Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
sherlockis, you're right, it's gone......

But now it's back! http://www.webcam-4insiders.com/en/weather-Wengen/3658-Wengen-weather.php
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yay! look at all that lovely snow! How long before someone knocks the snow off the little bushes on the wall - a useful guide to snowfall!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My 3 favourite things about Wengen:
1. The pistes follow the natural contours of the mountains. I know that's not unusual, but
I have skied where the pistes have been bulldozed down mountains and through the trees.

2. The beauty of the scenery which can move me almost to tears.

3. The Alpenrose hotel. I know others will have their own favourite places to stay,but
I just love the place and the people

Any other favourite 3 things?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brian T wrote:
1. The pistes follow the natural contours of the mountains. I know that's not unusual, but
I have skied where the pistes have been bulldozed down mountains and through the trees.

3. The Alpenrose hotel. I know others will have their own favourite places to stay,but

about Wengen no..10 things about Mürren...YES....lol
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Brookes wrote:
Brian T wrote:

about Wengen no..10 things about Mürren...YES....lol

From a Chris Brookes point of view there is in fact 1 good thing about Wengen:

1. It's close to Murren
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll be in Wengen on Saturday, and in the interests of fair play, it's probably fair to say I'll be skiing in Murren on Sunday. With the new timetables it's not nearly such a chore as it used to be, and it's sooo quiet at the weekend Smile That new lift from the bottom of Maulerhubel up to Allmendhubel has transformed the area. No more nasty Palace run Smile

Or I might have a lie-in Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
telford_mike wrote:
I'll be in Wengen on Saturday, and in the interests of fair play, it's probably fair to say I'll be skiing in Murren on Sunday. With the new timetables it's not nearly such a chore as it used to be, and it's sooo quiet at the weekend Smile That new lift from the bottom of Maulerhubel up to Allmendhubel has transformed the area. No more nasty Palace run Smile

Or I might have a lie-in Smile

Plus with the Winteregg Chair now being so fast it also makes the winteregg piste area more enjoyable to ski.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike, Chris Brookes, Murren or lie-in? Mmm.... Let me think.....
Sorry. Lie- in wins😄🎿
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brian T, +1
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tommorow the slopes at the top of Schilthorn as well as the chairlifts Riggli, Muttleren and Kandahar are open!

The Schiltgrat today (thanks to Pädel for sharing http://ps.bloglounge.ch/)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mürren celebrates Britons who made it downhill all the way with Eddie The Eagle (omg!)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2012/dec/14/skiing-murren-history-british-centenary?fb=optOut

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 15-12-12 13:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just arrived in Zurich, very warm, nice day. Lots of snow everywhere, even on the platforms at Zurich HBf Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like some warm weather coming in... how's the base? Will it hold up?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Grey and murky today, warm - got up to +4C in the village this afternoon. Skiing was ok, masses of snow everywhere. Very poor visibility above about 2000 metres made things tough, but lower down was ok, if a little gloomy.

New bridge at Wixi, the rat run goes underneath.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very brief report in Sunday Times today about a Dutch skier who was killed after a fall in Wengen this week. Tragic.
Does anyone know how or where?
snow report
He fell into a gully by falboden.

http://www.20min.ch/ro/news/faits_divers/story/23711317
snow conditions
Eddie the Eagle today in Mürren at the Allmendhubel with the Ski School mascot

latest report
D G Orf, forecast please for Christmas as am going to Murren with the family and my Mexican sister-in-law who has never seen real snow! Hope you are feeling better now.
latest report
Snowy again today. More forecast too.

ski holidays
Ok you asked for it I will supply but I'm only the messenger

18th cool should be just below freezing with a chance of light snowfall
19th A change in wind direction looks like bringing slightly warmer conditions but snow unlikely
20th Light snow possibly turning to rain lower down temps staying just above freezing at resort level
21st A Change of wind direction looks likely to bring a day of slightly colder temps and probably light snow
22nd Wind changes again this time bringing temps of up to +8C at resort level looks likely to combine with heavy precipitation, the highets slopes will probably get up to 60 cm of new snow, the lower slopes will probably get a lot of rain
23rd Still warm light rain or snow depending on altitude
24th As for 23rd starting to cool down though
25th Temps closer to freezing possible light snow
26th Light Snow possibly still rain lower down
27th Heavier Snow Possible Rain Lower down
28th Light Snow
29th Light Snow
30th Warmer temps possibly clear AM light rain or possible snow later

Sad
snow report
Thank you David but any glimpse of the sun?
snow report
skilegs wrote:
Thank you David but any glimpse of the sun?

Mürren weather sites

http://www.bergfex.ch/muerren-schilthorn/wetter/

http://www.meteoblue.com/en_GB/weather/forecast/week/murren_ch_3091

http://www.meteoschweiz.admin.ch/web/en/weather/detailed_forecast/local_forecasts.html?language=en&plz=3825&x=12&y=12
snow report
skilegs, possibly for some of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
snow report
Huge snow dump today, no idea how much but tons and tons of the stuff. Mannlichen 10.30 this morning:

Not a soul about.

Still snowing now, temp in resort 0C. Forecast is for a better day tomorrow.
snow conditions
The Jungfrau Railways and the cablecar Grindelwald-Männlichen plan to build together a V-track system providing access to the Männlichen and the station Eigergletscher. The project was today presented to the media today.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/nc/unternehmen/medien/mitteilungen/detail/archive/2012/12/article/eine-v-bahn-zum-eigergletscher-und-maennlichen-1381
latest report
Lovely weather today in Mürren................before the weekend storm !!

snow report
Chris Brookes, interesting reading the article as it suggests that the BOB will be diverted via the bottom station or at least that there will be a connecting station which means no walking from Grund station to the bottom of the GGM any more, also good that they seem to be keeping the Holenstein Middle station, interesting taking it up to Eigergletscher I wonder if they will stick in a blue run down somehow as currently from memory there are only reds and blacks right now
snow conditions
Interesting option for those who don't like flying, A new direct service from Paris to Interlaken by TGV
http://www.interlaken.ch/en/tgv-line-paris-to-interlaken.html

Journey time of about 9 hours from St Pancras on a Saturday/Sunday from about €300 return for an advance ticket, If you think about transfers to and from Swiss airports this is very competetive on time
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sherlockis, Unfortunately it doesn't arrive in Interlaken until 23.43 which means you'd need to either be based in Interlaken or at least spend a night there Oh well can't afford a holiday this year anyway maybe by next year they might have sorted things for a better time

Weather will be a bit warm and wet around the 22nd by teh looks of things but a sharp drop in temps is forecast for the 24th hopefully bringing more snow to the area
latest report
Great day yesterday, perfect weather and powder everywhere.

Gloomy and warmer today. Bloke on cross country skis passed our place this morning - never seen that before!

Snowing again now, looks like more to come tonight.
latest report
Mike, some more pictures please
snow report
Super day yesterday, very quiet and super weather.

Village looking very picturesque.

The weather changed at lunchtime - it suddenly got a lot colder - feels properly like winter now.

We have 2 innovations this season, sponsored by BMW. The first is a speed trap on Arven. You scan your ski pass at the top, then ski down the hill as fast as you dare. As you pass through the timing beam your photo is taken and your speed is recorded. You pick up the results on the Jungfrau winner card website.

At Mannlichen there is a similar looking thing, but this time there's a short GS course. Once again you scan your ski pass and head off down the course. You are 'followed' by a series of cameras, and you can pick up the resulting video on the JB website.

Expecting things to start getting a lot busier now.
snow report
telford_mike, don't think I've ever seen the slopes as quiet as that
snow conditions
Similarly quiet at Murren today.

Nice morning, but the light went really flat at lunchtime. Very mild.

ski holidays
telford_mike, hows the weather tonight, has it started to rain ?
snow report
Chris Brookes, as I forecast earlier in the week I'm afraid it's raining in Wengen right now
snow report
Absolutely chucked it down last night rolling eyes
ski holidays
Looks like it will be a bit warm out there for at least the next few days, surprisingly perhaps despite the rain lower down the clouds must have been below the peaks as the Lauberhorn appears to have had little or no change
ski holidays
Still +7C in the village. Skiing was ok today, pistes are still good if a little soft.
Catastrophic avalanche on Oh God:

Compulsory pic of Mrs telford_mike:

Skies are clearing, forecast is 1 more warm day tomorrow.
snow conditions
Another beautiful day, +11C in the village this afternoon.

Wengen from the meadows above Mary's Cafe.

Getting really busy now, the home run was hilarious this afternoon. Pistes holding up ok, but with all these people it won't last.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy