Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Winter 2008-2009

Poster: A snowHead
I'd show you what Grimsby looks like this morning but you'd only be jealous wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ive been getting quite addicted to those webcams easiski!
Theres no picture from them now, you cant see anything, does that mean its snowing?
Please say yes!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Started snowing this morning, still falling now and looks like there's a fair bit on the way. Happy Days Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes - it's been cold and blowy and snowy all day. Truly nasty on the Petit Cretes chair, so I brought my student down and we worked inthe village. We're very lucky to have that option with so much skiing right down here. Very Happy I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see what's on the ground tomorrow morning. Pic looking across the lower slopes to the South! Shocked the view has completely disappeared!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good good - lots of the wonderful white stuff can't be bad unless it stops play, and it clearly didn't!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry for slightly hijacking this thread away from reports but at dinner i realised we're only 3 weeks and 6 days away from our trip to LDA Laughing very happy its my first trip to the resort and it looks fantastic! Ski hire was booked today as we're lift passes!

Will look forward to meeting easiski as she'll be teaching my littlest brother Little Angel

What im mainly trying to find out is how to get to ADH?? I heard there's a helicopter?? is that expensive? is there a bus between the two? costs etc would be very helpful!

Thanks very much and lets hope it snows right up until my first days skiing (15th feb) Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
swskier, there is a bus - it's cheap but I don't know the price. Lizzard will probably know. Snowed overnight, was snowing when I got up, stopped now but looks threatening.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Back in work this morning after a great 10 day trip to Les Deux Alps. Many thanks to Easiski not only for the lessons but her company and hospitality too. And of course the memorable trip to La Grave. Fantastic experience. Was good to meet Achilles too. Hope you had a good trip home
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
swskier, the bus was about 5 euros or so, one way
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Heli about 35E per person. 5 mins - nice for a treat snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mogs, had a smooth trip home, thanks. Pics of the La Grave day start here - click the arrows to move on - or the clapper board icon for a slide show. Click the picture itself to enlarge. I was really impressed how quickly you two progressed last week. From not having skied a red to skiing La Grave in just 2 days - and safely - astonished me. I'd like to add some of your pictures to the album - I'll PM you.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's been a bit brighter today, although it was snowing earlier. We could see the bottom of La Muzelle, but the clouds were down around 2,500m or so and it looked as if it might be snowing there. There was about 3-4 cams of fresh on the nursery slope - silky at 09.30 but sticky by 11.00. It will clearly snow again before long and is forecast to be heavier tonight. Very Happy

I have 2 pix for you today: 1 is a view of the Grand Viking nursery slope, and the other is of the most fantastic ski suit I've ever, ever seen. None of us could believe our eyes, so here's a photo of it! Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski,
Quote:

the most fantastic ski suit I've ever, ever seen

Shocked

Fantastic isn't quite the word that sprang to my mind on seeing this pic.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chalky, don't tell lies. You love that sort of thing. Especially as it's predominantly pink.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chalky, paulmck, It was even more spectacular in the flesh than in the photo - clearly a one off, but the question is: did she think she looked good in it???????? Laughing
latest report
easiski, Did anyone think to ask how much was won in the bet?!
snow report
Err, if they are rather less loud, are one-piece suits permitted in Easiski-land? I am rather tempted to bring my EoSB ebay purchase as well as my jacket/slopettes as it is much warmer, but dare I risk it?? Cool
ski holidays
Butterfly, If it's anything like more than 2 colours then no! I would die of embarassment. It's sooooooooo unprofessional. rolling eyes

Snowed loads last night and still snowing here's an early morning pic from my window.
ski holidays
Easiski, by EoSB standards it's positively quiet - only 2 colours snowHead.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 20-01-09 9:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Wow, lots of lovely fresh pow then! The snow forecast is ridiculous for later this week. Oh its gonna be sooo good! I am so jealous of all you lot already out there, have a run and a beer for me.
Be there soon, 17 days. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski, it's all right. I can handle pictures of powder. I don't need counselling. Much. Sad
ski holidays
achilles, aww!! Are you going again this year? It's 45 days & counting for me!
latest report
Butterfly, I just might - I really like LDA - and if MSB details are not published soon, I might go for LDA to have something firm to book around. Might also look at Serre Chevalier - loads of off-piste there, if I can rustle up 3 mates to go with me. La Grave is also a thought.
snow report
achilles, Remember we have a trip to LDA the 2 weeks 7th & 14th March - good company assured!
ski holidays
Bas des Pistes Webcam.......Lots of Snow Smile

Shame we'll not be out in Feb now Sad
snow conditions
Butterfly, Well - nuff said! Twisted Evil you could always put your jacket on top ...

R32, You could always sell your tunnel ticket and go to Scotland - looking good I reckon up there! Not so far too.

achilles, I am really sorry - I would have changed it if I could.

Actually it stopped snowing about 09.00 and stayed fairly dry until mid-afternoon. the viz wasn't too bad although a bit flat, and the snow quality was very good - even on the nursery slopes where my 3rd day beginners had a taste of 'pow'. Very Happy Picture is of someone who had just done a headplant at the bottom of Les Posettes - he learn't not to rotate by the time we got down. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
easiski, We bought it using the Frequent Traveller account....and it's only valid until the beginning of March so it looks like we'll lose it Sad
Already suggested a long weekend in Scotland to Mr R32 but didn't seem too enthusiastic.....watch this space Wink
ski holidays
Update..........Mr R32 has just seen what I've written and commented "Maybe we could have a weekend there" Smile

Any ideas where to go?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Today was pretty fantastic, good few inches of powder knocking about so we've been out farming it good and proper!
snow report
R32, Depends on where the best snow is - you could just drive around to all the different places - see a lot of very pretty views in the Highlands that way. Very Happy

Swirly, Saw Kristof who was suffering with achy legs.
snow report
easiski, yeah he was pretty knackered, we got on diable which only had one track on it then lapped the vallons 3 times, which finished him off! then we did the Grand Pente followed by 4 laps of the top half of Belle Etoille and finished down the vallons again. Not a bad day really snowHead
latest report
R32, www.winterhighland.com is a good place to start.
May well be heading up next week myself if the weather settles. Fingers crossed!
Great to see the conditions in LDA. Looking forward to it continuing til we hit town next month (4 weeks on Friday...)
snow conditions
It was wall to wall sunshine today but very cold (which is good for the snow of course). I didn't go anywhere but the snow on the Grand Viking first thing was like silk. Very Happy the little spots of powder left were still very light too, which makes a nice change down here. Pic from the bottom of the Petit Viking looking up at Sapins.
snow conditions
easiski, that's a fine sight. Bet La Grave is in good shape. When are you next going over/round?
ski holidays
OO000hhhh!! I want to be there! Can I just step into that picture if I close my eyes and wish hard??
snow conditions
paulmck, yes looked at website....even more confused now, all looks good!! Where are you thinking of going? Or will you do as Easiski said and drive around?

easiski, Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Butterfly, Me too Sad
ski holidays
paulmck, No Liaison at the moment - their tow is in pieces - no idea if it'll be fixed this winter. So at the mo it's costing another 35 euros for their lift. Factor that in when you get your liftpasses. You could walk over and ski down, but then you'd have to hitch/taxi back so it doesn't really help - liftpass is cheaper.

I will go as soon as anyone wants me to and will pay for my liftpass (half price), but am pretty busy for a while.
snow conditions
easiski, Thanks for that. Will bear that in mind.
R32, will pm you now.
snow report
Yesterday was another epic day, great snow to be had. Today it's already began to get icy at the bottom of diable with a few bits poking through. Y was good although again a bit icy at the bottom. More snow on the way I think. I wouldn't take those two pistes as being representative of the whole hill although we didn't do anything else; the easy slopes at the bottom were in good nick and I'd imagine the rest of the hill is too. A pile of photos from the last snowfall on my trip report in snowboarding.

Edit to remove a massive incidence of the word though Embarassed

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 22-01-09 18:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy