Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

is it too early for the "Omg no snow" thread?

Poster: A snowHead
I mean, they cancelled the Levi races.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And Verbier delayed opening.

I advise everyone not to bother coming to the Alps this year. Especially France. Especially the Aravis region. Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowing in Serre Chevalier today.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sugardaddy, 501's?

Not as fast as Wranglers................. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what paulio, said, and definately stay away from Austria, no snow here, nope, nothing to see at all, move along now please Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh FFS.

It's November 4th.

rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've cancelled both my holidays already. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just bought the domain mudheads.com - a surefire winner
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kooky, I agree, nothing here in Bavaria or Tirol either, so cancel all your trips. The flowers are out, the cows are back on the alms, and the farmers have stretched barbed wire all across their mountain meadows! Keep driving on to the Med please. Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, far too early. Even worse than sodding Christmas lights. Go away. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nothing but hot wind here in Switzerland! No cold stuff in the meteo yet!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
there has been no snow over the southern and western alps

snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nothing but fog in this part of switzerland..so can't tell if theres snow or not in the hills (theres not)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skola wrote:
there has been no snow over the southern and western alps

snowHead

Yes there has ..... 24 degrees on the coast last week and the Alps white with snow ( or someone painted them overnight) ... been pouring down for two days and too warm for snow really ... but give it a few days ..
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think this winter is a write off, put the skis back in the loft, get your shorts out and transfer your holidays into my name! Laughing
snow conditions
I just sold all my gear, it may never snow again.
I will purchase all new gear when I can ski on the guaranteed polar ice caps on Mars
snow report
pam w, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
given up thinking about winter this year, holiday cancelled, ski's sold, winter tyres ebay'd and roofbox about to be.

Season has been ruined - i'm going to focus on golf now - global warming in full effect

Twisted Evil
latest report
scored some deep white stuff in early October, had my fix for the season, roll on the spring.
ski holidays
Way too early rolling eyes
snow report
For the alpes and Pyrenees it to early to be worried about the wintersnow, snowing heavy in western Pyrenees for the moment, but for Scandinavia its different, Normaly first weekend in November minimum 10 resorts in Norway/Sweden/Finland should have open some runs, Hemsedal for example have say that they will try to open 24th November Puzzled The zerolimit should this time in Hemsedal area be at 500m but today at 2000m, and for the beginning of next week the forecasts say at 3000m, if someone have booked for xmas direct with skistar they have snowgarantie, if there is not enough slopes open you will have your money back and cancelled your travel, contact them for information
ski holidays
Mrs Monium had her first "but there's 0cm in Val Thorens!" wobble last night. Still 5 weeks to go. No stress.

I like to arrange ski trips with as much booze included as possible, so if there's no snow I can do a full week of drinking, being hung over, and sitting in a jacuzzi.
latest report
if in doubt you can ski on the special green snow

http://www.abc-of-skiing.com/grassskiing.asp
ski holidays
This is due to be a cold winter (Europe) but very dry. When it turns cold who knows but expect to be skiing on kunstschnee !

Colorado has just been pounded Very Happy
snow report
Switzerland is going to have a bloody good winter according to this old boy!
http://youtube.com/v/G0y1QZtoDK4
snow report
Long range forecast in September made me cry, October was slightly more optimistic, just read the November edition!! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
DONT PANIC !!!!!! rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
This is what we need!!

http://youtube.com/v/YQ4aK9GIsTA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think there is a bit of unnecesary worry going on here. We have been here before and the mountains are often still green at the beginning of November. It will either snow or it won't. Why worry about it. I am in the 3V for 16 days from 30/12 and why I would love to see the white stuff covering the whole of the 3V now I have see part of Les Menuires green at Christmas and still had a great ski in that resort a week later
latest report
Mark1863 wrote:
It will either snow or it won't. Why worry about it.

In case the second of those two things happens.
ski holidays
Quote:

In case the second of those two things happens

so you spend Y weeks worrying, so that if you DO find such poor snow conditions that your week's holiday is ruined, you'll have had not just one miserable week, but Y + 1. Result!
ski holidays
paulio wrote:
Mark1863 wrote:
It will either snow or it won't. Why worry about it.

In case the second of those two things happens.

Why would you worry about that? Just means you've got a drinking holiday, saves having to go skiing before boozy lunch and then feeling obliged to do an hour or two before afternoon boozing.
latest report
Normally if you are in a situation where there are two possible outcomes, and one is materially more favourable than the other, it can be a source of worry for the participants. Unless I've completely misunderstood human psychology.
latest report
Well summed up Pam W. Why make yourself miserable worrying about it.? It won't change the weather. When you get there make the most of what there is and enjoy the scenery. If its bad I leave my Wateas at home and get a pair of hire skis. Hoping to do 6 weeks and apart from the 3V trip if its a poor season I will just go last minute based on conditions
ski holidays
to worry, is
Quote:
"to think about problems or unpleasant things that might happen in a way that makes you feel unhappy and afraid"

Nobody said it wasn't "natural". I think what's being suggested is that it is pointless, just thinking about bad stuff. It might be difficult not to "worry" when your nearest and dearest has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, or you are afraid you might lose your job, or you have done something wrong and fear you might be found out. And some people are natural worriers and worry away about trivial stuff (will people despise me if I wear a Lidl helmet).

It's not good for you, it can make you ill, and it can make you boring if you articulate and share your worries too much.

It's one of those things we ought to try not to do, for our own benefit, and that of those around us.

If possible.....

If you are a natural worrier, a good worry to practice on, a small and relatively harmless one, is whether, in two months time, a particular stretch of mountainside will be covered in snow or grass. wink
ski holidays
The question asked was 'why worry about it', and so I explained why people might worry about it, in answer to that question.
snow report
Look, I need something to worry about. OK?
snow conditions
Retitle the thread; Introduction to basic human psychology

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

The question asked was 'why worry about it', and so I explained why people might worry about it, in answer to that question.

no, you didn't explain why. You just stated that they did.

Faced with a potentially unpleasant outcome ("I might get fat if I carry on like this.....") some people will "worry" about it. Others will do something about it.

Some possible outcomes can be affected by action and forethought (getting fat, having a heart attack, having an unwanted pregnancy, damaging your legs skiing because your bindings are set wrong). Some can't (will there be snow in resort X in early February?).

"Worrying" (of the hand-wringing kind) achieves nothing.

Some people, it seems, are born worriers (my OH is one). But unless you are very deterministic about personality there's something to be said for trying to reduce the amount of time spent doing something which achieves nothing and can make you ill.
snow report
I'm not properly panicked or worried about the lack of snow yet (not going till January ffs), but I'm still paying a lot of attention to how much snow there is and how that compares to previous seasons, I'd guess a lot of people are the same.

If nothing else, (over)analysing the snow conditions in the Alps is a welcome distraction. Plus I can daydream about where I'm going to go when I win the lottery...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy