.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok, Boomers wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@johnE, pyramid system. Unsustainable in a generation
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If anyone has tips for how to get a well priced trip to Kitzbuhel in 2024 then let me know!

Last went in 2010 ish and had a last minute Jan deal to the rather swanky Schloss Lebenburg for what I recall was around £800 and that might have included a lift pass as well as flights and transfers…

Not expecting that again but planning to go 2nd March week which I think is a lower season time. However, Crystal, Inghams and even Sunweb have most of their packages at £1500+ and nothing including a single room which is causing some issues at present. Might actually work out cheaper to DIY with a private transfer although all the hotels on Booking.com etc are fairly pricy with one asking £11k a week Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

nothing including a single room

last time i looked at packages, to join some friends in Italy, the single price was exactly the same as a couple would pay. I would have been content with a tiny little room, but didn't want to share.
snow conditions
We did two trips last year, but will probably do a single two week trip this year. A 13 day lift pass for us is 414 euro, whereas two 6 day passes would be 540 euro. 126 euro in the pocket and an extra ski day. With the cost of flights and transfers going up, it makes sense for us.
latest report
Cas wrote:
Ok, Boomers wink

Cas, it's really "Boomers = Okay" only because they've been places, done things, seen people. Apart from working 40-odd years, contributing that length of time to the Tax/Economy. Notwithstanding having mortgages at 15.75%, 2 sets of housing crises, record unemployment, the Thatcher years of anti-Union strike-busting, Power-Cuts, joining the EU, leaving the EU, the Oil Crisis, the pre-internet world, and much more.

So blame the Boomers, they're "Okay". wink
snow report
Just got new season prices for Tirol Snow Card, its 1,050 euros.

Its been 945 Eur last season, so we see 100 eur increase...
snow report
At the end of the day - economics triumphs - the laws of supply and demand. At the moment demand is more than healthy which is why prices are rising.

I have no clue as to when the tipping point arrives where the goose that lays the golden egg suddenly falls flat off its two ungainly feet. It will happen but like foreign exchange rates and stock markets - I have no clue when. If I did I would make enough money that I couldnt care.

As to whether I go skiing next year - plenty of other factors in the equation as well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy