Warning: file_get_contents(https://vimeo.com/api/oembed.json?url=https://vimeo.com/18376850&width=640): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /var/www/html/ski-forum/includes/xtrafunctions.php on line 3631
Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2 (28), snowHeads ski forum
 Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
gamer2471, I think (am really not sure) that theres a gentle walk up from Murren cablecar to the top of the sledge run, most locals I've found to be pretty helpful, I would suggest asking at the bigger train stations or cablecar stations, however it is worth bearing in mind that almost all the various chairlifts are owned by different people, not all of whom get along (which is why the Arven chair top station is just a little lower than the Lauberhorn chair bottom station Mad So whilst one chairlift might take pedestrians/sleds/dogs etc another won't. In addition some of these chairlifts go to locations with no winter walking or sledge paths, so I suspect none of those will let you go up and get off (they might allow you to do a round trip though), if you stay at a hotel there's a good chance that the hotelier could call the lift people directly and ask them for you.

For certain I have seen the lauberhorn chair used in summer to take people up but don't think I've seen it used in winter to take non skiers/boarders up.

I think I've seen the Inner Wengen chair take pedestrians up in the winter, but... they might have been locals or staff
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Today's weather was rather miserable. Zero visibility from low cloud which turned to freezing fog later on.

Still, it gave me an excuse to enjoy an extended lunch and some apple fritters at Brandegg

Tomorrow's not looking much better
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
feef,

But the weekend should be epic!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
HeidiAmsterdam, hope so. I've been scoping out some lines that could be good with a bit of fresh on them
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On that subject ... Any chance of a snow report for next week

I'm being purely selfish now Happy
But I have had to wait 13 months
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
gamer2471, the forecast has been changing more frequently than a proverbial euphemism these last few days.

However, it's currently looking like snow on Monday and Tuesday, and then sunny spells later in the week. It'll be COLD too..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any other SH around on Saturday who might fancy a bit of a slide?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gamer2471

Three sledge runs in Mürren -

Allmendhubel down to Mürren (take the Almendhubel Funnicular which costs about 6chf for an adult)....no 42 on map called the Bob run
Mürren down to Gimmelwald is excellent depending on the weather(either walk back up or take the cablecar back up)....no.45 on map and is a road in the summer
Winteregg down to Lauterbrunnen (taking the cablecar back up) again weather permitting...no3 on map

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ feef .... COLD is good we like it subzero. Great news
@ chris .... Thankou so much for clarifying the 3 runs over Murren side. It's really helpful, I had emailed their tourist office for info about start points etc but they were not as helpful as your post .. So thankyou again.

If my mobile Internet is running in wengen next week I will post some pano photos as I did last year, new compact camera so rude not too.

Thanks again, v much appreciated.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ps..................its currently snowing !!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You should check out Mountago for loads of useful info about ski resorts. Mountago has ski maps, wetaher forecasts and business lists for accommodation, bars, restauarants etc. with user reviews.
Here's it's page on Murren: Mountago.com/resort/murren#
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DaSteMeister,

That website and specifcially the page for Murren you have provided a link for, has very little 'information':
Zero bars, zero restuarants, zero shops, zero travel, zero activities.
Likewise the (24) accomodation link, just hangs for me... Still, there is the 'wetaher' forcast to set it apart from others i guess snowHead

You appear very enamoured with the site however ? curious....

A meat based Monty Python song springs to mind ?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Brookes,

Where is the Haus Sigrist in relation to the ski lifts?

Shopping for Feb next year...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great powder day today. Viz was a bit hit and miss, and it just kept on snowing at Mannlichen. Cold. Minus 5 as I type this.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Great powder day today. Viz was a bit hit and miss, and it just kept on snowing at Mannlichen. Cold. Minus 5 as I type this.

Excellent. Wonder it was like in Engelberg...not many SH skiing or posting about it, so follow this thread as weather wise, it should be fairly similar...
snow report
HeidiAmsterdam wrote:
Chris Brookes,

Where is the Haus Sigrist in relation to the ski lifts?

Shopping for Feb next year...

Its 5 mins max from the Mürrenbahn train station and about 10 mins up the hill to the Almendhubel funnicular.

Go to http://www.muerren.ch/start-e.htm

search accommodation then apartments and scroll down and click on Haus Sigrist. It will then show you a village map where it is located.

In relation to how close to the lifts...its not excellent but very reasonable in price.
latest report
DaSteMeister wrote:
You should check out Mountago for loads of useful info about ski resorts. Mountago has ski maps, wetaher forecasts and business lists for accommodation, bars, restauarants etc. with user reviews.
Here's it's page on Murren: Mountago.com/resort/murren#

Alot more info required
snow report
telford_mike wrote:

Yup. We hopped into mannlichen late morning and had lunch at the top. As the visibility got poorer later on, we hopped back over to tschuggen and played in the trees.

Managed 28s on the slalom. Must try harder!
ski holidays
Mürren Whitestyle Open 2013: Ski/BASE

Whitestyle 2013: Ski/BASE from Dan Vicary
https://vimeo.com/61844800
latest report
What a CRACKING day.. sun almost all day, still some untouched fresh from yesterday if you knew where to look.

Awesome. Just a shame it got so busy
snow conditions
feef wrote:
What a CRACKING day.. sun almost all day, still some untouched fresh from yesterday if you knew where to look.

Awesome. Just a shame it got so busy

Absolutely. And yes, why was Scheidegg so rammed? Mannlichen was comparatively quiet.
snow report
telford_mike, Dunno... First was quiet too apparently.

Today we did the out-of-bounds off-piste under the Piz Gloria. There's still beautiful powder to be had down there.

Also watched a few of the guys throw themselves off the Wasenegg in the Kick the Vic free-ride competition.

Was a belter of a day!
ski holidays
feef, we were over there too today. Just got back after several too many beers waiting for the train at Winteregg.
ski holidays
feef, where did you go off-piste under the Piz? (which route)
ski holidays
Heavy snow today. Started at breakfast time, eased off a bit and now it's really chucking it down. Looking good for Easter.

snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:

I'm not sure how many routes there are.

Climbed down the roped off stairs from the terasse, and followed the building round to the right. Then went out, left, on a ridge and dropped in with Piz Gloria above and to our right.
latest report
What

A

Day!

snow report
wow.

speechless.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
feef wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

I'm not sure how many routes there are.

Climbed down the roped off stairs from the terasse, and followed the building round to the right. Then went out, left, on a ridge and dropped in with Piz Gloria above and to our right.

2 routes that i know of wink

this is one of them -

https://vimeo.com/18376850
latest report
SUGGESTION --- having just returned from our Grindelwald week (March 10 - 17) I found it EXTREMELY helpful to keep an eye on the daily webcams from each of the areas. Channel 1 on the tv has them (after all the lift operating status updates) and I had also downloaded the link to my iPad home screen) http://www.swisspanorama.com/ and http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/travel-information/webcams/winter-webcams/ are good links. This was particularly valuable to us on Wednesday March 13 which was miserable in the village (heavy fog) and also on most of the mountain BUT we saw that the Jungfraujoch was in sunshine so we traveled up there for a marvelous visit and made very good use of that day ....the clouds/fog were almost as high as the first Eiger Gallery windows (but not quite) so we were very happy to have sun and views all the way up from that point. The Alpine experience, ice palace, etc were all lovely visits. We also had a nice light lunch (lobster soup and a glass of wine) in the higher end Crystal restaurant on the second level with a fantastic view)
ski holidays
medskis, yep I'm sure I've mentioned them before but with so many posts it doesn't hurt to remind people, there are also some excellent panocams in Wengen and Murren and Grindelwald that let you keep an eye on resort conditions as well

http://bellevue.roundshot.ch/

http://hoteledelweiss.roundshot.ch/

http://kirchbuehl.roundshot.ch/
snow conditions
Been across to First the last 2 days. Everything still very good, no problem skiing down to the bus stops at Hotel Wetterhorn or the lower one towards town. Had a play on the skier-cross course - really good fun! There seem to be a few more people arriving this evening. Warm and sunny today, +6C currently.
snow conditions
Public Grand Opening on 29th June 2013

snow report
Cloudy and snowing for the second day on the trot. Can't see anything, even in the trees down to Mary's. Better day forecast tomorrow Very Happy

Snow still very good, everything open. If anyone's planning a last-minute Easter trip the Jungfrau Region would be a good bet.
snow report
Coming out to Wengen on Friday for a week. How are conditions - especially resort runs home.. Regardless can't wait
snow report
Wengen.com still says snow on lower slopes very good despite there only being 20cm at innerwengen, that said the live camera from there shows good piste conditions with no bare patches, weather wise expect the temps to hover around 0C varying between +6 during the day and -4 at night with occasional light rain or snow slightly heavier on Thursday and Saturday this week next week similar conditions, possibly slightly warmer average temps
ski holidays
Skied down to the Manlichen cable car this morning. It's getting soft, but it's still skiable. I don't know about elsewhere in Wengen.
snow report
Many thanks. Sounds great for late March.
latest report
Brian T wrote:
Coming out to Wengen on Friday for a week. How are conditions - especially resort runs home.. Regardless can't wait

Everything, and I mean everything, is open in Wengen. Not just open but in good nick too. Skied to the Rancher bar in Grindelwald for lunch, practically unheard of at the end of March. Then down to Mary's and back to Wengen no problem at all. More snow forecast too Very Happy
snow report
Howdy all,
Looking to go back for 4th year in a row, but discovered the beauty of Mürren this year and wish to stay there in 2014...

Can anyone let me know what conditions are 'typically' like 2nd week of Jan in this area ? And are there any hols or events that might escalate the numbers sat 11th jan to sat 18th jan 2014 ?

Very excited about staying in Mürren next year, fingers crossed if the above dates are not conflicting with hols or some such..

Appreciate any info .. Will be 1st "ski" hol after a few sledging ones!

Thankyou v much
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy