Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Courchevel 1850 - Coq de Bruyere ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for next years chalet hotel in CV1850. It's been suggested that I should try the Chalet Hotel Coq de Bruyere in Courcheval 1850.

So I'm interested in hearing about any recent experience that anyone has of either this hotel or the companies that stay there.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there,

I haven't stayed at the Coq de Bruyere but I have stayed at La Catina which was very reasonable accomodation, good food and well run, so I would recommend there.

Hope that helps

Simon
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed there myself two years ago with SkiWorld at the Catina. Even then very basic, almost worn out, needs much TLC. Staff friendly and helpful.

Was in 1850 again this year at the Dahu, with Mark Warner Travel. A step up in quality of accomodation and significantly better food. That's what i'm trying to assess the Coq deB against.

All three have good central locations. that make the start and end of day real easy. Ski to centre and walk 200 yds at most. BTW via one or several beveridge establisments, sometimes makes the 200 yds take an hour or so! wink

Life on holiday is hell!

Edited to include the hotel Catina in the first line

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 5-01-07 8:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stayed in the Skiworld Auberge Ensoleillée Club Hotel in Feb 2005. We paid each £560 for a week from 5th Feb. Its about 200yds from the Croisette. The rooms were compact - standard club hotel ! The food was good, plenty of it and the wine free flowing. I'm not going to say it was five star but it was adequate and I didn't have any complaints for the money we paid. If i was looking to stay in 1850 and looking in that budget range, i would certainly return there. Oh, and they also had 'single' rooms which helped us out as we had a single on our trip !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I also stayed in the Mark Warner Chalethotel Dahu in 1850 a couple of years ago - well positioned, single rooms, and good food. Would certainly go back there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We will be going to this chalet next year, does anyone know if it has improved since the last posts. I have read a few reviews on Trip adviser, and they seem to be quite favourable. The reviews on here don't seem that good, ok they are a few years old, so hopefully they have changed.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ceemark, Wow, this is an old thread that I started dug up. Cannot give up to date info but realised I had not updated my original posting.

I few years ago (2007) I did also stay at the Chalet Hotel Coq de Bruyere in Courcheval 1850. with Ski Total. You may want to see this thread as well:-

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=434928&highlight=coq#434928

Staff were good, but that changes year to year.
Hotel, was need of refurb. BTW, my room was palatial in comparison with a few others i was shown.
A few groups monoplised the limited facilities.
Boot room, down a steep flight of stairs inside hotel.
Cramped eating area, food basic but ok.
It was relatively cheap and I had driven there rather then flying, so I had 2 extra days skiing which probably made the difference to my trip as the snow was great!
It is only 300m from the CV 1850 center, still remember it being a long walk past several bars. Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just checked the internet and trip advisor.
Of the three recent reports, two were great and one reminded me of the issue I encountered 4 years ago. Not least of which were small rooms and kids having to eat separately. Apparently, its the 'rules'.
Quote:
As a Ski Total property, yes, our under 13 dining rule applies – the adult only evening meal is exactly that, and we endeavour to keep it that way (guests are advised of this on their holiday invoice, as well as in our brochure).

The two good one detailed staff names, hmmm, call me suspicious, but why would you know the chefs name in a basic 'chalet hotel' . There are not Jean Suplice after all!!!
It was OK for me though but would have been disappointed being there with a family.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep.

Auberge, Catina don't exist anymore. Both been knocked down, both deserved it.

The Coq is fine, couple of dodgy rooms that ski total now sell as single rooms which is all they are good for. Excellent location, bit tatty and needs a refurb. Food pretty decent.

I think if you have paid over £750 you'll be pissed off, its good value for money though in 1850.

Dahu with Mark Warner is similar standard but vastly over-priced.

The only similar alternative is the Les Anemones with Inghams, I'd still pick the Coq though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy