Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Winter 2008-2009

Poster: A snowHead
easiski wrote:
espri, Not everyone is staying in the same place as the Lutins doesn't suit everyone, but it will be our base - where are you staying?

We're at the Hotel Mounier. I was delighted to see that you recommend it - only hope that we haven't pushed the boat out too far Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bucking bronco, Not yet, and usually it's not before at least the middle of January.

It was very cold and snowing and generally horrid all day, but it did manage to drop about 5-8cms in all, although it's stopped now. It's cloudy though, so with a bit of luck it may snow again before morning. Anything is beter than nothing, and the pic today is a snowy scene taken at around 17.00 when I realised I'd forgotton to take a photo today - sorry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Please can someone post approx eating out costs at the mo so I can give those I am taking in March an idea of how much dosh they will need. We're B&B based.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Butterfly, If I ever get a mo I'll look round some menus. I ate a funghi in Il Caminetto the other night and it was €10

snow on the ground, clouds in the ski this morning
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
has anyone stayed at the hotel aalborg before as i am there on the 17th jan and just wondered what the food etc.. is like there as i am on half board, can you tell what would be a the easiest way to ski back to the hotel as well to avoid crowds etc.. i have a 9 year old coming out with me as well and he wants to do snow boarding but is a complete beginner is there a good school you could recommend to put him in

thx
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
chewy192 wrote:
has anyone stayed at the hotel aalborg before as i am there on the 17th jan and just wondered what the food etc.. is like there as i am on half board, can you tell what would be a the easiest way to ski back to the hotel as well to avoid crowds etc.. i have a 9 year old coming out with me as well and he wants to do snow boarding but is a complete beginner is there a good school you could recommend to put him in

thx
Butterfly - Please can someone post approx eating out costs
We stayed half board over New Year, but did eat out during the day the at restaurant/cafe near white eggs station at the bottom of the slopes, had 2 soups (pottage) plate of chips and small coke and it came to €23, 2 hot choccies with cream, no alcohol, €8
rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chewy192, I'll be there the same week with my brother! hope you'll enjoy yourself.

easiski, i'll drop you a call, on the number on your site, assuming you're still interested to give my course material a peek. Afraid I won't have the swiss child instructor material.

Anybody know anything about the "Free Respect" programme that is apparently run on monday evenings and tuesday mornings, starting the 19th?

french: http://www.les2alpes.com/fr/hiver/agenda/free-respect.html
google translate: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.les2alpes.com%2Ffr%2Fhiver%2Fagenda%2Ffree-respect.html&sl=fr&tl=en
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ronald wrote:
chewy192, I'll be there the same week with my brother! hope you'll enjoy yourself.

i am sure i will gotta be better than sitting at my desk thats for sure Smile fingers crossed for lots of snow before the 17th
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chewy192,
1st post - by the way thanks to all for the pictures and stories - it made my holiday last soo mch longer than a week!

Stayed in Aalborg over Xmas - it was great and the Neilson staff were really helpful ( we had a 3 and 5 year old). Food was fine, nothing very complicated but not spag bol either (although they do have a children's menu).

The hotel is on the nursery slope, a short ski down to the viking drag lifts (free! and with a small lift pass office just between them at the bottom), so its ideal for beginners and people wanting to watch them from the terrace.

Getting back from the main ski area you have a choice - a long, winding and crowded green (plus some drag lifts) is not really much fun; getting the gondolas down (the sensible option for mixed groups); or straight down one of the blacks (Diable, l'Y, Sapins, Valentin, cutting various corners off the green). Option 3 is pretty dependent on the snow (and your abilities!). You can see the Hotel easily from all of them, but if you take Valentin you need to cut left as soon as possible to stay high enough to hit the hotel withot needing an extra lift.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
thx thats good to know the food is ok, nothing worse than going half board only to find the food is dire

i am fairly comfortable on most black runs so i think i will take that route to avoid the busy green run or download, any particular one nicer to ski than the others??

thx for all the info Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ronald, looks good. Pity I shall miss it.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ronald, Mr L did the Free Respect two seasons ago, said it was excellent. They are now doing it in English as well as French.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I went to the Free Respect talk in English last Easter with my daughter. It was very informative and I'd recommend it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks guys, definetly going to go, dragging my brother along (To at least the talk)
Will see how far I get him during the week in Tignes... before i send him on the guided tour outside the markers Wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chewy192, the best way back to the hotel is certainly to come down any of the blacks, marked or unmarked, pisted or unpisted that are not called Combe Valentin ...

Ronald, Absolutely, looking forward to seeing you. Very Happy

cold today but brighter in the morning that later. It started to snow lightly in the afternoon, and there had been about 5cms of fresh first thing. GP was good, but hard underneath. Light rotten all day. Sad Pic of pretty Xmas tree with natural decorations, and near the bottom of GP looking down at the town. - Oh and off piste to the left of the Combe du Thuit was fine.
ski holidays
Great pic reports as always Charlotte - 30 days to go - look forward to seeing you on the 9th. I am trying to recall the various carving techniques you showed me from last winter! Looking forward to some sunshine and warmth at lunchtimes on the sun terrace by the Hotel Les Melezes.
snow report
Easiski

Thanks for the update of La Grave link - trying to decide where to go next weekend with some mates and if the snow is good and the link open it might just swing it for LDA!
snow report
bucking bronco, Nothing stopping you going to LG itself????

KevHead, Yes - seems a fair way off still though.

sunny, cold and nice today. good snow but some ice appearing on spots in the village (going into the Petit viking lift). Pic looking down to the restaurant La Patache at the Cretes around 13.00 today.
latest report
Thanks for the update guys, unfortunately it is making me even more excited, and there is still a month to go!

I have a query about this free respect course, as i understand it you have a theory workshop on the monday night at a hotel and then on the tuesday you first practise the stuff you learnt the night before, and then a guide takes you off for the rest of the day, is this correct?

Thanks again for the info!

Jules
ski holidays
julesp, more or less. The theory thing is usually in the Maison de Montagne though.
snow conditions
easiski, Looks wonderful!
snow conditions
Butterfly, thanks Very Happy

Yet again a cold and sunny day Sad Sad wink wink wink The snow condition is really good due to the very cold temps we've been having, but the cover is getting thin in a good few places and I was glad I had my old skis on my feet today. Taking a beginner down their first run you can't avoid all obstacles! Speaking of which the poor girl was knocked over by a snowboarder on a piste clearly marked 'slow - beginners area' in english and french. He did say sorry and ask if she was OK - but he didn't grovel - he should deffo have grovelled! Evil or Very Mad

Pic of tracks under the 8 man chair so much beloved of Red 27
ski holidays
easiski, That lift rocks.... you'd come off the rope tow from Toura after a pizza Orientale and a few beers, and see the queue of about 200 peppole but 10 minutes later you were on the glacier! Cold though... BBRRRRRRRR! Skullie But I'm preaching to the choir of course.

Missing it already out there.... funny how the architectural shortcomings and roaming mafioso are soon forgotton and the varied, challenging pistes and lovely scenary linger in the memory... Smile
snow conditions
Easiski

Just pulled the trigger for the 17th for a big group of us - 2 mates going out tomorrow for a week's recce.

Just seen your post re getting a bit thin in places - hopefully it'll snow again soon to freshen it all up.

Cheers

B
snow conditions
Whatever's there will do!

Passport - tick
Shovel - tick
tickets - tick

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
bucking bronco, you know looking at the wigglies, i think things might work out very well for you, very very well.

<say>
post subject to usual Forecating fluctuations: forecasts can go down as well as up. terms and conditions apply
ski holidays
On board Eurostar - tick Very Happy
snow report
It was definitely warmer today, in fact quite pleasant once the sun got up (although not really warm up on the mountain). After skiing with Mogs and friend on the Cretes and the top of Thuit (v. good condition) I came down via Les Posettes and took a photo looking down it from the Chemin des Demoiselles just before I dropped off the edge. Down on the third section I even found some tiny bit of powder left - only enough for half a turn, but not bad even so. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello everyone, i will be coming to LDA 17th jan stopping at the Allborg Hotel for the 3rd time . Just enquiring about the snow conditions but from reading previous post and observing posts everything seems fine. Good resort with good snow record. We are flying to Grenoble this year opposed to Lyon so thats a shorter transfer and possibly half a days skiing extra. Cant wait.
Regards Boo
snow report
Arrived tonight. Lots of snow - heck there was even some on the railway at Paris. Snow (albeit thin at the start) all the way up from Grenoble. snowHead

PS Lutins now has free wifi - thougH it get weaker as you go upstairs.
latest report
achilles, looking forward to pics/report!
ski holidays
It was lovely today, much warmer and sunny and the snow was still good. Pretty pic of late afternoon. Very Happy Bottom of Posettes was still really nice when I took Kristof down it a few minutes after taking the photo.

Met up with Achilles, Swirly, Gorilla and Kristof for a drink at the Lutins apres ski, but having got home a bit late I can't find Ioda. Crying or Very sad I've been out calling him and there's no sign - I'm freaking out big time. Skullie there are foxes and not so nice bigger cats around, he's not allowed out at night. No chance of sleeping till I can find him.
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
I'm freaking out big time. Skullie there are foxes and not so nice bigger cats around, he's not allowed out at night. No chance of sleeping till I can find him.

Fingers crossed for you....my cats do that every now and again, and reappear smelling of someone elses perfume!!
latest report
kitenski, A strange, fat cat has just been in the apt trying to eat his food. I've been out again calling him and no luck - he normally comes when called. OMG. No crying to be heard either ....... thanks for your thoughts
ski holidays
Thank goodness - he's come back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Looking very dishevelled and rather upset, but he's now locked in firmly. Very Happy
ski holidays
Cool glad he's back. one of ours went missing for three and a half weeks - we think it may have gotten locked in a neighbors shed. came back very thin and sad - the upside, it never strayed for long again. maybe ioda will have learnt something from the days adventure.
latest report
easiski, very glad the prodigal cat has returned. snowHead If you ski with Mogs again, please send regards from me and Tony.
ski holidays
easiski, a purr...fect result - glad he's back. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
easiski, Pleased to hear Smile
ski holidays
Gosh I hope Ioda has learned a lesson there - silly boy! At least there isn't much traffic for him to avoid in your area but as you say there are other dangers! Say hi to the SH group above from me, esp Kristof who I remember from the EoSb - iirc he won a pair of skis there - wonder how they are performing for him.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy