Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
It's about 5 minutes walk from everything. That's a long way by Wengen standards!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I assume you mean the Belevedere which is about 5 mins from the cable car and station. Ditto above remark - best ski resort in the world.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok yes sorry bellevedere.

Thanks everyone looks like it could be a runner.

Oo one more thing ( for now anyway) is there overnight ski storage at the canle car or does my husband have to carry them everyday wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
NE1, Central Sport (right next to the Mannlichen cable car) has a large ski and boot storage facility. It costs a few CHF per day (unless you're renting the equipment from them in which case I think it's included).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow!!!!!!!!!'

https://www.downhillonly.com/live-cameras-and-weather/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PoWdEr Alert

Over 30cm of snow in Mürren
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jesus is this thread still going Smile
A good 25cm today on the real side of the mountain, don't know about murren because nobody is there to see it. Lifts should be open 23 rd November.
If anyone is interested I try and make updates when i can on my central sport snowboard Facebook page www.Facebook.com/snowboardguru
A bit snowboard biased but I put some neutral photos up sometimes Wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, Yes this thread is still going (though you'll notice it's now part 2 Laughing )

I looked at and liked your central sport snowboard FB page Smile It's not bad, but just as a matter of interest is there a Central Sport Wengen Ski Division? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab, NehNeh

Real side of the mountain...lol
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair Pink wrote:
stab, Yes this thread is still going (though you'll notice it's now part 2 Laughing )

I looked at and liked your central sport snowboard FB page Smile It's not bad, but just as a matter of interest is there a Central Sport Wengen Ski Division? Toofy Grin

Central also has skis??? Smile
No only the main central page which is not run by an idiot (me), it doesnt really show up in searches, i have to look under the bonnet of it one time.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Sport-Wengen/130667053630603
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm going to Wengen...........very excited
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NE1, so you should be

Vie from the Bellvue hotel this morning, it's just a few hundred meters from the Belvedere Hotel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only 15cm of snow at Wengen and 30cm at the Lauberhorn/Kleine Scheidegg so far but the season hasn't started yet
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mürren today....absolutely stunning !

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Brookes, a beautiful photograph of Murren!
latest report
Brian T, taken by a friend who just loves rubbing it in Wink

Plenty more pictures but its just them having lunch at the Schiltgrat (after hiking up it) then skiing down today....the joys
ski holidays
Few people have managed to get out on skis on the Lauberhorn today, 4 pairs of skis outside the startbar, but the sun is already thinning the snow in places
snow report
stab, great that you are back - will be hiring skis from you on 22 Dec!
snow report
skilegs, Are you there for the New Year week as well?
ski holidays
I see that you can purchase 6 day full area passes online at the moment for a discount price of 258chf, should I go for that now? I presume
that deal won't be available in Wengen. Puzzled
snow conditions
provenjohn, Correct, that ticket has to be booked online a couple of weeks ahead of the start date. Order them now is my advice. (I received my discounted liftpasses in the post just a few days ago) Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Alastair Pink, Thanks, will do then snowHead
snow report
Oh you guys......why didn't you mention this before......I've now paid full price thru TO. GRRRRR.
ski holidays
NE1, Contact your TO and ask for a refund, pointing out that you can buy them yourself much cheaper than they are selling them for. Failing a total refund, ask them to match the discounted price! If they won't play ball then say you will tell everyone else you meet who's travelling with the TO about them charging more for the liftpasses...

Edit: And the discount was mentioned before in this thread, I commented about the discount on 1st October: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83079&start=1160

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 18-11-13 21:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, Yes!
snow conditions
skilegs, Well I'm sharing an apartment in Lauterbrunnen with friends New Year week, so although as I'll be with them I probably won't get to ski with you, hopefully I'll be able to see you at one of the DHO social evenings. Smile
snow report
Getting old = riding powder. Crap edit of a run last Feb on my own, if you know where most of this is then you are privileged and keep it on the down low.

http://youtube.com/v/Jy2sEs634I8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
ski holidays
stab wrote:
Getting old = riding powder.

From that video it looks like you're getting old pretty well..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blooming To wants to charge me £35 to cancel lift passes - admin charge!

Lift pass is £45ish cheaper.... I will talk to other half, it's probably still worth it
ski holidays
NE1 wrote:

Lift pass is £45ish cheaper.... I will talk to other half, it's probably still worth it

That's a rip off! Evil or Very Mad Tell them that you'll lodge a complaint with ABTA that they didn't insert a warning in their brochure e.g "Warning! You may be able to purchase liftpasses cheaper on-line then ordering from us....." wink
snow conditions

Just checked invoice and they have charged us £236 per lift pass! Even with postage and key card charges they aren't that much at full price! TO don't usually overcharge like this I'm sure, maybe they do and I've just never noticed. We don't usually book passes in advance.
snow report
NE1, The full price of 323CHF plus 5CHF keycard deposit = 328CHF, which at today's Travelex exchange rate of 1.429CHF to the £ equates to £229.53, so yes the TO are making a small profit even on the full list price.
latest report
stab, done most of those routes save the one by the avalanche barriers, pretty sure I know where those ones are though, these days I'm much too heavy to ski in that depth of powder Sad the last down telegraph field used to be a piste, personally I always preferred that route to the one you have to take now (sticking to pistes).

NE1, what is particularly bad is tour op are probably getting a cheaper rate by bulk ordering
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
stab, done most of those routes save the one by the avalanche barriers, pretty sure I know where those thes are though, these days I'm much too heavy to ski in that depth of powder Sad the last down telegraph field used to be a piste, personally I always preferred that route to the one you have to take now (sticking to pistes)

Standard way home for me, piste free / idiot free from start bar to inner wengen. Got to be selective when to go because the last few years the peanuts have been following tracks into the woods. some dick wrote a freeride book last year detailing all the routes around here including aerial photos, if this was a surf town he would have had his nose broken and be run out of town.
snow conditions
Talked with other half. We are gonna cancel the lift passes with TO. The pass office will definitely post to England?
snow report
NE1
Ski passes will arrive safely in the post from Switzerland along with a piste map to help you plan out your days skiing.
Last year we found out from here about the half price offer of last year and I have to say Ski Miquel were fine with us cancelling our pre book passes and didn't charge any "admin fee"
latest report
Cat66 wrote:
NE1
Ski passes will arrive safely in the post from Switzerland along with a piste map to help you plan out your days skiing.
Last year we found out from here about the half price offer of last year and I have to say Ski Miquel were fine with us cancelling our pre book passes and didn't charge any "admin fee"

Just to explain to NE1 in case he's wondering, last year the 6 day Jungfrau region pass was available online at half price, but only for certain specific dates (it excluded the peak dates). This year the online reduction is smaller, but it's available for all dates. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
stab, too right, mind you when I learned to ski in Wengen we used to get taken down all sorts of routes, there used to be a run through the woods by the side of the racetrack starting up near the top of the t-bar, another around the back of plum pudding which if memory serves came out somewhere below the cowshed on the bumps, more down through the trees to Grund from Kl Scheidegg and Mannlichen most of these would now take you through the wildlife protection zones I think, but 35+ years ago they didn't exist, mind you they didn't put no skiing signs on the road from the station to Baren either wink

There use to be a high level run above the railway from near Allmend coming out near the Old cable car bottom station as well but I'm not old enough to remember that I think it went from near the barns by the old Cafe Oberland but I may be wrong, with modern buildings it may no longer be useable
snow conditions
Everything is useable wink
latest report
Everything is useable wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy