Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Winter 2008-2009

Poster: A snowHead
easiski, Great looking cat you have there!! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
adamtheyido, Oh! I know Mark, he's been working for the ESF as a stagiare, but I didn't see him at all last year, so I assumed he'd moved on.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fragy, thanks! Very Happy He's very excited at the moment because today we went out without his lead on. I went with him, but the whole experience was obviously too thrilling for words and he's been flying round the place ever since!

I was going to go up today as it looked OK weather-wise, but by the time I'd finished all my little jobs the light had gone really flat and more clouds were massing behind the Ecrins, so I decided not to bother. I took 2 photos from the bottom of the Grand Viking though, one just looking up at it - compare it with 2 others I've taken this autumn, and one of the monster cannon mountains on the Petit Viking. Shocked They will obviously flatten those, but a snowboarder was enjoying them. Laughing the Grand Viking lift was running this morning when I passed, so I suspect it's being redied for next weekend/week. Very Happy I've brightened them up a bit in Photopaint as they were really dark and hard to see. Little Angel
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You won't believe it - it's tipping down with snow again. Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, down here as well! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, Lizzard, batten down the hatches Ladies, there seems to be a decent consensus that you are going to get buried from Thursday soir to Saturday matin Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski wrote:
You won't believe it - it's tipping down with snow again. Shocked Shocked Shocked

and here too this week!!

When we come in March, just out of interest, will I be skiing mainly the same runs as in June (Roche Mantel, Signal, Puy Salie) or others? I am just amusing myself with winter piste maps!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Butterfly, we are out in March as well, will have to try and catch up for a beer Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Butterfly, we are out in March as well, will have to try and catch up for a beer Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Although it stopped for a bit it's started again now, there was already 2-3 inches of new snow on the road from our place down to town Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fragy, excellent idea! I am there 7-21st March. I see you're from Grimsby - not so far from me - I live near Brigg.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
do you know Grimsby Ranger at all? he has had lessons with Charlotte ? He lives in Laceby.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27, Yeah - when I saw that I thanked heavens that the guys arriving on Saturday are coming up by local bus - at least the local drivers are used to it - accidents with 'foreign' drivers are more common. Sad

fragy, Butterfly, There's a fair few of you in that part of the world - if you had any hills you could form a ski club. Laughing Laughing

Butterfly, Probably not most of the time, no. It's too time consuming to go all that way if you don't need to. Mind you, nothing to stop you going up on your own after/before your lessons and enjoying it then. Very Happy

Swirly, I went to the shop this afternoon and there was a fair bit at around 16.30. Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I did go up the mountain today, and I tried to take photos, but the bl**dy batteries had gone again. It's very cold as well, and that probably didn't help. There was a fair bit of wind, especially at the top, and a lot of snow had been blown off the ridges. I skied dome, Signal, Serre Palas, Mura and Jandri to 2,600 and then did a quick Lac Noir. I tried to go for the little bit of off piste under the chair where the moguls normally are, and had a pre-release which was annoying. I managed to stay up on the uphill ski for a bit, but sat in the snow to stop. It still took me a while to climb back up for the 'naughty' ski etc. Twisted Evil From there I skied down via the Goulet du Grand Nord and the Valentin. The snow was good throughout, but there were patches of windblown snow in various places, and equally some bits of harder snow where it had blown off. Nothing remotedly resembling ice though. Very Happy On the whole, very enjoyable and there were a number of ENSA courses going on + a fair few ESFs also having a bit of fun pre the hard work of winter. Very Happy I'm really sorry not to have any photos for you, and I was doubly annoyed because it was one of the main reasons for going up!

It's set to snow like made tomorrow, so although the forecast isn't that great for next week it will, at least, consolidate what's already a very good base. Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's pukingsnowHead according to the GFS we could be in for a fair bit of this for the next almost 48hrs Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

The snow was fantastic too although really windy at the top (one ride up the signal chair was more than enough) we ended up lapping Valentin which couldn't be a better way to spend a few hours which was warm and good snow (a slightly scraped section low down in the middle was easily avoidable). The off piste to the sides wasn't much cop though, a thin layer of soft stuff on top of a hard slab unfortunately doesn't look good for this dump but it's December and there's just so much snow it's impossible to complain.
ski holidays
It snowed buckets overnight, and was snowing buckets this morning although it's a bit lighter right now, but still coming down. Will take photo later if I can (batteries Evil or Very Mad ). full of cold and not anxious to go out if I don't need to. Master Ioda is now using his cat flap and seriously unimpressed with snow falling out of the sky! Laughing
snow conditions
easiski, we are able to see exactly how unimpressed our cats have been each morning by the distance between the door and the little yellow patch in the snow. Laughing
ski holidays
easiski, Very Happy
Lizzard, spoo
snow conditions
most excellent news, Swirly, keep the puke coming and Lizzard, keep the yellow snow close to the home fires Very Happy
ski holidays
rayscoops, snow is melting down here, which is probably a good thing both for the cats and for the town's little old ladies, who were at serious risk of falling over on the ice.
snow report
Lizzard, you look after yourself then and watch out for that ice wink Laughing
latest report
the batteries worked, and here is a snowy picture from the garden today. It certainly hasn't risen to 0 all day, and it looks as though the snow may have continued at higher altitudes, although I can't be certain. I'm afraid I've stayed warm and snug today to try and throw off this cold that's attacked me! Sad
latest report
Get well soon easiski, I hope it's not the same man flu that Megamum had.
snow report
that looks a very snowy pic easiski, hope you feel better soon............
latest report
It's been on and off all day, heavy again right now. We ventured out mid-morning and got some great runs in but it closed in just as we headed higher.
latest report
Swirly, what has? The snow or your hangover?
latest report
Humungous snow last night. I'll go out later and will take a pic when I do. Very Happy
latest report
Just recharged the lift passes Very Happy. 14 days to go Madeye-Smiley Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
R32, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
R32, are you driving down ?
snow conditions
Smokin Joe, Yes. Using tunnel, so hoping we're not going to be too delayed Little Angel
snow report
It's carried on snowing on and off all day, so I took a pic of the van to show you how much in the last 24/48 hours! Shocked took me ages to dig out today, and feeling better but very weak now. there are more people in town than during the week, and the TO weeks seem to be starting. All who were arriving have arrived safely. Very Happy
snow report
easiski Shocked

Hope you are feeling better.
snow conditions
Oh my god ! Snow city !
ski holidays
Hula-balula! This is amazing stuff! 12 sleeps to go...
latest report
be there in 6 days!!!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
easiski wrote:

fragy, Butterfly, There's a fair few of you in that part of the world - if you had any hills you could form a ski club. Laughing Laughing

Yes I suppose we are getting a good local SH clan round here. Hills? Well there's the Wolds, and then of course we have "Les Alpes de Castleford" not so far off. Wink

Quote:
Butterfly, Probably not most of the time, no. It's too time consuming to go all that way if you don't need to. Mind you, nothing to stop you going up on your own after/before your lessons and enjoying it then. Very Happy

Ooh good, new territory and some famililar ground I can look forward to revisiting - something which will be a first for me Smile
latest report
Well - it's a fabulous bluebird day today - what a change after all the miserable weather we've had lately. Of course we need it to snow, but 2 weeks of miz is going a bit far! Shocked I was on the nursery slopes and then on the Cretes with a student today, and the snow quality is exceptional. I returned home via my favourite Grande Pente which was totally tracked out (all the face is), but very nice snow and with only a few bits of grass poking through on the edges of the terraces. Very Happy Photos of looking down the Coolidge North nursery slope, and looking back up to the grande Pente from the top of the Lutins slope.
latest report
BOO! to being in Bourg d'Oisans all day! Though since it's forecast the same again tomorrow and it's Mr L's day off and my last day before starting work, I suppose we shall just have to shell out for day passes and eat lentil pasta for the rest of the month. Oh well.
snow conditions
Was nice to see where you were going for once! Pretty much everything is tracked out already which is pretty worrying when you see some of the slides that have been set off, both deliberately and accidentally. More worrying still is gorilla and I decided to have a bit of a dig in the snowpack to see what was happening and found a 12-18 inch hard slab on top of 1-3 inches of sugary crap on top of some near bulletproof snow. More worryingly this was on a SW aspect. Be careful out there kids. On a related note we saw some complete numpty ride (on a closed slope) a line near identical to a huge slide (18+ inches on the crown fracture) before cutting onto the slope that had slid (of course he then fell over and slid down the whole way).

We then spent 55 minutes stuck in the red eggs.

Lizzard let us know if you make it up tomorrow (assuming my text worked).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy