Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best (/cheapest) way to get from Les Arcs 1800 to Ste Foy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I'm going to les arcs 1800 for a week with the uni from 1st to 9th April and am joining my family in Ste Foy for the week after.

Only problem is I have to leave the apartment in les arcs by 10 and my 'rents wont be arriving until the evening so I need to make my own way there (I wont have any problems getting into the appt in ste foy as I know we can leave our bags in there)

Does anyone know the best and cheapest way to do the trip? I won't have a valid ski pass in les arcs by then which means the funicular will be quite expensive.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BiG_tYrOnE, If it's just you, with a not-too-vast bag, you could probably hitch?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BiG_tYrOnE, send me a PM and I might be able to help. Depends on the snow conditions that day. We sometimes ride there on a saturday.

Otherwise hitching might be possible, but not always easy on a Saturday. You can also get a bus from Bourg that will drop you near the turn off for the station and then hitch the rest of the way. Or it is a taxi that will cost loads. If there is a local direct bus on a saturday I will let you know. Also if you post the same question on the St Foy thread, someone there might be able to help.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's not just me, the mrs is coming too. We will have quite a lot of crap with us too
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BiG_tYrOnE, get down to 1600 via shuttle bus, then the funi down to Bourg then another free shuttle bus up to St Foy Simples!! as long as you can carry all your gear. Very Happy

whoops sorry missed the lift pass bit, how much is single on the funi? carnt be that much
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
livetoski, where is the free shuttle bus up to St foy from, how often does it run in both directions and does it run everyday or only on saturdays. ARE you sure it is FREE?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowcrazy, LOL I was quick a bit quick on the keyboard, we have always had a lift pass, I know the shuttle bus runs from St Foy village, and I am pretty sure that someone told me that there is a morning hourly service from Bourg.

I will find out but I am sure steve will know as well over on the St Foy thread
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BiG_tYrOnE, a single trip on the Funi will only cost 6.50. Then a transfer from BSM to Ste. Foy, which I believe is 15 euros.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
just found out autocars martin run coaches from BSM to ste foy station...10 euros single.

Is the shuttle bus from arc 1800 to 1600 free without a valid ski pass?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BiG_tYrOnE wrote:
Is the shuttle bus from arc 1800 to 1600 free without a valid ski pass?
Technically I don't think it is, but I've never seen any sign that liftpasses are checked and I don't bother to ensure I have my lift pass with me when I use the shuttle buses.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think the Navettes in Les Arc are run by the Commune, rather than by the lift company. I believe they are covered by the tax we pay and as such do not require a lift pass. On a Saturday you see many people on them with lots of luggage.

I
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy