Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
gamer2471, Lauberhorn races 17th to 19th Jan 2014
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A couple of the guys (Pädel and Daniel) from Pearsonstyle (http://ps.bloglounge.ch/) took a two week trip to Japan for some amazing skiing leaving the Jungfrau Region behind them (great video !!)

Japan Trip 01.-16.02.2013 from danA
https://vimeo.com/62401738
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thankyou mr Orf, Might actually be a bonus.. If I can convince the wife to stay a little longer on our departing sat (18th).
Is Friday usually free practice?

At least most of the traffic that weekend will be going in the opposite direction to us (departing)

Can't beleive we are nearly booked for next year before this season even ends Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gamer2471, Wed/Thursday will be training runs usually, you can go to the stands at the bottom for free and maybe get some racers autographs, Fiday is the Supercombined a downhill followed bt a single slalom later in the day, Saturday is the downhill, Sunday the Slalom
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks again for info... much appreciated.. Goldmine this website (and the all important people like yourself who are happy to share their knowledge)

Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wonderful, wonderful day today after the murky conditions yesterday. Blue skies all day and plenty of snow. A great day, despite chest infection and breathlessness. I would rather be under the weather here in Wengen than well in Birmingham Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm back home, having flown back on Saturday night.

I think I'll go back to Grindelwald next year, maybe earlier in the season and see if I can do a few more of the off-piste routes.

Hmm.. that's a point. I wonder where my book went! :S
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mürren is host of the Swiss National Championship in Telemark on the 13th and 14th of april this year!

http://www.doublediamond.ch/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

Anyone have any recommendations on a ski school or indeed an instructor for beginners in Murren for next season ? (Feb)
Would we need to book (and pay?) in advance ?
Total newbies - but will have had a good few UK fridge visits, backed up by some dry visits too, before we embark in Feb 2014.

thanks for any insider info Blush ..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
gamer2471, I have a feeling (Chris might be able to confirm) that there is only one Ski School in Murren which would be the Swiss Ski and Snowboard School, can't advise about instructors though I'm afraid
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gamer2471 wrote:
Hi,

Anyone have any recommendations on a ski school or indeed an instructor for beginners in Murren for next season ? (Feb)
Would we need to book (and pay?) in advance ?
Total newbies - but will have had a good few UK fridge visits, backed up by some dry visits too, before we embark in Feb 2014.

thanks for any insider info Blush ..

Mürren only has one Ski school ( http://www.swiss-snowsports-muerren.ch ) and is very good

You are unable to pre-book (online registration means nothing) so you are best to head to the office which is located next to the Hotel Jungfrau on the nursery slopes when you arrive. They will ask your ability and then match you to a private instructor or class depending on how you would like to pay Wink (prices on the website).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks to you both Chris and DG.. I had a suspision there was only the one when we had a look around 2 weeks back. Thankyou for the link and also thankyou for the info regarding pre-booking (or lack of option)... i guess we'll head over first thing Saturday when we arrive next Jan.

Thanks again guys - most appreciate as always.
Cheers,
Frank.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gamer2471, You will be fine in January, its never fully booked that month wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BBC 4 program '10 things you didn't know about...' featuring Avalanches seems to be featuring a lot of footage recorded in Murren and Wengen area:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b008vrwk/10_Things_You_Didnt_Know_About..._Avalanches/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Currently snowing down to Stechelberg -
http://www.stechelberg.ch/cam/cam.htm

I have been told that Mürren has over 10cm of new snow already !! (last bit of winter as the temps rise on Sunday)
latest report
but lifts are closed, right?
snow report
HeidiAmsterdam wrote:

no, the lifts at Birg/Schilthorn are still open until tomorrow !
snow report
Dang.......

Bummer I'm stuck here waiting for a date to get my gall bladder taken out. Sheeez what would you rather be doing, Skiing Schilthorn, or waiting for a surgery date? Puzzled

Or should we just say that's a no brainer.
snow report
HeidiAmsterdam wrote:
Dang.......

Bummer I'm stuck here waiting for a date to get my gall bladder taken out. Sheeez what would you rather be doing, Skiing Schilthorn, or waiting for a surgery date? Puzzled

Or should we just say that's a no brainer.

hmmmmmm...

good luck with the op when you get it
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
HeidiAmsterdam wrote:

no, the lifts at Birg/Schilthorn are still open until tomorrow !

Season extended in Murren - skiing next weekend too Smile
latest report
oh, this is killing me... I'm so stuck at the moment! I'm not allowed to travel ATM! apart from the blasted gall stones, I really have nothing better to do than ski...
ski holidays
HeidiAmsterdam wrote:
oh, this is killing me... I'm so stuck at the moment! I'm not allowed to travel ATM! apart from the blasted gall stones, I really have nothing better to do than ski...

Mrs telford_mike had her gall bladder removed a few years ago. No ill effects, and she's been skiing like a hero ever since. Good luck with your op, I'm sure everything will be fine Smile
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
HeidiAmsterdam wrote:

Mrs telford_mike had her gall bladder removed a few years ago. No ill effects, and she's been skiing like a hero ever since. Good luck with your op, I'm sure everything will be fine Smile

I'm not worried about post op...it's just until then, I run the risk of another attack, and that's a daunting thought...last attack a couple weeks ago, I landed in the ER and I was in such a state of distress, they whisked me past everyone else in the waiting room they started treating me like I was having a heart attack!

Now imagine that at 2,400 meters... ski patrol coming to my rescue, then me bumping down the mountain in a toboggan, and that doesn't even get me to a hospital!

So, perhaps I will sneak in a day at Mammoth the 4th of July - being the patriotic yankee that I am, but not sure if that counts as this season, or next season Puzzled

For the rest, still looking for an accommodation within my budget in Wengen or Murren. Chances are it will be Wengen, everything affordable in Feb is booked up...and I have Verbier at Christmas, and begin Feb an Epic Ski meet up in St. Anton
ski holidays
latest report
Chris Brookes wrote:

Go Chris! Smile
latest report
George Lazenby and others will be at the Grand opening on the 29th June 2013
latest report
Trailer for the latest Warren Miller Freeride movie which is out in November 2013 - Highlight: Free-riding on the Schilthorn and footage from the region!

http://youtube.com/v/48rFJ1o_qPQ
snow conditions
Crazy Summer Skiing on the Lauberhorn at
http://youtube.com/v/duAf6iIs5yY
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Brian T, Laughing Laughing
Brilliant!
snow report
Brian T, he did well to get through all those fences, a nasty bit of barbed wire at the Wasser Station Tunnel and multiple Electric fences below the Hanneg Schuss, oh and I wonder who let the Milka Cows onto the Course Laughing

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 22-05-13 22:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
good find Brian T, Laughing
ski holidays
Snowed down to 1100m today (May 24th !!!!!!)

snow report
Almost 2 feet of snow feel over night in Murren .... What Is happening to the weather.

ski holidays
Another 80cm forecast for Friday & Saturday apparently. Crazy.
ski holidays
Very crazy, I've never heard of such large snowfalls so late, I've been out in July/August and had falls of 15-20cm at Kleine Scheidegg but there was only a light dusting at Allmend and all the snow was gone in 48 hours, the Lauberhorn this year has yet to loose its snow covering and I'd guess skiing in the area could certainly have carried on for the whole of April this year though towards the end you'd have had to get the train from Allmend
latest report
Trailer of the Patrouille Suisse display during the ski race at the Lauberhorn 2013

Patrouille Suisse Lauberhorn 2013 Trailer from Yannick Barthe Films
http://vimeo.com/64494872
ski holidays
Construction work for the PIZ GLORIA VIEW.

Picture taken by Schilthorn AG http://www.schilthorn.ch/en/
snow report
The Schilthorn Cableway AG plans to build next to its base station in Stechelberg together with the municipality of Lauterbrunnen, a parking garage with approximately 640 parking spaces. The need for additional and covered parking is great. Especially on sunny and snowy days, the current parking lot is congested, so many vehicles must park in the surrounding meadows or along the roadside. "It is a sustainable and interesting project," opened Peter Wälchli Mayor Lauterbrunnen, in the evening. "The community is Lauterbrunnen for years in the process of local planning and building ordinance that falls in here," he continued. In addition, the parking garage for residents and tourists would be a real improvement in quality and well put into the landscape. With regard to the construction of the car park, the building ordinance No. 5 "Lengwald" is revised. "The goal is to strive for unbundling and simplification, and to create space for the future," concludes Peter Wälchli.

Full article: http://www.seilbahn.net/sn/index.php?i=60&kat=4&news=4970&titel=Schilthornbahn:%20Mitwirkungsverfahren%20Parkhaus%20Stechelberg%20eroefnet
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:

That looks like it'll be a summer thing, or are they planning on putting up a walkway out to it in the winter too? Would be a shame, I think, to make it too easy to access that ridge, and the offpiste below?
ski holidays
feef wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

That looks like it'll be a summer thing, or are they planning on putting up a walkway out to it in the winter too? Would be a shame, I think, to make it too easy to access that ridge, and the offpiste below?

Summer only due to H&S
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy