Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2012/2013: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Winter arrived overnight, with snow down to about 1700m. Temperatures much colder today, and snow on all peaks. Many cars on the roads today have snow on. Winter tyres fitted last week. Lifts are being prepared for opening - for example, the poma lift under the Altiport chair at Méribel had its "seats" fitted last week
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
only 118 days for me and the family........ So many things to sort out, so little time to do it between looking at webcams and Noz' weather updates
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val Thorens opening 24 November (5 weeks on saturday), with Méribel, Mottaret, Courchevel 1850 all opening 2 weeks later on 8th December
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Val Thorens looks almost skiable today.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mr Piehole, I might even go and try this afternoon
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
104 days left of snow-forecast and webcam-checking before I get there for reals. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
75 for me.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
89 days... so excited...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
40 for me hopefully Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
49 days for me. Health and snow permitting.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Was there 174 days ago. Snow was good. hmm maybe I should post it on last year snow report thread rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
89 days as well...CAN'T WAIT!
Should I curse the day my partner convinced me to try skiing 3 years ago?
Now I feel like an addict.
Will stay in St Martin de Belleville instead of La Tania for the first time in 3 V.
Madeye-Smiley
Yesterday, a friend asked if anyone was good at carving. I was about to say that we were getting there but no one is yet a pro. Only to realise that he was pointing at the roast chicken on the dining table Embarassed I need help Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
St Martin is a wonderful village if you want something not too noisy. Easy to get higher up the hill as well.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cold and bright today; now the cloud has cleared, the white peaks look stunning between the blue sky and the still-verdant green of the lower slopes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Come on winter, I should be there last week in Nov, fingers crossed I can get my first turns for the 2013 season Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
74 days till i'm there Smile when can we expect it to lay and stay, realistically?
snow report
Usually middle/end of Nov. Maybe earlier for VT as its on top of the world.....almost. Although last year was a nail biter, it didn't snow until well into Dec.....and then it didn't stop snowing for a LONG time. Shocked
latest report
Not this weekend, not the weekend after that, not the weekend after that, not the weekend after that, not the weekend after that, but the weekend after that, I reckon I might pop up to Val T for a bit of the old go up and slide down again.

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Snowpie wrote:

Yesterday, a friend asked if anyone was good at carving. I was about to say that we were getting there but no one is yet a pro. Only to realise that he was pointing at the roast chicken on the dining table Embarassed I need help Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Sunshine for the last week, lovely clear skies, warm during the day (still t-shirt weather), and most of last weeks' snow has gone. But forecast is for colder weather by the weekend, with more snow expected
ski holidays
With 8.5% of a year remaining before opening day, will Val T get the snow it needs?...
snow report
New piste map for Meribel:
http://ski-area.meribel.net/fileadmin/RM/Plan_des_pistes/plan_meribel.pdf

Seems like the new Plattieres gondola will now go on the right of the Chatelet chair with top station a bit higher. No mid station.
Short ski down will be required to get to old part Plattieres III to reach the top.

Any news if La Folie Douce will open in Meribel for this season?

New panoramic webcam:
http://meribel.livecam360.net/burgin-saulire
Looks like there is more of them in many resorts now. Very good quality!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 26-10-12 9:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Hope not!
snow conditions
Tom W wrote:
New piste map for Meribel:
http://ski-area.meribel.net/fileadmin/RM/Plan_des_pistes/plan_meribel.pdf

Seems like the new Plattieres gondola will now go on the right of the Chatelet chair with top station a bit higher. No mid station.
Short ski down will be required to get to old part Plattieres III to reach the top.

Any news if La Folie Douce will open in Meribel for this season?

New panoramic webcam:
http://meribel.livecam360.net/burgin-saulire
Looks like there is more of them in many resorts now. Very good quality!

No mid station seems like a mistake. It was needed 2 years ago when the snow was poor at the end of season to download back into Mottaret. Also was the access for beginners to the Sitelle drag lift and the green run there, how do people access the drag now?

Yes the Folie is supposed to be open. It is the lighter wood building just visible below Saulire mid station on the webcam you link to.
latest report
snowrider, I did like to download from that lower mid station to avoid the carnage at the end of the home run. But I guess if someone is desperate to download he can download from the top (old upper mid station). And use the chair to go up as would use the old lower mid station. Only limitation will be the access to beginners drag.
Shame that gondola is not going continuously to the very top for quicker access to Menuires area.
Anyway should be a improvement with the travel speed and comfort.
latest report
Tom W wrote:
snowrider, I did like to download from that lower mid station to avoid the carnage at the end of the home run. But I guess if someone is desperate to download he can download from the top (old upper mid station). And use the chair to go up as would use the old lower mid station. Only limitation will be the access to beginners drag.
Shame that gondola is not going continuously to the very top for quicker access to Menuires area.
Anyway should be a improvement with the travel speed and comfort.

On the piste map the top of the bubble appears to be higher than the top of the Chatelet and Plan des mains chairs so would invlove walking up to get on the bubble at the new top station.
ski holidays
Rain Rain Rain .... ruined my plans to hike up Mont Jovet today
snow report
Hiked up to Col de la Lune instead, at about 1850m, above Méribel - snowing hard and settling
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and now settling down at 650m
snow report
5cms of snow lying this morning in Bozel & still falling. More bizarrely I pulled back the curtains to find a huge flock of seagulls circling over the lake - proper Hitchcock style... must ask an old local to see if they have any proverbs about seagulls & snowy winters!
snow conditions
Here is the view from the kitchen this morning. Roads are clear, but a few cm on the car, and Moutiers is under a white(ish) blanket

snow report
More snow overnight, clear blue skies this morning
snow conditions
Meribel Altiport is looking very lovely this morning!
snow conditions
Cannot wait for the new season, should be out close to opening day this year for a good stint, very encouraged by the weather so far, will we have a repeat of last year? Lets hope so!
snow conditions
Will everything in the 3 valleys be opened by 15th December?

We have friends coming over from Dubai before Christmas and they are after a 2 bedroom apartment for that week, preferably in one of the Courchevel villages but maybe Meribel at a push. Anybody with any suitable accommodation available for that week?
snow report
Quote:
Will everything in the 3 valleys be opened by 15th December?
Yes...snow conditions permitting Confused.
snow report
skichampcouk, loads of places in 3v on ownersdirect, can't imagine they've all gone for that week
ski holidays
skichampcouk, my two bedroom apartment is available and right in the heart of the three valleys.. a deal could be done im sure. snowHead
ski holidays
skichampcouk, week of 15th Dec won't necessarily be full opening. Snow permitting the majority of the lifts should be open but (if memory serves) full opening the last few years has only been on Christmas week (and then only with good early snow)..
snow report
Can't wait for more of this!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=JVwiihKl4HM

Bring it on.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy