Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: La Plagne/Champagny snow report 2012-2013

Poster: A snowHead
How much luggage will you have?? I have no idea of bus times (although can find out when I get there but that might be too late - 12th Dec) but a mate of mine used to hitchhike pretty much everywhere - usually carrying a snowboard. He could get from Peisey back to La Plagne in time for work at 8am in the morning must by hitching!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure if this will work but try Belle Savoie as the bus company.

The ad for Belle Savoie is bottom right of the screen - I clicked on 'purchase a bus ticket' to get the times etc

http://www.mobisavoie.com/

Looks like they run at

Not sure if the weblink is working though Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
anyone here in plagne 1800? Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not till just before NYE unfortunately!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
damn cant wait for the snow....just sorted a week over christmas. 22 - 29 woop woop!

staying in the terranova hotel. Ill jump over to the la plange thread in a sec to ask for apres and crimbo advice
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CEGV wrote:
anyone here in plagne 1800? Smile

From the 12th December I will be Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the info chaletgirl, much appreciated. Sure to be some kind of beverage-based reward coming your way in Mid December Wink

PHoSawyer - is there a separate La Plagne thread? I thought these "Snow Report" threads were the only resort specific ones...

CEGV - I'll be a short walk/bus ride away just up the hill in Plagne Centre on the 16th December.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ahh well i thought each area had their own thread and then we had the snow reports thread too. well if no-one minds then we can just use this thread then.

well the places that chaletgirl mentioned Ill probably try out. Theres around 5 mid-twenties and about 7 that are parents but act like they're mid-twenties lol. Started doing a lot more apres when I was in Hinterglemm at the start of the year and realised I was missing out a bit. We used to apres every other day but you have to do it every day to get the full effect snowHead .

RussD when you sort a place out let us know and we'll pop round....maybe we can get a snowHead SH dicounts? Very Happy

also anyone know much of Terranova, i know its a big gordy hotel but some of our group have stayed there before and said food was good and its ski in/out. just not as intimate as a chalet. also how far is the walk/ski/stagger back from any interesting bars?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ohh RussD do you frequent the MK ski dome? Ive got a mate that works/used to work there called Rob Cuss, just a shot in the dark if you ever worked there; you being a keen skiier/boarder
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

From the 12th December I will be

awesome, were you there last year? who you going with?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PHoSwayer: Nah, I have a pathological hatred of indoor skip slopes... if my run ends in less than 10 seconds and I can't see the sky, I'm not interested. Which is a shame, because I lived next door to it for years Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEGV wrote:
Quote:

From the 12th December I will be

awesome, were you there last year? who you going with?

Smile

Last year and the year before. Have been a Chalet Host for two seasons now going to be a Rep - all with SkiBeat Smile Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah I see, a seasoned professional (pun intended) I'm there from the 5th for my first season. So excited...
I'm going with skiworld Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CEGV wrote:
Ah I see, a seasoned professional (pun intended) I'm there from the 5th for my first season. So excited...
I'm going with skiworld Very Happy

LOL See you there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyone got an update on the weather?!! LOL
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Webcams around La Plagne look great this morning. Plenty of recent snow and more forecast for early next week
ski holidays
Does anyone have a link to a 2012/13 Piste map ?
latest report
There is an interactive piste map here http://www.paradiski.com/skiplan/

Also lots of webcams for the whole La Plagne area can be found here http://www.la-plagne.com/fr/hiver/autres/webcams.html

Conditions look good this morning after the recent snow with another 60 cms forecast next week and cold temperatures forecast. Looking good for the start of the season.
ski holidays
This mornings view from the webcam at Grand Rochette

http://laplagne.livecam360.net/grande-rochette?t=2012-11-30+11:10:00&r=165&z=76&tl=0

The view from the webcam at Roche de Mio

http://281.livecam360.net/rochedemio?t=2012-11-30+11:10:00&r=229&z=76&tl=0
ski holidays
skichampcouk wrote:
There is an interactive piste map here http://www.paradiski.com/skiplan/

The interactive map hasn't been updated since 2009 (although I don't think that there have been major changes since then until this year's modifications in Centre).

Last season's map is available in the Perso archives but I haven't seen the 2012/13 map yet

2011/12 map
ski holidays
ukredsox, Yes, I see what you mean about the interactive map. I never use it but assumed it would be up to date with it being interactive and all.
snow report
Loads of snow in La Plagne now - I had to dig the steps to our chalet today. Happy
snow conditions
Snow and Sunshine, Yeah! Lets hope it's the first time of many snowHead
latest report
The French so love their english tourists.

English version of La Plagne website site 11 webcams linked

http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter/other/webcams.html

French version of La Plagne website 16 webcams

http://www.la-plagne.com/fr/hiver/autres/webcams.html
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, Laughing and www.perso-laplagne.fr doesn't bother to translate anything for it's English version these days.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Yeah I noticed a while back, RG can be forgiven as the info is so uptodate, unlike the main tourist board!
snow report
I love the fact they've finally figured out that having Aime La Plagne and Aime itself is a bit confusing, so now they're calling it "plagne aime 2000"

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm#19_11_12

It's still a frikking eyesore whatever it's called
latest report
bertie bassett, I'm surprised you can't recognise a "building listed by the « Ministère de la Cultures » as an architectural monument of the XXth century" when you see one wink
snow report
Apparently there's enough snow in La Plagne that we won't be able to get the car up to my accommodation (next to Le Petit Chaperone Rouge restaurant) - looks like I'll have to sweet talk the restaurant manager to use his snowcat and trailer as there's no way I can drag my case that far!!! Smile what an ace 'problem' to have!!

It's currently snowing in La Rosiere too (where we are for training)

woohoo Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chaletgirl, Fantastic! and what a place to live next to La Plagnes best restaurant Very Happy
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
chaletgirl, Fantastic! and what a place to live next to La Plagnes best restaurant Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy It's a great place indeed Very Happy My second time living there - I'm spoilt I am Smile Smile
latest report
chaletgirl, are the lifts running in la Ros yet. How is the cooking training going. As Boredsurfing, says, what a great place to be staying in la plagne. hope to catch up with you during the season. Very Happy
snow conditions
Don't think the lifts are running yet! we can't actually see them cos of the cloud/snow!!

training sucks third time round!!! but it'll be ok Smile Everyone but me gets to La Plagne on Friday. I have to do Rep Trainig in Peisey so get to La Plagne on 12th - for my birthday party in MammaMia's Smile
latest report
Still snowing!!
ski holidays
The webcams look nice and white today Very Happy

According to snow-forecast another 120 cms of snow is forecast for the next 7 days.

Is anybody out there going to watch the bobsleighing in La Plagne? It is the European cup this week and the World cup next week.
latest report
Hi, can anyone help?

What is the best iphone app for snow fall/weather reports for La Plagne?
ski holidays
Snowcrazy are you also in La Plagne for the season?

I'll be arriving in two weeks - would be great to find some sociable people to hit runs/apres with...
snow report
roche1800, The official App is OK
Otherwise, Twitter, follow Ski Beat La Plagne Scottys Bar Ski4fun Oxygene ski. ski Amis Simply Savoie etc etc
snow report
RussD, RussD snowcrazy usually lurks around BstM / Les Arcs
ski holidays
RussD, Hi , as Boredsurfing, says I am based over on the :Les Arcs side, but often ski/snowboard over in La Plagne as well so am happy to meet up during the day whilst you are out for a beer and a ski maybe, but evenings would not be possible. Send me a PM if you are interested in meeting up and we can arrange something. Very Happy

Looking at the web cams, loads of snow and still falling. It looks like we are in for another mega dump like last year. Toofy Grin
latest report
Boredsurfing, ok I will do a search for it!

I am out a week on Friday, are you you! Intrigued to see the completed lift set up in Plagne Centre . . .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy