Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Brookes, Yes, thanks Chris. Mother in law had bad fall, broke upper arm, but now out of hospital and carers, who have been wonderful over last 3 days, are now in place. All well AND great snow!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good to hear.

Yes, snowed quite a bit today and clearing up tonight so you will have excellent weather from tomorrow !! (you timed it just right !!)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Speedflying footage taken yesterday around and then above Murren. Thanks to Patrick at Pearsonstyle for sharing http://www.pearsonstyle.com/

http://vimeo.com/37064498
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just arrived in Wengen. Patchy cloud but snow looks fantastic. Lots of smiling people around!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brian T wrote:
Just arrived in Wengen. Patchy cloud but snow looks fantastic. Lots of smiling people around!

Jealous !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great day today. The snow is the best I've seen here in 10 years, cloudless sky, and fantastic skiing on perfect pistes. I'd post some photographs but don't know how. Doh!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brian T, You can upload them to the snowMedia Zone (you get there by selecting it in the Snowbase menu at the top of this page) and then once loaded in the snowMedia Zone you can post a link into this thread (either a thumbnail link or bigger). Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cloud cover this morning meant very flat light so skiing not as enjoyable as last 2 days. It improved by mid- morning though and another great day was enjoyed Mrs T and myself. Run across from Maanlichen to KS was good fun and the gentle cruise to Brandegg in excellent condition. Resisted the Apple Fritters though snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the update, Brian T. Glad to hear the conditions are good. Is it warming up out there ??
A bit worried it will a bit slushy in the afternoons from March 3rd .....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The joys - meant to be flying out tomorrow at 10am direct from Jersey to Geneva but no flights have taken off or landed for over 24 hours due to fog. The Jersey met office can't say when it will be lifting either !!!

live webcam at Jersey airport
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Brookes, Light a few bonfires! Seriously, hope you get away ok mate.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gdbn, Hi, left Wengen this morning, now back in uk. However on Friday it was very warm and resort run was quite soft at 3.30pm. Wengen this morning was 4 degrees but due to get cooler for a while over weekend. However our resident weather and Wengen guru D G Orf will know better than I the prospect for March. Hope it does get cooler as MrsT and I are returning towards the end of the season snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Slightly anxious about prospects for Wengen from March 10. The weather forecast shows it being VERY warm for another week. If this is the case, will the snow survive? I haven't actually booked yet.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Currently on the train as we finally took off from Jersey 5 hours late !! Having to go to Murren via Stechleberg as the Lauterbunnen cablecar will have closed when we arrive Sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
J2R, Wed through to Sunday for the coming week looks pretty warm but I expect the snow to survive, it may be a bit wet and heavy in places but should be ok, if there were less snow on the ground I might be worried, from Sunday 4th temps will start to drop again (possibly rising briefly on the 7th/8th) before falling back below freezing after that, indications are that there will also be more snow at this time, however anything beyond a week is 50% guesswork at the moment Ask me again this time next week and I will try to provide a more accurate forecast
snow conditions
You seem to be privy to some useful information there. If you can actually arrange for snow, I'd be grateful Smile.

I've been in Murren in mid-March in warm weather and the conditions were very patchy, lots of bare ground showing through. Am I right in thinking, though, that this year there's a deeper than average snow base which should survive a bit better?
snow report
J2R, correct plus it has until recently been very cold which will have frozen much of that snow into hardpack, this is more resistant to melting.

If ground shows through the piste during sunny weather this warms up more rapidly and the wholes in the piste get bigger, however if the piste is intact and well packed then this is far less likely to happen as the snow reflects much of the suns heat away
latest report
We arrived in Murren Saturday at 22:45 and went to Thams for a lovely Chinese which kindly Tham waited for us.

Sunday morning we woke up with the visibilty being awful (picture taken from our apartment window at lunchtime)

By around 3pm (Sunday)it started to clear with around 2cm+ in the village

The Allmendhubel funnicular was closed due to a power failure as heavy snow knocked down the power lines so everyone had to take the train to Winteregg or walk to the Schilgrat chairlift. After a few helicopter visits and the use of duck tape the power was restored later in the day. (picture taken today)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 27-02-12 22:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
View of Murren from the top of the Schilgrat.

by 2pm it was +2c in the village with it getting very warm from wednesday onwards
snow report
Chris Brookes, Are you out there with your dogs? (I know they like the snow!)
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Chris Brookes, Are you out there with your dogs? (I know they like the snow!)

no not this time
snow conditions
Another lovely sunny day here in Murren (taken this morning at 8am on the way to the coop!)

One of the official snow depth gauges showing 140cm

Our enclosed garden with a bit of snow (great normally for the dogs)
snow report
Looks very good to me! Hope you've got plenty of factor 30!
snow conditions
May or may not have been posted before - but one Webcam i like to use shows live (well liveish) moving images of Mannlichen.
(moving images are about 60second snippets of live feed every 20mins i think)
Lots of options to view others too, along with diffrent options on each camera.
Shows the current temps too - handy, sort of.

http://www.feratel.com/en/webcams-weather/switzerland/wengen-maennlichen.html

apols if posted before - but maybe of interest to those not found it before.
snow report
Just back for lunch at the apartment so a quick picture of Wengen for you. It is currently +8c in Murren. Tomorrow it is meant to be +10c but then colling down to average temps with snow forecasted fri/saturday !?!?
ski holidays
Chris , you seem like the man to ask... Re Murren Very Happy

Any good websites for s/c chalet options in Murren ?... Previously always stayed in Wengen ( Breithorn Residence & Chalet Bergrose) but would like to try new areas..
ski holidays
gamer2471 wrote:
Chris , you seem like the man to ask... Re Murren Very Happy

Any good websites for s/c chalet options in Murren ?... Previously always stayed in Wengen ( Breithorn Residence & Chalet Bergrose) but would like to try new areas..

I would suggest the following site -
http://www.topapartments.ch/

And contact tourism with suggested dates and requirements -
http://www.muerren.ch/

If you need feedback on the ones you select just ask
ski holidays
Thankyou Chris, will do. Enjoy the sunshine Cool
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well its 08:23am and it is already 0c at the Schilthorn....its going to be a hot day today so heading straight up Birg.
snow report
Gamer - that webcam shows a current temp of 14.6C
Bit on the warm side me thinks ......
latest report
Chris - how's the snow in the afternoons ??
Heavy and slushy ??
latest report
Today was really hot and by 10am in Murren it was +9c.

At the Schilthorn it was +2c but the views as always.....stunning -

on the way down the Schilthorn piste

The last couple of days the Kanonenrohr run has been closed back down to Murren but its all good Wink

gdbn very much so but the temps are starting to drop from tonight.
snow report
Another amazing meal at Thams Chinese Restaurant tonight followed by the Ski School show and drinks in the cablecar bar at the Jungfrau Hotel.

Tham showing us how to cook Chinese -
snow report
Lovely pics Chris, keep 'em coming Smile
ski holidays
gdbn wrote:
Gamer - that webcam shows a current temp of 14.6C
Bit on the warm side me thinks ......

Chris' report below seems to back up the temps... Obviously they mighty have it set up in full sun which doesn't help if it is sunny with accuracy.... But usually it's spot on..

Murren is normally on the colder side .. And if at 10am it,s already 9 degrees in Murren... Midday top of mannlichen in full sun I'd say those temps are not far off.

It was -21 when I was up there just 2 weeks ago Puzzled
snow conditions
According to snow forecast it will start getting colder on Saturday evening, when I arrive.
I hope D G Orf will be along with another forecast before the weekend ......

And a bit of snow is forecast too ....
latest report
Another hot day today, by 10am it was +9c (by 3pm it was +11c) with the Schilthorn +5c

About to ski down the Schilthorn today and then came the cable car...very low...lol

Me on the Allmendhubel buton lift

They say here that them temps are going to drop on saturday/sunday with +30cm of snow Wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 1-03-12 18:17; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
I'll do a forecast tomorrow for the area
snow report
Thanks Chris and D G Orf ......
snow report
Snow cover still looks really good there, despite the warm weather. Hope it lasts till the 10th, when I arrive (or more accurately, until the 18th, when I leave - although of course it would be nice if it lasted until the end of the season for all the other skiers as well, etc., etc.).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy