Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Winter 2008-2009

Poster: A snowHead
We are DEFINITELY there tomorrow - first lift on the Jandri. Look out for a man wearing a luminous lime green helmet.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lizzard, cool we'll be there then too. Unfortunately we're probably the least distinctive people: I'll be in a red jacket and jeans like trousers and gorilla will be in a green jacket and black trousers and black helmet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey everyone thats out there. Hope your all having a great time and being careful off piste!!
Thanks for all the updates and pics. Il be honest, your all killing me but i love it!
I really cant wait, il keep praying every night for snow too!

Im going 7-14th feb. Zone A will be on half term. Does that mean it will be absolutely packed or will it still be ok?
Im not sure how close zone A is

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 7-12-08 21:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, Cool Cool Swirly, We saw that the eggs had stopped for a good while and had to go to the white ones instead. Off up to the glacier tomorrow - hope it's not too windy. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi all
I am one of Charlottes students this week and the snow is out of this world here and we are having a great time!!!!
Hope it holds out for all of you due out here in the next few weeks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
adamtheyido, That week should be OK actually - it's the week after which will be foul. that week you have Zone A, Germany, Denmark, Chech republic, Slovakia and Poland on hols, so there'll be numbers of Danish and Chech, but they're OK. Very Happy

fantastic day today. I was on the glacier all day, and the snow couldn't have been better. Skied down to 2,600m at the end to super views and no dodgy snow anywhere - ditto no stones at all. Very Happy 2 pix today: 1 of the avalanche dogs who are training up on the glacier at the moment, showing the fab corduroy and Mont Blanc in the distance, and one of the moon over the summit of the Jandri.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, thiose dogs have been there for ages, hope they take them in sometimes Laughing My board is being a stone magnet atm, there's a few exposed bits on Diable although it's possible to avoid them if you know where they are. Once at the mid station or higher there's none at all though. The snow is excellent no ice to be seen and it's really rippable.

Lizzard, kept our eyes open for the helmet but must have missed you, next time maybe!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, Swirly, Another big dump forecast for Tuesday night & Wednesday - should cover up those stones.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, We got there at about 09:30, as we had to go to the Post Office, wanted to get it out of the way. Mr L will be out and about every day from now though, as he should get his pass today - you will be able to spot the excessive lime greenness a mile away. Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Swirly, Well, you should ski down via Grande Pente which has no stones on it until you get to the path at the bottom! Aha - the summer knowledge! wink wink Lots of cloud around this morning. Sad

red 27, I've skied down by 3 different routes and haven't touched a single stone/rock - don't know how some people manage it! Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks easiski, puts my mind at rest a little bit. Didnt want everyone to have the hump with me because it was so busy!
Im not suprised its cloudy, lots of snow coming according to snow-forecast.
Mark is making his way over on saturday, but has to drive on to morzine for some sort of assessment for the week.
I have foud ski and boot hire for my mate online at Brun sports, the platinum package is £99. I take it i wont find anything cheaper over there and may as well book online?
Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Meteo France have a weather warning out for the Isere region - Vigilance Orange. Orange... so much better in french than english.

Qualification of the event: First wide snow-covered episode of the season, being able to affect the highway network and to disturb some activitées economic. Rains currently relate to l' Auvergne and the Rhone-Alps, with a limit rain/snow still often with the top of 1000 m, but which goes quickly to lower in the next hours. Evolution envisaged: A snow-covered episode will be set up at the beginning of night of Tuesday at Wednesday, and gradually will spread on l' Auvergne and the Rhone-Alps. It will continue during all the night and tomorrow Wednesday in morning.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
adamtheyido, No - you will get a better deal at Ski Extreme I think. Certainly better service - Brun sports are very 'factory' like. Besides which she likes snowheads. Very Happy

I'm afraid I didn't take a photo today,. mostly because the light was so flat that it wouldn't have shown anything. dull, cloudy, chilly and little snow flurries. We're expecting more. conditions on the Cretes (big and small) were good, the new Thuit piste is marked blue, but is quite tricky, and the Demoiselles is very good. Bottom of the Valentin was a bit hard (but not icy) - shock to the system after all the rest of the snow higher up. Oh yes - and I met Swirly, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27 wrote:
A snow-covered episode will be set up at the beginning of night of Tuesday at Wednesday, and gradually will spread on l' Auvergne and the Rhone-Alps. It will continue during all the night and tomorrow Wednesday in morning. [/i]

Sounds terrible Very Happy (the grin on this smiley really needs to be bigger)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any snowHead meetups planned over Xmas? We're in LDA from 21st to 27th December - it would be great to meet with some snowHead snowHead
Sorry if this should be in a different thread, I wasn't sure, but it seemed like a good place to post as I thought anyone heading for LDA would be avid follows of this thread & Swirly's in snowboarding.

Keep the great pics coming Easiski & Swirly, they're bringing some big, big smiles over here Very Happy
ski holidays
adamtheyido, Would second Ski Extreme.

blizt, We'll be there from the 20th Dec - 3rd Jan Cool.
latest report
We are there over New Year, 27th to 3rd of this month, and just came home and found tickets on the mat, really excited now Very Happy . Got to second the appreciation for all the info and pictures being posted, thanks for taking time out to keep all on here up to date
(Picadilly got to agree about the smileys) Little Angel Smile Very Happy Laughing
snow conditions
Driving to 2 Alpes from Praha Wednesday for a few days. Just in case you didn't know, the annual ski pass is 700 euro before the 16th December (goes up to 800 euro thereafter).

My wife, myself and son (24) are in 2 Alpes from the 29th for 10 days. Look forward to seeing you all and especially the cat (and you Easiski!)

What do people think of this article? (Three quarters of skiers 'to stay at home' this winter)

http://www.travelmole.com/stories/1133438.php?mpnlog=1&m_id=_rnd_rnT_

Lets hope there is lots of snow and its wrong.
latest report
Read this article and laughed. We started skiing late - it was my ambition to learn to ski before I was 50. Once we'd actually been on a ski holiday we were totally hooked. Our ski hols are high on our list of priorities - we're having two this season, and hang the credit crunch!
We're in 2 Alps over New Year (first time in France) and really looking forward to it.
ski holidays
LIzziSnow, welcome to snowHead
snow report
David Ash, See you tomorrow then!

Any snowheads who want to meet up are welcome to contact me and I'll act as a go-between to organise meets. I think it's nice to meet other snowheads! My phone number is easily findable either through my website or the local tourist office here. Very Happy

LIzziSnow, Welcome to snowheads

It's snowed buckets last night and is snowing hard now - clearly very little visibility today - more clothes I think. Confused
latest report
Well I'm here all season snowHead dumping atm and has since early this morning. I went up fairly late and lapped Diable till last lift (easiest way up the mountain for me) the snow was a bit odd, up to 2 ft of fresh over most of the piste, occasionally it's just the old snow though so coming down it at pace on a board was interesting. That said there was virtually noone out there (unsurprisingly) so I could just let it go and the result was faceshot central, next thing I need to learn is not to breath in while turning Laughing

LIzziSnow, welcome to snowHead snowHead

Lizzard, might struggle to spot him in this snow Laughing gorilla has to wait in tomorrow for the UPS man again, if he misses him his skis go back to the US: not good, but I'll be about, he's welcome to call/text me if he wants to meet up.

easiski, good to catch up with you yesterday. Almost a mini snowHead snowHead meet!
ski holidays
Bartezki, David Ash, LIzziSnow, See you all there too Cool
latest report
As Swirly, has already said there was a ridiculous amount of snow last night and today, and they're saying that it's going to continue all night and all day tomorrow. This is great for powder hounds, but not much fun for snow plough turners trying to learn. Well they do learn - but not what one might have taught them otherwise. Shocked The snow quality on the Cretes and Grande Pente was great though, and it was very light (thank goodness) all round the van when I had to dig it out when I got home. You have to keep up with these things. Ioda sat on a brick under the roof overhang and watched proceedings, but the little swine never offered to help! Laughing Laughing Unfortunately one of my students did hurt her knee ont he Grande Pente, but hopefully it will not prove to be as serious as the doc suggested. I'm thinking about my own experience last spring of course. Sadly, we made a huge breakthrough for this particular student just after the incident, so it's rather frustrating all round. Pix from the same point near the bottom of GP - Clare McBride is not actually hung up int he tree.
latest report
sounds great. can not wait for the 18th Very Happy
snow report
Just been looking a the piste map and wondered how well are the slopes marked, I tend to get a bit giddy on snow and would hate to find myself out of my depth slope wise, and having a long walk back uphill Puzzled
latest report
Bartezki, everything at LDA is well signposted with standard colour coding on the piste markers. Certainly my wife and I had no problem with our week at LDA last year. It's a matter of applying normal caution in the mountains. Personally I never ski in bad visibility where any but the most experienced can become a cropper. A couple of years ago in Hochgurgl we emerged from the gondola into a "pea souper" and went straight down again (in the gondola Sad )Subsequently we heard stories of epic descents using the piste markers but I cannot see any pleasure in this.easiski,'s advice on this thread is invaluable.
snow report
i can't wait to get out there but save some snow for me Smile 5 weeks and 2 days to go

good pics tho it's keeping me going sat at my desk at work so keep em coming Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds amazing. I will be there on Saturday and can not wait.... snowHead
snow report
looks excellent Very Happy
ski holidays
Amazing....... take the tube for the next days, you will need it... .mega storm is coming... and will affect both alps and pyrenees.

Incredible, If L2A, ADH and LG show their best face this christmas, maybe when all the people return to their homes is the moment to make a visit at these nice area; We have a pending stuff from last year trip that we don't catch good snow conditions....
latest report
AlTom, when's that then? Looking pretty settled next few days according to the GFS...
Nonetheless, settled is good for now - will assist my ability to drive up to the village, and I fully expect a major snow event on the night of 18 Dec wink
rayscoops, I'm around then, too. 18th-23rd. Let me know if you fancy a bit of a burn.
snow conditions
The snow is absolutely staggering and it hasn't stopped yet. It has been lighter some of the time today than yesterday, but the light has been flat as a pancake and the higher you went the flatter the light. dull dark and miserable, but the most amazing snow. Very Happy Very Happy I was on the Cretes and went up to 2,600 and skied down from there. Fab snow, very difficult to see. Later I skied home via the Grande Pente and it was absolutely astonishing. Even on the 45 deg bit I was turning and stopping because the snow was so deep, and it wasn't heavy either. Shocked Shocked Picfest today, the tree outside my house this morning, a neighbour's car in what appears to be a lump of snow in front of a tree, and a (not very) view looking over the Lac Noir and Toura chairlifts from the bridge over the tunnel at 2,600m.
ski holidays
easiski, ye gods! - they look like they they were taken at night!
snow report
Nothing worse than seeing these pics and knowing i'm not coming out till Easter Sad Suppose i can take comfort in the fact that it is laying down a good base for the whole of the season!!! I hope
snow report
red 27, well, I did say the Viz was poor! it is, however what you expect when it snows. wink wink rolling eyes
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
The snow is absolutely staggering and it hasn't stopped yet.

What a lovely sentence that is Smile

Hope you get the chance to enjoy it over the next few days.
latest report
easiski, whatever you say... I wouldn't know! I am a fair weather skier - a couple of cameo bluebird runs and then the serious matter of an uber-lunch. If wet/snowy,cloudy/cold move str8 to the latter Madeye-Smiley
snow report
easiski, Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
paulmck wrote:
AlTom, when's that then? Looking pretty settled next few days according to the GFS...
Nonetheless, settled is good for now - will assist my ability to drive up to the village, and I fully expect a major snow event on the night of 18 Dec wink
rayscoops, I'm around then, too. 18th-23rd. Let me know if you fancy a bit of a burn.

Yes sure no probs, 18th to 23rd too for me from Bristol, hope you have some fat skis for the pow, I am on my plank ! Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy