Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
telford_mike wrote:
Chris Brookes, good news about the lifts, but no more Apollo piste by the sound of it.

True but knowing the Apollo route its a great off piste area now Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check out this Skiline on jungfrau.ch
https://shop.jungfrau.ch/en/skiline/user/day/id/3cc1cb9b3b4c9181013b4e6cc246002e/day/2014-03-07/tid/8001931/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weather still very spring-like. No, scratch that, it's like summer! Lots of people left yesterday so it's quite quiet. Here's Val on Mannlichen today:
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had a great trip away. Unfortunately back home now. Think my favourite place was Grindelwald First. Wasn`t so keen on Mannlichen but it`s probably because my skiing sucked on the day i was there. Made it up on the first train to Kleine Scheidegg and skied down to Brandegg on Wednseday but the cafe was closed so never got the famous apple fritters. I`ll definitely be back again next year Very Happy

Some photos on my flickr page, i`ll stick some more up when i sort them out. http://www.flickr.com/photos/taburetka/sets/72157642532544143/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Deedee wrote:
Had a great trip away. Unfortunately back home now. Think my favourite place was Grindelwald First. Wasn`t so keen on Mannlichen but it`s probably because my skiing sucked on the day i was there. Made it up on the first train to Kleine Scheidegg and skied down to Brandegg on Wednseday but the cafe was closed so never got the famous apple fritters. I`ll definitely be back again next year Very Happy

Some photos on my flickr page, i`ll stick some more up when i sort them out. http://www.flickr.com/photos/taburetka/sets/72157642532544143/

Did you visit Mürren for the day?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep. Got off the train at Winteregg and spent a few hours over there. Went up to the lift next to where the folk were jumping off the hill with the parachutes (paragliders?). Loved it up there but my feet were in agony that day so i stopped early. Walked through Murren and got the train back down. Only place i never went to was the James Bond exhibition thing. Was planning it for the Friday but ended up back at Grindelwald first.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another very passable day, temps high again, a little cloud this morning. Rumours are circulating of a mega-snowfall this weekend. Fingers crossed!

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm not so convinced by the mega snowfall rumors, snow yes but how much ? could be as little as a few cm's
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
People are saying 50cm. Very hard to believe - it's 21C in Interlaken today, currently +12C at Scheidegg!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike, looks like probably starting as rain on Saturday, then Snow Sunday and Monday, but large snowfalls are possible potentially 30-50 cm there may be a bit more rain on Tuesday with Light snow possible Wednesday as well
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They are expecting 30cm+ in Mürren over the weekend which is a blessing as it looking very bare
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lots of snow at Mannlichen this afternoon. Just on the turn now in the village. Fingers crossed Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Went up early this morning - tons of new snow, and very deep in places e.g. under the Mannlichen chair. Still snowing now, much colder - like winter again.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So not the 50cm some people were forecasting, but still a good 20cm of fresh
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Winter has returned. Cold, crisp day, great snow everywhere. On the way to Innerwengen chair:

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 12-05-14 17:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Just back from Wengen. Lovely weather and snow. Tiring of Swiss food we went to interlaken one evening to find a place for a curry. We must have passed at least a dozen restaurants from the Indian subcontinent before fixing on a Sri Lankan one which was excellent. Well worth an evening trip to Interlaken for a change of scene and at the weekends there are now a couple of trains up from Lauterbrunnen in the small hours.
ski holidays
I had a curry in Interlaken one night and it was rubbish. Can`t remember the name of the place, it`ll come back to me rolling eyes
snow conditions
Sad news - a legend around Mürren.....RIP Dan Vicary

http://www.3news.co.nz/Kiwi-killed-in-Wingsuit-diving-accident/tabid/417/articleID/338041/Default.aspx?fb_action_ids=10203128537041704&fb_action_types=og.recommends
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/OUjNQXXVpYY

The DHO McMillan cup race from earlier in the year, mass start downhill race
snow conditions
Great footage of the Schilthorn from a quad copter drone from inCopter.ch

http://youtube.com/v/hbgk_0Oyksg
ski holidays
About 60cm of Fresh snow on the Lauberhorn today maybe more, the table tops at the start bar are covered, yesterday you could see the floorboards beneath the same tables, Ironically or perhaps typically the last days of skiing were over Easter

Only a few cms in Wengen though
ski holidays
Mürren now with over 10cm..2 days ago this was all green
latest report
Mid August it will be open!

ski holidays
Jungfrau sages I need some help. We have been to Wengen once before and really loved it so considering another visit but ... it would be half term next year. How busy does Wengen get at half term, guessing not as bad as French resorts but I know the half term seems to be pretty much the same week all over Europe so imagine it could be pretty busy.

Anyone had much experience in the Jungfrau in recent years at half term? Thanks!
snow report
Oh and Chris Brookes, we did get over to Murren last time we were there, whereabouts is that new building?
snow conditions
Rowlski, the building(Birg 2677m) is above Mürren 1650m and is the middle station between Mürren and the Schilthorn 2970m.

I feel for you wanting to stay in Wengen..lol
ski holidays
Looks interesting and if we do make it to Wengen next year I'm sure we'd drag ourselves over to Murrern again to see it wink
snow report
Chris is just jealous, he knows that Wengen is the best place to go but has to keep going to Murren to satisfy his need for suffering NehNeh
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rowlski wrote:
Jungfrau sages I need some help. We have been to Wengen once before and really loved it so considering another visit but ... it would be half term next year. How busy does Wengen get at half term, guessing not as bad as French resorts but I know the half term seems to be pretty much the same week all over Europe so imagine it could be pretty busy.

Anyone had much experience in the Jungfrau in recent years at half term? Thanks!

Rowlski - Feb half terms have been spreading out a bit in Europe over the last few years and normally depend on how early or late Easter is. I've always found this site a good guide
http://www.feiertagskalender.ch/ferien.php?geo=0&jahr=2015&klasse=4&hl=en
The main visitors to The Jungfrau region are the British - dates are between 9th Feb-20th feb depending on region; the Dutch and Belgians again varies by region but looks like 16-27th is peak, and the local Swiss - each local town seems to have different weeks. In Essex we often have the earliest week which makes it a bit quieter - but we have known the 'perfect storm' of everything co-inciding, with good weather - which brings all the locals out!. Looks like the week 16-20 feb may be the one to avoid if you can?. This year we wentfor the last 8 days of Feb and there was a huge difference between the Friday and the Monday.
To be honest it hasn't been nearly as bad in the last few years after the recession, so as long as you don't try and get the Train up the mountain to KS at 09:45-10:00 (Ski school drop-off time) then it's normally OK.
If it's really busy in Wengen, try getting the train down the mountain and hop over to Winteregg ( the Cable Car up to Grutschalp can get busy it runs every 15 mins and we've never had to wait for more than 1 car)
ski holidays
Newly refurbished Jungfraujoch restaurant welcomes its first guests

After ten months of construction, the Glacier Restaurant at the Jungfraujoch was reopened on Thursday, 1 May 2014. With the renovation, Jungfrau Railways has invested approximately 11 million Swiss francs in the quality of their Top of Europe excursion destination.

The centrepiece of the renovation is the newly created glass façade that offers two storeys with an unobstructed view of the Aletsch Glacier. After the reopening of the Bollywood Restaurant on Good Friday, the Eiger group restaurant welcomes its first guests today, Thursday, 1 May 2014

Full article : http://www.jungfrau.ch/nc/en/tourism/news-events/news/detail/archive/2014/05/article/neu-saniertes-restaurant-auf-dem-jungfraujoch-empfaengt-erste-gaeste-2744/
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
Newly refurbished Jungfraujoch restaurant welcomes its first guests

After ten months of construction, the Glacier Restaurant at the Jungfraujoch was reopened on Thursday, 1 May 2014. With the renovation, Jungfrau Railways has invested approximately 11 million Swiss francs in the quality of their Top of Europe excursion destination.

The centrepiece of the renovation is the newly created glass façade that offers two storeys with an unobstructed view of the Aletsch Glacier. After the reopening of the Bollywood Restaurant on Good Friday, the Eiger group restaurant welcomes its first guests today, Thursday, 1 May 2014

Full article : http://www.jungfrau.ch/nc/en/tourism/news-events/news/detail/archive/2014/05/article/neu-saniertes-restaurant-auf-dem-jungfraujoch-empfaengt-erste-gaeste-2744/

For those interested, (especially those of us who would struggle to put up a Garden Shed Smile )more pictures and information here:
http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/company/buildings-projects/current-projects/jungfraujoch-glacier-restaurant/
snow report
Thanks sherlockis, unfortunately it's the week of the 16th Feb we're tied to. From another topic here I remember seeing that virtually every other European country seemed to coincide next year as well. Though looking at site you linked to shows the Interlaken / Lauterbrunnen locals are off the following week.

We'd be looking to have the kids in ski school and they'd be at the bottom of the mountain in the snow garden. So assuming I book their lessons far enough in advance to secure them I'm still tempted to go back that week as we did rather like Wengen - Murren was also passable NehNeh
snow conditions
Rowlski, You will be fine, as always avoid the Lauberhorn in the afternoon and you avoid the crush at the Wixi chair
snow report
Thanks D G Orf, assuming I can find a not toooo extortionate apartment I think we're going to go for it. Tips noted for busy areas. Its been about 5 years since our last/first visit so be good to see the new developments.
snow report
D G Orf, With the Wixi lift now being a fast 6 man chair there is not much waiting these days
ski holidays
D G Orf, With the Wixi lift now being a fast 6 man chair there is not much waiting these days
ski holidays
riverman, I know but thats the only real area that queues will build because so many people love the south face of the Lauberhorn, there and Mannlichen chair will always be busy but as you say with the new chairs the delays are minimal, when I first started in the area it was a very long drag lift up the Mannlichen with big delays at the bottom, things are much improved these days especially with the Arven lift nexus
ski holidays
The region had snow again today !!
latest report
More for your money with the season pass next season. http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/130976/
snow report
Handy if you are staying In an out of the way chalet I guess.
On a different but related subject, was it right that last year's 6 day pass included a day in but not transportation to Zermatt?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy