Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2015/16

Poster: A snowHead
BTW - The little bit of snow that fell overnight helped first things this morning but it was soon pushed to the side and it was back to brown, icy and grassy runs. Not too busy in resort. Snow is needed!!

Here are a few shots from NY Day -

Final run of the week
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ha, that pic of the Bellcote bubbles reminds me, if you want to experience first hand how ski lift technology has improved, ride those bubbles and then the new gondola at Montalbert, the difference is incredible. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Defintion of optimism?

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone else's webcams not updating on their Yuge app?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Same. Working on the website though. Looks to be filling in nicely, just in time for us
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Montalbert seems in its own low micro climate today. All white yet Monthcavin and Champgny still trying hard to show any white.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you look at the webcam from the pic above now, it's decidedly whiter. Long may it continue.

http://www.la-plagne.com/infos-live/webcams.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's been snowing persistently since 8am the roads are all white and being ploughed, the advice to leave before was spot on!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah, lovely constant snow here for the moment, nice to finally see people skiing through Bellecote.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots of lovely snow

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Woohoo!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Currently showing 1.2m due over the next week.

Keep it coming

Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Perfect timing, we arrive on the 17th of Jan 😀
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowbandit wrote:
Perfect timing, we arrive on the 17th of Jan 😀

Snap Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Booooooo. Just as I left resort it started dumping it down. Oh well I guess I will have to hold on for 2 weeks then rip the three valleys up LOL Very Happy
ski holidays
Well, just been all round the webcams, and lovely La Plagne now looks like a proper ski resort - even down to Montalbert! snowHead
With more snow to come (hopefully rolling eyes ), the place should be just fine when i get back on the 20th
(seems you're gonna miss your Hobnobs again boredsurfin - when are your back?)
ski holidays
Borselier Champagny and Courchevel loking good.

Jonpim, yep! But I'll try and leave you some snow snowHead

and before anyone asks wink Mont de la Guerre isn't open ...
ski holidays
Ah, the wonderful Borselier, with the lovely upstairs semi-private sofas and single loo-with-a-view.
And generous hot chocky in a bowl (with doughnuts for extra treat). snowHead
snow report
@Jonpim, The older guy who runs the Inversens restaurant was saying another 30cms of fresh snow tonight, the younger guy reckoned 50 cms.
It was pretty good today and they are forecasting plenty more snow over the next 9 days so normal service should be resumed soon.
ski holidays
I love the Inversens and Borseliers. Never been inside though.
snow conditions
@Whisky_priest, Both are well worth a visit.

By the way, it is dumping it down in Champagny village at the moment so the younger guy could well be right with his forecast.
latest report
Well, have you looked at the webcams today!
Lots of lovely yummy snow everywhere.
On Friday Montalbert was all green/brown with a sad strip of white down to the gondola. On the other side of the valley the snow line was higher than i've seen in April.
But today: all white, and snow line down to the valley floor (well, at least below what you can see of the other side).
And more to come?
Should be wonderful in 2 weeks time snowHead
ski holidays
@Jonpim, certainly hope it stays like this now! We arrive in 12 days!!!
ski holidays
if the forecast is right, there should be another 1.5m in the next week of two, i'm there on the 23rd Toofy Grin
snow report
Heres last nights contribution snowHead
Haven't been out today as had to pop up to GVA and back first thing.
latest report
@boredsurfin, looks about 20cm? That picture taken down in Montalbert too? The dump looks to have transformed Montalbert overnight.
snow conditions
and just for the record ...

Champagny 30/12/2015
and
Champagny 03/01/2016
snow conditions
@boredsurfin, And there was a load more snow on there today, knee deep in places on the piste as they hadn't bashed much of last night's snow.
Lots of good powder on most of the pistes in La Plagne as well although most were becoming pretty bumpy at the end of the day and the light was a bit flat.
Tomorrow should be a good day when the pistes have been bashed, looks like it could be a sunny day as well.

@Jonpim, When is Jean due out again? Most of the regulars have arrived or are arriving this week.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chopkins13, enjoy! A pity it looks like you will depart on the day that I arrive, would have been nice to meet up again were it not for that. Unless you're taking a sneaky fortnight rather than the one week?

@gazzaredcruiser, am also arriving that weekend and really looking forward to it now! Glad I booked the overnight Fri train option to get there so I will enjoy the Saturday as well at the start of the week ....
snow report
@SteveM, two weeks would be very nice indeed but only a week on this occasion I'm afraid! That said we're currently trying to find somewhere for a week 19 March so could well be back in La Plagne! And that's after a sneaky long weekend with my mates in Morzine in Feb so I really can't complain this year!!
snow report
Just captured from the Bergerie webcam

Hopefully the Dou du Praz drag will be open by the end of the month so that I can drop back into the chalet via the back of Plagne Soleil
snow report
ukredsox, lovely picture.
Lucky sods, all you out there now.
Pistes quiet and lots of yummy snow snowHead
Roll on January 20th . . .
snow conditions
They said it would be cloudy so we headed over to Champagny and found ourselves in Borselier again!
Heres the view from the loo snowHead

ski holidays
and the view from the restaurant..
ski holidays
Today was lovely on piste with no stones or bare patches, tomorrow I will put the old Atomics away and get my best ski's out snowHead
IF the forecast snow overnight and all day tomorrow comes to fruition everything, pistes and lifts should be able to open. However, even the 'mounds' either side of the Colorado lift have slab avalanches sliding down them or huge slabs just ready to go! Avalanches both forced and natural can be seen in all the usual spots. The death over in Val today in an Avalanche brings home the messages about staying on piste for the immediate future.
ski holidays
So, with my Paradiski pass I can chip off somewhere else for the day. I'm familiar with the Tignes end of the valley if we decide to ski up there, but what if we opt for Three Valleys? What's the best option logistically - cable up from Brides-les-Bains? We will be driving from Les Coches and will decide where to go on the day depending on conditions.
latest report
@Jenniper, I suggest driving all the way up to the top of Meribel Mottaret. There is free parking there(most times, anyway), and you drop down right into the route centre with lots of choices of where to ge next. The gondola from Brides takes ages by comparison, and you still need uplift when you get to Meribel.

snowHead
ski holidays
@Chris Bish, that's super - thanks!

Just a quick daft question - what sort of weather would need chains to get to 1750m? We are only staying at 1450m so if it's snowing we'd either stay put or stay low. We will defo have winter tyres.
ski holidays
@Jenniper, I would check where you can use the one day elsewhere at the lift pass office as there have been changes for this season, depending on pass type length etc
snow conditions
Hmm. That all depends on the weather, of course, but the road up to Meribel is served by buses, so mostly clear. There are some hairpins up to the top of Mottaret but lots of people go up there, so i imagine it would be cleared quite quickly. If there is that much snow you would find it a bit of a problem to get down from Les Coches in the first place, so you would know.
If you do go up there, look out for the bridge across the road that serves the Chalets lift. After that, on the right, there is parking for the flats where you can usually find a space. Go round to the right of the Crocodile Bar, and you are on the piste with lifts below you.

I once spent a very late Easter week in La Plagne 1800 when the snow was thin and skied mostly in Val d'Isere and Meribel! Did a bit of driving!
snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy