Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA Italian Flights Feb 2012 - word of warning !!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BA are cancelling some flights for 2012 ski season, and EVEN IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED AN E MAIL CONFIRMATION informing you that you have been transferred onto another flight on the same date your flight new flight may not exist !!! (VERY strange behaviour for BA)

It seems that you may get yet another e mail informing you that the 1st e mail was in error and when you call up all flights are now full so your only option will be to get a refund. Hmmmmmmmm

You should go on to the Manage My Booking section of BA.com and check your flights.

Puzzled

EDIT - Oh the 1st email (saying you have been transfered onto a new flight and if you accept the change you don't need to contact them) will arrive, but and the 2nd email (saying the 1st was an error) may never arrive - well to date none have - (that's the Word Of Warning) so you may turn up at the airport and find you don't have a ski holiday??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Update

To check your current booking with BA.

Do NOT simple click the link on your original E Ticket as BA will still have this in the system (not sure why ?)
This will just show you the details of your original booking

You MUST go to BA. com and put your E Ticket number in the box on the home page then add your last name in the box
this will take you to your current booking

Some people next year are going to get very angry at the airport and try arguing with the check-in staff Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You got any flight numbers or routes?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tiffin,

Yep - but not going to put them here as if yours isn't on the list it may lead to a false sense of security
If you have booked with a TO they will inform you soon. This warning is to the gaffer tapers.

Oh yeah - "every single klm flight" for next Feb (to Venice - we have 400 people on these) has changed times (4 weeks ago) but as this is only about 10 mins either way it's not a big promlem as I assume people will check a few days prior to the off.

PS. Am off to Austria for a BASI thing next year - am driving wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NP, I haven't booked yet but I do notice the return flight I was going to use seems to have disappeared.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This seems bizarre? i've not got anything booked with them at present and certainly won't be doing so for now?

Why are they trying to hide it? Why not just announce the changes and have some control and spin on it? Surely they can see it will be an even bigger PR disaster if they don't come clean?

Just a thought -could they have been hacked?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A couple of weeks ago I was researching travel for S8BB and I made a note of BA flights from Gatwick to Venice Marco Polo on Sat 4th Feb and back a week later. I have just checked BA.com and I see the 16.50 from Venice on Sat 12/2/12 is no longer shown on the schedule, though the other flights appear to be there still. Might cause problems
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Red Leon, Yup, that's the one I got back this year and was going to next year.

edited... dont know what year it is.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 18-07-11 13:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And if you have booked and they cancel, the only thing you get is a refund, i.e. not transferred onto next altenative.

I booked BA to Geneva 4 years ago this coming Xmas, I booked more than a year in advance and it was riduculously cheap, just over £300 for the 4 of us (hence the reason I was prepared to travel South). About 2 months prior to travel they sent me an email informing me the flight had been cancelled and they had transferred me to Heathrow-Lyon. When I called top complain about the incovenience (hoping for a bit of compo) it was then I got the bombshell. After accepting the transfer they wanted another £800 Shocked as this was the cost of the new flights.

No way were they going to budge, all they did was refer me to the T&C's. I therefore cancelled and drove
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Edit to above

Might be different if you take the same route and they just transfer your flight, I don't know.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
KLM 1800 Munich to Amsterdam has changed from departing at 19.05 to 17.30 on 25 Jan. May well have changed other dates too. I have had no notification of this, so as Wayne says, be warned, be very warned.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy