Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go? 26.4-1.5

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
planning on trip to alps for a last weekend on april but where to go?
I'm flying to Munich and train straight to resort would be best solution. Bad Gastein? Zell Am See? Or is there any point at all to go this late?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ischgl. Train doesn't go straight to resort, but it should have good snow and the end of season parties are great.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nozawaonsen wrote:
Ischgl. Train doesn't go straight to resort, but it should have good snow and the end of season parties are great.

+1

Train to Landeck, then bus from there is probably the easiest way to get there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
junor, Most of the Ski Amadé resorts close this weekend (today being the last day) Zauchensee continues with a limited number of lifts open until next weekend, then it is just Obertauern in our neck of the woods or the glacier (Kaprun/Kitzsteinhorn). You would be much better off going to Ischgl that weekend and having a great party. But book your accommodation fairly soon as it is a very popular weekend for the Bavarians amongst others.

Anyone know who is headlining the End of Season concerts?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerberg Sue, er Mariah Carey...

But the Niki's Stadl end of show party when they take over the bridge and fly Niki overhead from a crane is worth it in itself! wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok, thanks guys.
Ischgl seems interesting, though Kaprun is closer to Munchen and accomodation would be easier to arrange.
It also seems that it would be better to rent a small car, price is around 150e/4 days.
Any other tips for those resorts? We are intemediate skiers. Are the slopes all slush or good snow?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
junor, you are going at the very end of the season. It's been a good season and more snow is on the way this week. But it is spring now. The sun is stronger, higher and the days are longer. You will be skiing spring snow. So likely to be frozen first thing. Possibly terrific in the morning to lunch. Much softer and slushy in the afternoon.

Ischgl is almost all above 2000m which is good. It has much more variety than Kaprun and a greater range of different runs and steepness. I'd certainly choose Ischgl over Kaprun at that time if you can find accommodation. The apres in Zell is fun, but the apres in Ischgl in the last week is off the scale. That said you'll have fun in either.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What nozawaonsen said.

Spring snow is great though, about as fun as piste skiing gets.

Ischgl is definitely a better option than Kaprun.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why have not Stubai or Hinterüx been proposed, Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
junor, Kaprun should be an option but like Samerberg Sue, most of the seasonal resorts nearby will e closed by then. I've not skied at Kaprun and you may find there is more on offer at places like Ischgl or Hintertux.

Kersh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hintertux is a good shout based on snow. They've got over 3m and lots forecast this week according to bergfex.at

Based on the comments above though icsghl sounds more fun both on and off slope Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
freeheelskier wrote:
Why have not Stubai or Hinterüx been proposed, Puzzled

'Cos there's a lot more to do in Ischgl atm (based on how much snow the Arlberg still had last week anyway).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Cos there's a lot more to do in Ischgl atm (based on how much snow the Arlberg still had last week anyway).

junor is going for a weekend skiing,, drinking head of, he can do at home
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kersh, Kitz will be busy at the weekends for the rest of the season. It is every year with special events at the weekend. I've just received a brochure pushing all the events all summer and trying to get me to buy a summer season ticket!

Actually I will be swopping to Stubai and Himtertux as soon as my current season ticket expires. More skiing on both than Kitz. I'll go back in the Autumn as soon as my 2012/2013 ski pass kicks in.

freeheelskier, Not suggested because they do not really match the specs given by the original poster whereas Ischgl does. Accommodation choice at both the Tux and Stubai glaciers is extremely limited and, to be honest, dead now the season is effectively over for the mainland Europeans. The only advantage is, that if it is open, it will be cheap. But a lot of hotels have now closed for a break until mid-May. It has been a long busy season for many of them! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
freeheelskier, why did you not just propose Stubai or Hintertüx yourself rather than ask why other's had not done so? Puzzled

They are both good, I reckon given the conditions there will be more at Ischgl.
latest report
freeheelskier wrote:
Quote:

Cos there's a lot more to do in Ischgl atm (based on how much snow the Arlberg still had last week anyway).

junor is going for a weekend skiing,, drinking head of, he can do at home

Ah didn't notice it was just a weekend.

Still, assuming there's enough snow for it (which it should be, based on how the Arlberg was), I'd pick Ischgl over Stubai. Much more variety.
ski holidays
I'm going to cervinia.
snow conditions
I am going to
ischgl Very Happy
snow conditions
Yep, main focus is skiing. Pubs are enough for after ski, no big parties required. Good snow and lifts near accomodation are the main things.
I'm struggling with flights but hopefully I can arrange them.
I'm wondering, in glaciers, how to get to pistes from the hotel? Are the lifts usually running from villages or do you take a bus or how it works?
latest report
For the Stubai staying at Neustift would probably be best. Whilst there is a lift from the village, it's not to the glacier, and will probably be closed. There's (free) busses to the glacier, and many hotels do shuttle busses too.
latest report
junor, whether you want them or not there will be parties in many places over the bank holiday weekend.

If you wanted to go to Kitzsteinhorn I would stay at Zell, you can catch a bus in the morning which takes you to a lift which will take you up to the glacier (you need to get a connecting lift after the first). Zell am See has plenty of good restaurants and bars.

http://www.zellamsee-kaprun.com/en/news-events/top-events/firn--fun-happening-kitzsteinhorn_e33537

So in Kitzteinhorn you can rock out to Sumpfkröten (Swamp Toads!).

I probably prefer Hintertux to Kitzsteinhorn and it's easy enough to find cheap B+Bs in the valley on the approach road or in Tux. That weekend in Hintertux is "Polish Powder Week" !!

http://www.tux.at/en/events/detailpage-events/bericht/the-polish-powder-week-in-hintertux.html

As the man says "There is no shortage of snow, sun and fun-loving polish people in May up on the slopes of the Hintertux Glacier!" and you get to rock hard to Malgorzata Ostrowska! Or something. The lift runs up from Hintertux and gain you need to make a couple of changes.

I'd still suspect you would have a bigger skiing area at Ischgl. Though the glaciers will be higher.
snow report
Snow update saas fee got 40cm few days ago with 70cm forecasted. Been there and can recommend though the exchange rate may make it an expensive weekend. Lift system was a bit of a slog so choose somewhere close to litts.
snow report
junor Solden and Obergurgl are also open until May.

We're flying to Memmingen on Thurs for 5 days skiing Smile:

2 days at Ischgl
1 day at Obergurgl
2 days at Solden

Ischgl digs booked on Ischgl website, Solden digs booked at Booking.com.

Quote:
I'm wondering, in glaciers, how to get to pistes from the hotel?
If you end up at Stubai, the 10km run to the valley (from 3000m+ down to 1800m is currently open.....Obviously you'd need to get lifts to get up there. Toofy Grin)
latest report
OK, flights to Munchen are booked but the dates are 29.4 - 2.5. Plan is to rent a car and drive to Ischgl.
Is 1.5 still skiing day or does the lifts close 30.4?
ski holidays
I skied Hintertux last weekend and it was excellent. I'd recommend it and it will be good for quite some time yet as there is lots of snow. My boys and I are also going to Ischgl next weekend as my wife and daughter are going to London. According to reports I've seen the snow is still fantastic.
ski holidays
According to the Ischgl website 1st May is last day. 212 out of 238 kms open, including runs to resort so plenty of skiing to be had. I've got a few friends going over on Friday but sadly I won't be joining them. If you meet a bunch of really crazy girls from Coventry tell them I said hello.
ski holidays
Just back from Iscghl and Soelden - snow conditions are incredible. At Soelden yesterday it snowed all day and we skied knee deep to thigh deep fresh tracks until we left at 3pm for the airport. On the drive back to Memmingen there was a good covering of snow down to 1100m, with a dusting as low as 800m. Totally amazing for the time of year.

Quote:

Anyone know who is headlining the (Ischgl) End of Season concerts?
On a cautionary note, they now charge extra for lift tickets over the concert weekend. I'm sure it used to be included in the lift pass - but on the day of the Maria Carey gig a day pass will set you back a cool €95 Shocked.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy