Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Les Arcs 2011 / 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Allanm, How long should it take to walk from Peisey Nancroix to this Bar? I am hoping that the chalet owner/manager will be able to take and collect us in their mini bus but in case they can't just need to know how quickly i need to eat my food.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mmmm, not quite sure where 'Chalet Chazalet' is exactly, but the advertising blurb says 'a few moments from Peisey lift'. If that really is true then probably about 5-10 minutes walk, depending on.. well conditions. There is a cut through from the bottom of the P lift which will take you out to Club Med, MB's a hundred or so yards uphill from there. Getting back will be a dawdle (;>).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
my understanding is that the Chalet is about 5 minutes walk from the bottom of the Lozagne bubble rather than the bottom of the Peisey lift so i am assuming that we will need to walk up from Peisey Nancroix. If this is correct do you know how long it might take to walk
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spursfan, I'm pretty sure that's where Freddie Paellahead stayed in March. You could pm him for his opinion - although I think he did a TR about it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here it is Very Happy

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1851976#1851976
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
spursfan, That's different - my mistake - but the advertising blurb which says you are minutes form the lift is a little 'grey' . Walking up to Vallandry is pretty well a non-starter from where you will be. The lobster pots (Lozagne bubble) stop about 5:30, after that you have the free bus (Navette) which runs every half hour upto or a little later than midnight.. but only weekdays.

Saturday and Sunday the last bus back is about 6:30 IIRC - PITA.

There are taxis, if you're in the right place and spend sufficient they're not too dear - typically a couple of years back I was charged 15€ back to Nancroise - I was good customer though (;>).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
genepi, many thanks i have read the report and sent him a pm as you suggested thank you for your help

allanm, hopefully Paul the Chalet owner will be able to transport us, the match kicks off at 9pm on Tuesday 20th local time so if it could be a taxi home. Depending on the result i might not mind the cost.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
allanm wrote:
Sooo... Who's out for Christmas??

I'll be there (Vallandry) from 21st Dec...... for a few weeks.

We are Very Happy Arriving 22ndish, I think Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spursfan wrote:
the match kicks off at 9pm on Tuesday 20th local time so if it could be a taxi home. Depending on the result i might not mind the cost.

It will be all downhill.. whatever!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris, allanm - thanks for the Peisey / Derby confirmation - good to know that beginners can get to and from Peisey and 1950 on blues alone!
Now if you could post instructions for a tried-and-tested paradiski snow-dance, that would be awesome. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lift passes just arrived snowHead

And with them came a piste map, that shows the Mont Blanc lift in exactly the same place as last year Confused Maybe they're trying to keep it secret..
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rolling eyes Cheapskates - its last years piste map Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

And with them came a piste map, that shows the Mont Blanc lift in exactly the same place as last year Confused Maybe they're trying to keep it secret..

The new piste maps normally come out just as the season starts.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spursfan wrote:
genepi, many thanks i have read the report and sent him a pm as you suggested thank you for your help

allanm, hopefully Paul the Chalet owner will be able to transport us, the match kicks off at 9pm on Tuesday 20th local time so if it could be a taxi home. Depending on the result i might not mind the cost.

I've replied to the PM (sorry, hadn't been following this thread as no imminent prospect of visiting les Arcs this year).
I suspect Paul will be happy to transport you to the bar and sit with you and watch the match he is a Spurs fan himself (and an ex season ticket holder beofre he moved out to the Alps).

genepi, have a great time. Richard E and Iscream are out in St Foy for Christmas with their family, so might have to come round to les Arcs depending on the snow (or perhaps on to Tignes).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
genepi wrote:
Lift passes just arrived snowHead

Prompted me to chase mine (season pass) up which I bought here, a while ago.

Just rang them, and they've 'recharged' last seasons - they don't automatically issue new tickets if you have an account... good job I still have it.

Soo.. have pass, have Carte neige .... just need snow wink
snow report
And they say the snow is coming soon Toofy Grin well we all hope they are right this time.

allanm, did you buy your CN with your season pass or did you buy it direct from the CN weblink of FFS site? How much did it cost by buying it online?
latest report
^^ FFS website. I wasn't mean and supported a local club. £45 total for loisirs. Mean tight-fisted individuals can get it cheaper by affiliating with a club with no fee.
snow conditions
allanm, Thanks for the info. I looked on the FFS site and could not find Les Arcs club listed even though we all know they have CN in Les Arcs. I normally collect mine from the lift office in Arc 1600. It cost 10 euro more than you paid I think, but it does support the ski club. If I start skiing up at Tignes, then I guess I will have to give my donation to another club.
ski holidays
snow this weekend? please
snow conditions
Been keeping an eye on the forecast for Les Arcs and it gives a few CM fall a few days in advance. When it comes to that day, the forecast changes its mind and shows no fall. Sureley todays forecast for Sunday afternoon cant result in nothing:
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Arcs/6day/top

Hopefully this is the start of the snow fall.
ski holidays
Jon Ford, snow-forecast.com has been especially set up by the anti-skiing fraternity to torture and torment us
snow conditions
he he, it bl00dy works! snowHead
ski holidays
Jon Ford, mind you as this is their current forecast for Les Arcs I hope they continue to be wrong!

Days 4-6 Les Arcs Weather Summary: Heavy rain (total 35.0mm), heaviest during Sun night. Later becoming colder with a dusting of snow on Mon afternoon . Freeze-thaw conditions (max 5°C on Sun morning, min -9°C on Tue night). Wind will be generally light.
snow conditions
Was that for the bottom of the mountain though. Top of mountain showed 13cm snow fall on sunday and middle of mountain showed 10cm. Im staying at 1950, so that will do me! Im just happy to finally see double figures snow fall. Will keep eye on webcam. At least the forecasts are finally taking a turn for the better instead of Sun, Sun Sun. Im not going till Feb 4th, so not too worried....yet!
snow conditions
Jon Ford, we're going that week as well, so loads of time for the snow gods to sort it out lol
ski holidays
Snowcrazy, Im sure we'll be partaking in a few drinks in many of the bars around but I'll drag my lot in to say hi. Im a skier, have been for years and just bought myself some new Solomon Lords which I am DYING to try out. Were a pretty mixed bunch. I trained as a Ski instructor in canada years ago and some have never ever skied before (and are by all accounts completely unsporty) but it should be a laugh. Liking the fact that Snow is finally forecast, and that the cannons are on. Im doing the snow dance daily.

Jon
snow report
jonpass, Do those lords come with a special grass and rock attachment Laughing
ski holidays
^^ You mean wheels?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
allanm, Laughing
Shouldn't really take the pish, but we arent due out till feb half term so it will be fantastic by then wink Either that or it will be a very busy walking holiday. We are off to 1800 so planning now on how I can fit all the gear in the car plus golf clubs and mountain bikes Laughing
ski holidays
^^ It's all tongue in cheek (well anything I say, anyway) , Forecasting is always pretty poor, to say the least, I'm out in three weeks and not at all concerned. It could dump meters or nothing this weekend.
Ben Nevis has a good forecasting tool.. see here

Edited as the first attempt made no sense whatsoever due to numerous typos.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 2-12-11 16:21; edited 2 times in total
latest report
ricfrench, Golf Clubs and Bike?????? rolling eyes Skullie Now you really are joking Laughing Laughing I hope Puzzled By the time you come there will be 2m of snow depth. I have never seen the golf course or been biking in FEB!! snowHead Guess there is always a first time Toofy Grin

Sorry to say, the snow has not arrived today and it is still warmer than normal for this time of year. Need more people to do the snow dance I think. snowHead

But because I like to stay positive, I have just finished getting the intro done for my snowcrazychris blog spot for the trips we will do in the backcountry this winter.

If you want to read the blogs once I start doing stuff and seeing the pics. Save the following link, then wait for the snow to come and my first wander into the backcountry.

http://snowcrazychris.blogspot.com/
snow report
snowcrazy, Just worked it out, I'd have to leave Mrs. ricfrench and minime at home, tempting, but I don't think I'd get away with it Laughing
latest report
allanm, That's e other thing, got the Hilton in aviemore booked for one of the Easter weeks, hope there will be a little more up there next year. This year when we got there all they had left was a mogul filled brazillian of a snow strip. Bloody good fun though for one day.
snow conditions
Will it snow or will it not snow in the next few days Toofy Grin that is the question? Puzzled Been looking at more weather charts and they all seem to think we will get something, but a big dump, not so sure anymore. Could be 10 or even 15 cm if we are lucky, but nobody is sure what will happen for the 10 Dec. I had a message today saying at the moment they still plan to open something to ski on as long as they can keep blasting with the canons. Very Happy

Watch this space! Very Happy I shall update it each time I get any news. Keep up the snow dancing folks. Toofy Grin
snow report
Would seem to be white stuff on the web cams this morning
snow report
Boris, yep Toofy Grin Looking out the window there is a dusting of snow higher up this morning. A start, now we need a lot more!!

Remember to check my daily updates on 'Les Arcs Winter' facebook page link below.
ski holidays
Boris, Sadly more dust on your screen than white stuff has fallen Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
thefatcontroller, On the 1950 cams there is at least a covering than the green which was showing yesterday, that's enough to give me hope
snow conditions
Snow forecast looking promising today for the rest of the week:
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Arcs/6day/mid

Russeh, See you on the slopes in Feb. I'll be the one filing everyone else (Im sure its meant to be a skiing holiday, but I have done som much prep into making the next Ski vid, that its gonna be a filming hol)...whether its a skiing vid or a walking vid depends on the white stuff!
snow conditions
Jon Ford, Laughing i'm sure you will have fun in the process, i hope its a ski video not a walking one this will be our first trip - can't wait Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy