Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help Please - Samoens ( Ski School plus rental )

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,

My first post!

4 of us are travelling to Samoens in February -we arrive on a wednesday morning to the following Sunday evening. Half term week. Basically i need help - three of us are absolute beginners plus one has a little experience. We need help to secure ski equipemt rental plus can any of you reccommend ski school, I know we arric=ve midweek and this could be difficult. On the other hand we will have to go with private tuition. We are on a budget so any suggestions would help.

We arrive ealry on wednesday the 13th so we plan to ski that day plus the day we leave so 5 days in total.

Thanks.

Skimel Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimel, welcome to snowheads. snowHead In the absence of any more knowledgeable local advice, you could use skimium.com to find some good prices locally for ski hire.

It's a very busy time, but private lessons shared between your 3 beginners might be a good idea. Telephone the ski school immediately - they could be very booked up for that time. Explain that you are 3 beginners, and when you are arriving/leaving, and ask them if there are any private lessons available for that period. Don't delay - even if you don't speak French, they'll speak some English, just keep it simple.

good luck. snowHead

and did I say, don't delay?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
best price i found for ski school private lesson:

http://www.ecoledeski360.com/index-gb.php

never used them though, but they seem to get decent enough comments here on SH
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you don't have time to shop around - many ski schools will already be fully booked....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are basically 3 ski schools in Samoens. 360 as indicated above, ZigZag and ESF. I communicated easily by email with 360and ZigZag and found both websites via google. You can also book with ESF online. I did email ESF at Morillon who were helpful. If you Google map Samoens there is a ski rental shop opposite ish the GME which we used, Extreme Glisse or summat like that through which we booked our kit online. This shop and 360 are almost next door to each other. If you drive through Morillon to Samoens: cross the bridge and straight over the roundabout and the shops are on the right. To park, turn right at roundabout and turn left opposite the GME into the car park. Drive straight through to the far end and the ski school and shop are to your left.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Xtreme Glisses is the hire shop and is shown on Google Maps. Have a look through street view and you can see it easily. Looking at the shop face on the hire shop is on the right and 360 is the doorway on the far left. You can also see the car park further to the left.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zigzag's shop floor is fronted by an English girl who's name escapes me for the moment. It's a small school that based on my chat with the proprietor Adrian caters specifically for the English market. All clientele over the two weeks in my kids group were English.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When we were in Samoens a few years ago, a friend was learning to snowboard and had a horrible time with ESF - says he got more from my blathering on about how I learned than from his lessons with ESF. He did have a half day with ZigZag later in the week and had his 'click' moment with them, says they were really great and very patient with him as an older beginner.

Ok, its snowboarding not skiing, but you can take this as an endorsement of ZigZag if thats any help.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
you don't have time to shop around - many ski schools will already be fully booked....

+1 and I would recommend 360 international as above.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy