Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: La Plagne/Champagny snow report 2012-2013

Poster: A snowHead
Image of the entrance to Champagny village this morning courtesy of Hotel les Glieres.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skichampcouk, very nice. Are you out yet are still at home? Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowcrazy, Still at home. Due out in early November for a few days to do a few jobs and then out again from mid-December for the full season Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skichampcouk, ok, I hope to get some weekends in before the lifts open. When you are out drop me a PM if you fancy doing anything. Looks like there will soon be enough snow high up to put some fresh lines down. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowcrazy, Will do.

First full season out there for us, up until this year it has just been regular short visits throughout the season, so can't wait. Very Happy

Let's hope the conditions are similar to last season.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm also doing most of the Season from Champs (apart from Christmas & Vacances Scolaires)
skichamp - no doubt see you in the Pitchoun.
snowcrazy - be good to meet up for a sk, not done so for a few years.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Drove up to La Plagne yesterday so thought I'd post a quick weather report.

There is a good base now above 2000m, and some snow right down to the runs below Plagne Centre although this isn't really a base yet. The weather is sunny but cold - temperatures freezing each night right down to the valley so the next snowfall should be well below the current snow level.

Preperations seem to be going well for the season. They've been testing the lifts, snow cannons etc in preperation for the start of the season although no serious snow making going on as yet as far as I can see - guess they are waiting to see how much of what has been predicted actually falls between now and the start of the season.

There is still quite a lot of building work to do to finish the Plagne Centre changes but it seems to be finishing off stuff now so should easily be done before the season - they were furiously grouting tiles in the new galleries when we went up.

Web cams here:http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/les-coches-information/resort-webcams-la-plagne-les-coches

I can't wait for the season now!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow and Sunshine, Thanks for the report, I was last there in October and it looked like there was a huge amount of earth moving to do on the Frond de neige. Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow and Sunshine, How much snow is being predicted?
I had a look at snow forecast and some is expected for this weekend and France meteo predict the weather looks like it will worsen next week but I have no idea how much is expected.

GW, No doubt see you in there. Send us a text when you arrive and we will arrange to meet up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

huge amount of earth moving to do on the Frond de neige.

Most of the earth moving seems to have been done now in my opinion and you can see how the flow of skiiers will be better. Still got diggers etc on site though so there might be a few last minute adjustments

Quote:

How much snow is being predicted?

No idea to be honest - every website seems to have different amounts.

Snow forecast who we usually find to be as reliable as anyone else are predicting 14cm on Sun night/Monday with more during next week but nothing before then. However, my non-scientific-and-completely-uneducated-in-weather-forecasting prediction is for at least some before then. There are what looks like snow clouds in the sky at the moment so I reckon either tonight or tomorrow morning - maybe??

I'll keep you posted if it snows tonight - and maybe even try and battle the photo-putting-up-system for some nice snow shots
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow and Sunshine wrote:
Drove up to La Plagne yesterday so thought I'd post a quick weather report.

There is a good base now above 2000m, and some snow right down to the runs below Plagne Centre although this isn't really a base yet. The weather is sunny but cold - temperatures freezing each night right down to the valley so the next snowfall should be well below the current snow level.

Preperations seem to be going well for the season. They've been testing the lifts, snow cannons etc in preperation for the start of the season although no serious snow making going on as yet as far as I can see - guess they are waiting to see how much of what has been predicted actually falls between now and the start of the season.

There is still quite a lot of building work to do to finish the Plagne Centre changes but it seems to be finishing off stuff now so should easily be done before the season - they were furiously grouting tiles in the new galleries when we went up.

Web cams here:http://www.ice-fire.co.uk/les-coches-information/resort-webcams-la-plagne-les-coches

I can't wait for the season now!!

I'm so excited. Can't wait to get there. I won't be there till the 12th December sadly but a belated birthday party that night at MammaMia's in 1800 Very Happy Very Happy

Crossing fingers for snow like last year Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Finger's crossed for some big snow soon! I'm driving out to do a season on the 1st (with Chalet Girl as co-pilot). Starting to get excited now!

BTW shouldn't somebody make a 2012/2013 La Plagne weather thread...?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Exciting times!

No snow yet so my sixth sense obviously wasn't working the other day Very Happy

French weather forecasts are pedicting snow all next week - 40cm predicted between now and the 1st Dec. Fingers crossed!!!!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can remember driving up the 'hill' at the beginning of the season last year - drove up in rain/sleet to see green slopes and mud. Within a few days, we'd had a metre or so of snow!! Very Happy Very Happy

Its got to be good - I need to practice my skiing and get good enough to keep up with the people I know!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I need to practice my skiing and get good enough to keep up with the people I know!!

Me too!
snow conditions
BenW wrote:
Finger's crossed for some big snow soon! I'm driving out to do a season on the 1st (with Chalet Girl as co-pilot). Starting to get excited now!

BTW shouldn't somebody make a 2012/2013 La Plagne weather thread...?

BenW Get it started, after all you and Chalet Girl will be best placed to keep it up to date snowHead
ski holidays
Starting to get excited now - like a wee kid the night before Xmas! Wink Thanks for snow updates all. I'm heading out to La Plagne (centre) for the first time (and for my first season) in Mid December - around the 16th ish. I'm going to be hunting for some part-time bar work or similar when I get out there - will be living alone so need to kickstart a social scene Wink If anyone fancies some bevvies that week, give me a nudge on here.

Russ
snow report
RussD wrote:
Starting to get excited now - like a wee kid the night before Xmas! Wink Thanks for snow updates all. I'm heading out to La Plagne (centre) for the first time (and for my first season) in Mid December - around the 16th ish. I'm going to be hunting for some part-time bar work or similar when I get out there - will be living alone so need to kickstart a social scene Wink If anyone fancies some bevvies that week, give me a nudge on here.

Russ

Gissa shout when you get there Smile Oh, and head for Scottys Bar in Plagne Centre - I have no idea how they find staff but its a fun bar Very Happy And also Mouth Bar (lunacy last season - apparently!!)

The other one I went to was called Igloo but think it was staffed by French people not English

goodluck
ski holidays
Not quite sure why you changed the title of this thread to this season, but kept all the old posts. Think it would have been better to have started a new thread. It means that we have to skip to page 10 to find anything for this season. It might be a good idea to let people know that this seasons posts only start on page 10. Oh well!! Puzzled Think I will do it for you.

THE 2012 - 2013 SEASON POSTS START HERE!!

Overcast today and looks like snow in the air from the webcams I just looked at. Discounted season passes finish at the end of November so hurry up if you still need one.
snow report
chaletgirl - ta, will do - I don't have a French mobile number yet but will pass it along once I sort a SIM.

In other news, does anyone who is/has been in La Plagne know how often the bus from Aimé runs up to the resort, and how late it runs on a Sunday afternoon/evening? All the French travel websites appear to have either no information, or be unbelievably broken and I'm having trouble working out what time I would need to get to Aimé on Sunday 16th to get a bus up the hill and avoid incurring a massive taxi fare.
ski holidays
How much luggage will you have?? I have no idea of bus times (although can find out when I get there but that might be too late - 12th Dec) but a mate of mine used to hitchhike pretty much everywhere - usually carrying a snowboard. He could get from Peisey back to La Plagne in time for work at 8am in the morning must by hitching!!!
ski holidays
Not sure if this will work but try Belle Savoie as the bus company.

The ad for Belle Savoie is bottom right of the screen - I clicked on 'purchase a bus ticket' to get the times etc

http://www.mobisavoie.com/

Looks like they run at

Not sure if the weblink is working though Sad
snow conditions
anyone here in plagne 1800? Smile
ski holidays
Not till just before NYE unfortunately!
snow report
damn cant wait for the snow....just sorted a week over christmas. 22 - 29 woop woop!

staying in the terranova hotel. Ill jump over to the la plange thread in a sec to ask for apres and crimbo advice
latest report
CEGV wrote:
anyone here in plagne 1800? Smile

From the 12th December I will be Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Thanks for the info chaletgirl, much appreciated. Sure to be some kind of beverage-based reward coming your way in Mid December Wink

PHoSawyer - is there a separate La Plagne thread? I thought these "Snow Report" threads were the only resort specific ones...

CEGV - I'll be a short walk/bus ride away just up the hill in Plagne Centre on the 16th December.
snow report
ahh well i thought each area had their own thread and then we had the snow reports thread too. well if no-one minds then we can just use this thread then.

well the places that chaletgirl mentioned Ill probably try out. Theres around 5 mid-twenties and about 7 that are parents but act like they're mid-twenties lol. Started doing a lot more apres when I was in Hinterglemm at the start of the year and realised I was missing out a bit. We used to apres every other day but you have to do it every day to get the full effect snowHead .

RussD when you sort a place out let us know and we'll pop round....maybe we can get a snowHead SH dicounts? Very Happy

also anyone know much of Terranova, i know its a big gordy hotel but some of our group have stayed there before and said food was good and its ski in/out. just not as intimate as a chalet. also how far is the walk/ski/stagger back from any interesting bars?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ohh RussD do you frequent the MK ski dome? Ive got a mate that works/used to work there called Rob Cuss, just a shot in the dark if you ever worked there; you being a keen skiier/boarder
snow report
Quote:

From the 12th December I will be

awesome, were you there last year? who you going with?
ski holidays
PHoSwayer: Nah, I have a pathological hatred of indoor skip slopes... if my run ends in less than 10 seconds and I can't see the sky, I'm not interested. Which is a shame, because I lived next door to it for years Wink
ski holidays
CEGV wrote:
Quote:

From the 12th December I will be

awesome, were you there last year? who you going with?

Smile

Last year and the year before. Have been a Chalet Host for two seasons now going to be a Rep - all with SkiBeat Smile Smile
snow conditions
Ah I see, a seasoned professional (pun intended) I'm there from the 5th for my first season. So excited...
I'm going with skiworld Very Happy
ski holidays
CEGV wrote:
Ah I see, a seasoned professional (pun intended) I'm there from the 5th for my first season. So excited...
I'm going with skiworld Very Happy

LOL See you there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyone got an update on the weather?!! LOL
snow conditions
Webcams around La Plagne look great this morning. Plenty of recent snow and more forecast for early next week
ski holidays
Does anyone have a link to a 2012/13 Piste map ?
latest report
There is an interactive piste map here http://www.paradiski.com/skiplan/

Also lots of webcams for the whole La Plagne area can be found here http://www.la-plagne.com/fr/hiver/autres/webcams.html

Conditions look good this morning after the recent snow with another 60 cms forecast next week and cold temperatures forecast. Looking good for the start of the season.
ski holidays
This mornings view from the webcam at Grand Rochette

http://laplagne.livecam360.net/grande-rochette?t=2012-11-30+11:10:00&r=165&z=76&tl=0

The view from the webcam at Roche de Mio

http://281.livecam360.net/rochedemio?t=2012-11-30+11:10:00&r=229&z=76&tl=0
ski holidays
skichampcouk wrote:
There is an interactive piste map here http://www.paradiski.com/skiplan/

The interactive map hasn't been updated since 2009 (although I don't think that there have been major changes since then until this year's modifications in Centre).

Last season's map is available in the Perso archives but I haven't seen the 2012/13 map yet

2011/12 map
ski holidays
ukredsox, Yes, I see what you mean about the interactive map. I never use it but assumed it would be up to date with it being interactive and all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy