Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens to Geneva - Early morning transfer help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good evening all,

This is my first post, but for some time I've been reading the forum with enthusiasm (it's now got to the point where I'm checking the weather outlook thread every half hour).

Anyway; I'm hoping that somebody out there could possibly help in regards to transfers from VAl Thorens. A large group of us are heading to VT this weekend, and 2 friends have decided to book on last minute without considering potential issues with transfers. Their flights times are as follows:

Arrive in Geneva Sat 12th March @ 4:30 pm
Leave Geneva Sat 19th March @ 7:00 am

I think the girls are able to get a 1 way transfer to resort without any issues, but return transfers are a problem. The earliest ''Bens bus' or 'altiport bus' leaves at 3:50 am, which I'm assuming would be too much of a risk to make the flight?

An option for the girls would be to have a private transfer back, although as you can imagine they're not too keen on paying £220 per person.

On the off chance does anyone have any space available on their private transfer at a suitable time (obviously the girls would be willing to split costs), or is anyone able to suggest an alternative option?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jordan

PS - Aplogies if I've posted in the wrong section. If this is the case, could a moderator please move accordingly.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jordan.bowyer, what about the option of hiring a car instead if they can cancel the transfer?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jordan.bowyer, the other option is to go on Friday night and get a cheap hotel at the airport. I think 3:50am is cutting it too fine - I'd expect the journey to take 3h on a coach. Or they might find it is cheaper to change their return flight.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jordan.bowyer, dont know if its any help but train from Moutiers to GVA is easy, takes about 3 hours with a change at Chambery. Cost me €28.50 when we used it in the December 2015 snowmaggedon chaos.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What @Gämsbock, said, train is pretty unlikely at that hour of the day.

Book a hotel - probably around the 100E mark, and go the night before
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Definitely a hotel the night before. Train times no help at all. Need an 02h00 departure from VT to be at all comfortable of being there in time...and what if it snows?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Nadenoodlee, i wasn't advocating a train in the middle of the night.

I agree it looks like the best option for @Jordan.bowyer would be to get to Geneva on Friday night. A cursory look at Bensbus and Altibus seems to indicate they are not going to Geneva on Fridays. But if he could get the regular bus from VT to Moutiers (dont know exactly how much but Moutiers to Les Menuires cost me €10) then there is a train to Geneva at 1713 arriving at 2000. That would be a big saving over the one way fare of €85 that altibus would charge if they were actually running a service.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've used Alps2Alps https://www.alps2alps.com before for private transfers, and their prices are reasonable IMO.

A pick up @2:20am for 2 adults from Val Thorens to GVA is €242 ~ £90 each.

Rich
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you so much for the excellent advice all - really wasn't expecting so many of you to not only write a reply, but to check costs / train times etc.

The girls were about to hire a car (which would have been a good option especially now knowing that parking in Les Menuires is free), but they have decided on the alps2alps option (thanks again for looking into this). The girls aren't that great at driving in this country so dread to think what they'd be like in a foreign country on the 'wrong' side of the road!

If anyone's in VT next week, keep an eye out for a group of 10 superheroes (that'll probably be us)

Thanks again, much appreciated! Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jordan.bowyer, no worries, glad it worked out for them.

Enjoy VT and in particular the Rhum Bar!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy