Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Winter 2008-2009

Poster: A snowHead
easiski, good to see you last week, came to see if you where in Lutins on Sunday but as you already know must have missed you, already wish we where back but hey the pics help. See you soon. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fragy, Yes - sorry not to see you. Be sure to give me a bell when you're back out in summer so we can sort out getting your apt on the site. Very Happy Very nice to meet Mrs Fragy too. Very Happy I ws there on Sunday but left earlier.

AlTom, I think we're now expecting about 10 days or so of snowy weather, but TBH it looks as though the conditions are even better chez vous. Looks good in the National Park though. Our problem this year has been the wind which has made many of the ridges bare. Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fragy, Was good to meet you both Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
today was a big improvement on yesterday. It was dull and the light was quite flat, and it was quite cold (not above -3 at my house in mid-afternoon), but not windy - at least at the Cretes level. that makes all the difference in the world. Very Happy OTOH the snow was very odd as it varied between nice winter packed powder to corrugated ice on the pistes, both village and Cretes. Valentin was more of the same with a couple of slicker patches. Quite skiable but not worth a second go. It's snowing now, has been lightly snowing since mid-afternoon. and is set to continue most of the night according to the forecast. We'll see what's what tomorrow morning. Very Happy I'm afraid I forgot to take a photo, but as it was so dull you're not missing much.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It was lovely this morning (apart from the wind above 2,400m). Sunny and with a smashing bit of powder on top of the pistes. My beginners loved it and we did a number of runs making tracks on the Grand Viking and Geniannes. Very Happy The snow on the Cretes was fab, and all the icy patches have gone, but the Grande Pente at 14.15 or so wasn't so nice - frozen lumps under a very (by the bottom) gloopy cover of about 10cms. Sad Still, it's all good practise. wink

2 pics today to make up for yesterday: one of the Gentiannes with just a few tracks on early in the morning, and one of some people up on Rachas a little bit later (about 10.15-30). Looked good. Very Happy I'll leave you to sort out which is which - shouldn't be too hard. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Butterfly, good to meet you all too!! hope you had a good trip home Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski wrote:
........ The snow on the Cretes was fab, and all the icy patches have gone........

You do know how to make those of us back home again desperate to return asap!!

Glad the weather has improved - I did feel a tad guilty having had so much wall-to-wall sunshine which didn't last after we left Embarassed !

fragy yes we had a good journey home - flight touched down 40 mins early, and the roads home were free flowing!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Firstly, I have to say that I forgot to take my camera today, and my phone wouldn't play, so SORRY.

It started off quite nice (wind at glacier officailly 'nul'), but once we got up there the wind perked up and made life quite unpleasant. OTOH the snow on the Signal was really great, soft and powdery, and then on down from there it was really very good. The offpiste bit on the 'Moonland' was a gentle breakable crust which was hard for the 2/3 week skiers, but it's very flat and we went very slowly. Very Happy Skied on down to 2,600m in very nice snow and then Grand Creux, a little harder in places, but still good. Gours was excellent too and the waterfall is accessible again. there were lots of people in Chalance which looked nice, and overall there was nothing much to complain about. Windy off and on, cloudy off and on, flat light off and on. Chemin des Demoiselles is getting well worn and sludgy, and the bottom of Valentin was goo. Sad Otherwise a good day. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski wrote:
......there were lots of people in Chalance which looked nice.....

Nice to know Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, A fair bit of snow forecast for the next week I see. Perfect for our arrival on the the 5th Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B, We'll be there from the 8th, see you there Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B, R32, hope you have as fab a time as we did. Wish so much that I was going with you, but I mustn't be greedy snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Butterfly, Why not? It's fould today - pi**ing with rain down here all day. No doubt it's snowing at the Cretes, but I'm not sure how far up the face. I've got a day off so I haven't been outside at all. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Am I allowed to be greedy for time in LDA then - oh goody!! Mr B & I have been reminiscing over the summer trip today and both are keen to do it again, finances permitting, though I told him that he'd love it just as much in winter - it's just different!

Don't blame you for staying in - guess you're required to do plenty of Ioda polishing while there too! Would be staying in myself if I could today as we have hail, rain & strong wind here rolling eyes. Trouble is a local vicar us getting married this pm so we have to ring a special peal for him.

BTW I did manage to stick the HH in the post to you - hope it makes it and I sent Cathy a letter too - hope my French passes muster!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Butterfly, Thanks, we will Very Happy
You are most definitely allowed......we'll be seeing you in the summer then Very Happy Cool
latest report
easiski, Looked very grey on the webcams earlier Sad
snow report
It turned to snow down here not long after I posted, but as the ground's wet and warm I have no idea how much has settled on the existing snow. It is settling on the garden though.

Butterfly, H & H has arrived and I read it this morning - thank you. Ioda has had more attention today than any cat merits, but he insisted! rolling eyes
snow report
Aww, course he deserves the fuss! Hope u both had a well earned day of rest Very Happy
snow conditions
R32, Yes will look forward to meeting you, we are then until the 14th.
latest report
It snowed all day, but wasn't terribly cold in the village. I don't think it was very windy higher up either (I spent the whole day down here). However the viz look well dodgy above about 1800m all day, and it got seriously foggy down here this afternoon. rolling eyes I nearly lost a small child in the fog!

Pic (believe it or not) is the road outside my house this morning. Shocked
snow conditions
Colin B, Us too Cool
snow conditions
It was one of those temperature inversion days today. Foggy at mine this morning but low cloud at the nursery slopes. However it was brilliantly sunny above about 2,500m. Very Happy I mostly stayed low down Sad but did get up to the glacier for a meet with a guy who was confused and was actaully at 2,600m! Anyway, that allowed me to ski down the Breche on my own, and I stopped just above the mid station of the 8 man chair to take this picture looking over to the top of the Lac Noir and Toura chairs. You can clearly see the clouds, and La Muzelle is in the background. The snow high up was quite scraped in places, and down in the village it was very soggy when we got back. The Demoiselles was mushy but OK, and the Cretes was quite nice, but you couldn't see anything! Laughing
snow conditions
It was really nice today, and really warm. Very Happy Hard on the nursery slopes in the early morning but good at the Cretes and I skied down the Valentin at about 11.30 or so and it was perfect. REally hard, but grippy. It was just a shame that of the only 10 peeps or so on the run one was of the fast lose height through a pivot but no direction change variety. I get really hacked off TBH - it's my only run of the day - my 'treat' and some bu**er makes me feel so insecure that I cant' enjoy it. Twisted Evil
the snow on the nursery slopes stayed good until about 13.30 or so, and then turned to heavy slush. The off piste was interesting - gluey but skiable. Laughing Laughing I took the kids off in it a bit. Laughing Laughing
Pic is from the Grand Viking lift looking over towards the Perrons/Vallons - you can't see the tracks int he pic unfortunately. Sad
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
I get really hacked off TBH - it's my only run of the day - my 'treat' and some bu**er makes me feel so insecure that I cant' enjoy it. Twisted Evil
Can understand that. Hope the next opportunity's better. You have not been reporting vole-counts, do we take it he's gone off them?
snow conditions
Mr L caught a vole half way down the Y the other day. Didn't eat t though. Laughing
snow report
Hope you told him what a clever boy he was Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
easiski, Valentin seems to attract those skiers for some reason. Yet they seem to leave other runs, like Y, alone. Odd.
latest report
achilles, that's cos they can't find L'Y on the piste map as they'll be looking for a black called "Leegreck" Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Butterfly, No, but he's been a very naughty stop-out lately. He's off first thing in the morning, not at home when I get back, and thenstrolls in around 21.00 or so. yesterday I had to jump out of the bath to lock the cat flap as the day before he came in at midnight with live vole. Mummy was not amused! rolling eyes he's had visitors the last 2 evenings and hasn't bothered to say hello either. Evil or Very Mad

Today was not dissimilar to yesterday, but there was alittle more cloud, and the snow was softer to start with as we had cloud cover in the night. Very sludgy low down but the Cretes was lovely this afternoon and the Valentin was fine at the same time as yesterday. Goulet du Grand Nord was good this morning apart from all the nutters making it their life's work to frighten novices. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Pic is looking towards Toura and the snowpark from just beside the Toura restaurant.
ski holidays
Sounds like the young man has spring in his tail! I have had Charlie refuse to come in before we go out of an evening - he really gives me a mouthful when we turn up later & he's feeling the cold.
Quote:
Goulet du Grand Nord was good this morning apart from all the nutters making it their life's work to frighten novices.
It's almost as if the "debutante zone" signs act as a red rag isn't it rolling eyes
latest report
hi guys, I did not make it on your bash but guess what rolling eyes I am coming on the 11/04
I will be staying in Le Cret,
no, please, do not say it's a damp and I should stay at home wink
anyone around L2A at that time ? Little Angel
snow conditions
Snowdrop, Nothing at all wrong with Le Cret. Very Happy Still here that week (or part) will be the R32s and Garethjomo

don't know about further up but it wet and foggy here this morning. Sad
snow report
easiski, oh , foggy Sad
I hope it will cheer up for you,
i saw reports that Le Cret was run by juvenile and hangover staff and the bar next to it was noisy,
too late , I have booked it Madeye-Smiley
just working on my pains and aches now Cool
snow report
Snowdrop, We will be in The Secret Bar underneath Le Cret most evenings using their 'free' wi-fi wink
Will probably have George the dog with us, so please say Hi Cool

We actually found one of "juvenile and hungover staff" dressed as Santa Claus in one of our corridors, fast asleep next to a radiator on Christmas morning Shocked

I think the pub they are talking about may be the Boardwalk across the road, but I don't think it's that bad really.
snow report
Snowdrop, almost all TO accommodation is run by hungover juveniles. I thought everyone knew that by now.
ski holidays
Lizzard, one lives in hope for value for the cash handed over wink
snow report
R32, I will try to find you , especially if you have a dog, my kids love 4 legged friends
I am a funny woman in a white beret with 2 boys in tow,
ski holidays
Snowdrop, I can't speak about the staff of Skiworld at the hotel, but the hotel itself is fine. Hopefully you'll be in a higher, further back room and shouldn't hear too much noise. Give me a bell when you get here (Butterfly has told me who you are).

Sorry that the snow report is late, but I was too tired last night to get on the computer when I got home. It was a rather better day than we expected, and although threatening at times and with bits of snow and hail it was largely quite bright and not windy at the Cretes. Unfortunately it didn't freeze int he night though so the lower slopes were disgusting later to the point where I didn't bother to ski the kids down. Sad Pic is from the Cretes chair. The snow on the Cretes was also very soggy in the afternoon, but we found good snow on the top section of the thuit. The lower section and the Gours were closed - I presume due to avalanche danger - in the afternoon.
snow conditions
easiski, what kids do you teach ? mine need to join classes, I also want to join a group,
a friend of mine was in St Anton at Feb half term, she was dropping the kids off in the morning at picking them up in the afternoon, the school had them including lunch,
is there such thing in L2A ?
I hope the snow will not melt by the time we get there Sad
snow conditions
Snowdrop, Unfortunately the kids I have that week are older and pretty good (blacks), and I don't have any space at all until Thurs. Let me know if you'd like a couple of 1-1 sessions though.

Lovely day today. I took my beginners to the glacier. The snow was fab, the wind light, and the views pretty good except for a bit of mist that was moving around. They skied well and loved it (even the one that hates heights). Very Happy I skied all the way down at about 14.30 and only came onto the wetter snow about Cretes level. Valentin as gooey top and bottom but fine spring snow in the middle. Shocked

Pic looking down the glacier
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy